U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2020, 07:24 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,749 posts, read 3,632,997 times
Reputation: 3469

Advertisements

Quote:
I do agree with you on this, Ive seen too many BAD things happen to children and innocent people...if 'guardian angels' are in place, many are not doing a very good job.
Not replying to this post specifically as there as a number of others expressing the same sentiment.

Basically, if we blame others (God/angels/demons/etc) then we are not taking responsibility for our own destiny. These atrocities happen because we as a society allow them. As an example, we allow pedos to do their thing. Whether it be Epstein and his friends, the Catholic church and their priests, or politicians and people in broadcasting(BBC) they are ALL contributing to this dangerous and unwanted behaviour which we as a society should MAKE SURE is stopped. We cannot claim others are not doing their job when we ourselves are not doing our job to stop this stuff going on in our world.

So, think about that, you people who are saying angels/God/guides are not performing well. They have a set of guidelines they must stick to in order for us to learn what we need to learn. It is like teachers doing our math for us - we will not learn how to do it for ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2020, 07:39 PM
 
507 posts, read 150,433 times
Reputation: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Not replying to this post specifically as there as a number of others expressing the same sentiment.

Basically, if we blame others (God/angels/demons/etc) then we are not taking responsibility for our own destiny. These atrocities happen because we as a society allow them. As an example, we allow pedos to do their thing. Whether it be Epstein and his friends, the Catholic church and their priests, or politicians and people in broadcasting(BBC) they are ALL contributing to this dangerous and unwanted behaviour which we as a society should MAKE SURE is stopped. We cannot claim others are not doing their job when we ourselves are not doing our job to stop this stuff going on in our world.

So, think about that, you people who are saying angels/God/guides are not performing well. They have a set of guidelines they must stick to in order for us to learn what we need to learn. It is like teachers doing our math for us - we will not learn how to do it for ourselves.
Please tell me how you would know this and since you do what exactly are these guidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2020, 07:51 PM
 
Location: in your dreams
13,089 posts, read 14,494,770 times
Reputation: 17567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Not replying to this post specifically as there as a number of others expressing the same sentiment.

Basically, if we blame others (God/angels/demons/etc) then we are not taking responsibility for our own destiny. These atrocities happen because we as a society allow them. As an example, we allow pedos to do their thing. Whether it be Epstein and his friends, the Catholic church and their priests, or politicians and people in broadcasting(BBC) they are ALL contributing to this dangerous and unwanted behaviour which we as a society should MAKE SURE is stopped. We cannot claim others are not doing their job when we ourselves are not doing our job to stop this stuff going on in our world.

So, think about that, you people who are saying angels/God/guides are not performing well. They have a set of guidelines they must stick to in order for us to learn what we need to learn. It is like teachers doing our math for us - we will not learn how to do it for ourselves.
Great post. Totally agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2020, 12:12 AM
 
1,588 posts, read 505,629 times
Reputation: 5262
If they exist, mine has been on a coffee break for the last almost-forty years, I wish he'd get off his duff and start looking out for me. Who should I complain to on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2020, 06:12 AM
 
1,186 posts, read 1,620,619 times
Reputation: 2965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
If they exist, mine has been on a coffee break for the last almost-forty years, I wish he'd get off his duff and start looking out for me. Who should I complain to on this?
It's almost as if he didn't exist, isn't it?

I don't believe in any of this. I haven't seen evidence that there's anything such as spirits, souls, angels, or gods. The closest I've gotten was hearing some thunder yesterday. I almost started believing in the god Thor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2020, 07:33 AM
 
17,174 posts, read 4,683,660 times
Reputation: 10770
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
It's almost as if he didn't exist, isn't it?

I don't believe in any of this. I haven't seen evidence that there's anything such as spirits, souls, angels, or gods. The closest I've gotten was hearing some thunder yesterday. I almost started believing in the god Thor.
Oh they exist, although Im not sure we give them accurate names, 'spirits, ghosts, etc', I do not think they are spirits or souls from once living people either.


Whatever they are, I have seen and experienced their handiwork firsthand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2020, 08:52 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,749 posts, read 3,632,997 times
Reputation: 3469
Quote:
Please tell me how you would know this and since you do what exactly are these guidelines.
Sam, You are free to choose whether you believe in these things or not. I happen to believe that God/angels/guides are not allowed to interfere with our lives but are only there to provide advice. If you choose to blame others for something you should be taking responsibility for, then again, thats your choice and will probably be a theme which runs through your life in all areas. One day, we all have to decide to take our life into our own hands and direct it how we want it to go. It does no good to anyone blaming others, as it does not provide a solution to any problem.

For me (and only my beliefs) Near Death Experiences, Out of Body travel reports, psychic tales, ghosts, occult stories, religious stories, all lead me to believe there is something going on here which we cannot explain at the moment, although we might be able to in a few years time. It leads me to believe in a God, Guides, aliens, ghosts, cryptids, and all manner of strange beasties along with other dimensions and realities too. No-one says any of you have to believe anything, so it is entirely up to you individually what makes you feel safe or comfortable in your life.

After all that, there are millions of religious people out there who all believe different things, different God, different Masters, different angels, different saints, etc and most of them cannot prove diddly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2020, 09:04 AM
 
507 posts, read 150,433 times
Reputation: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Sam, You are free to choose whether you believe in these things or not. I happen to believe that God/angels/guides are not allowed to interfere with our lives but are only there to provide advice. If you choose to blame others for something you should be taking responsibility for, then again, thats your choice and will probably be a theme which runs through your life in all areas. One day, we all have to decide to take our life into our own hands and direct it how we want it to go. It does no good to anyone blaming others, as it does not provide a solution to any problem.

For me (and only my beliefs) Near Death Experiences, Out of Body travel reports, psychic tales, ghosts, occult stories, religious stories, all lead me to believe there is something going on here which we cannot explain at the moment, although we might be able to in a few years time. It leads me to believe in a God, Guides, aliens, ghosts, cryptids, and all manner of strange beasties along with other dimensions and realities too. No-one says any of you have to believe anything, so it is entirely up to you individually what makes you feel safe or comfortable in your life.

After all that, there are millions of religious people out there who all believe different things, different God, different Masters, different angels, different saints, etc and most of them cannot prove diddly.
Thank you for your response. I kinda agree with the bold part, is should read NONE of them can prove diddly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2020, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
18,645 posts, read 13,976,453 times
Reputation: 19048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Not replying to this post specifically as there as a number of others expressing the same sentiment.
Basically, if we blame others (God/angels/demons/etc) then
we are not taking responsibility for our own destiny.
These atrocities happen because we as a society allow them.
As an example, we allow pedos to do their thing. Whether it be Epstein and his friends, the Catholicchurch and their priests, or politicians and people in broadcasting(BBC) they are ALL contributing to this dangerous and unwanted behaviour which we as a society should MAKE SURE is stopped.
We cannot claim others are not doing their job when we ourselves are not doing our job to stop this stuff going on in our world.
So, think about that, you people who are saying angels/God/guides are not performing well.
They have a set of guidelines they must stick to in order for us to learn what we need to learn.
It is like teachers doing our math for us - we will not learn how to do it for ourselves.
I gave you 10 reps in my mind.
Thank you for taking the time to write it.
'Blame' is not even in my vocabulary!
I am responsible for every single thing in my life ---even walking out and seeing someone dented my car.
Yes, even that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2020, 10:24 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
13,089 posts, read 14,494,770 times
Reputation: 17567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20
After all that, there are millions of religious people out there who all believe different things, different God, different Masters, different angels, different saints, etc and most of them cannot prove diddly.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Thank you for your response. I kinda agree with the bold part, is should read NONE of them can prove diddly.

Just want to point out that nobody can prove God/angels/demons/etc * don't * exist, either.




(People often forget that here on c-d.....lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top