U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 08:50 PM

17,174 posts, read 4,683,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Just want to point out that nobody can prove God/angels/demons/etc * don't * exist, either.

(People often forget that here on c-d.....lol)
Im fairly sure it can be proven that 'demons' exist, (if that is what they truly are anyway)...

Plenty have summoned demons thru out history, there are books filled with information on all the different ones, how they manifest, what form they take, what their rank is, etc, etc. Paimon The king of hell, is a good example, there is lots of information on him and how he manifests when summoned...(he will appear as a man riding a camel).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 02:19 AM

3,749 posts, read 3,632,997 times
Quote:
Plenty have summoned demons thru out history, there are books filled with information on all the different ones, how they manifest, what form they take, what their rank is, etc, etc. Paimon The king of hell, is a good example, there is lots of information on him and how he manifests when summoned...(he will appear as a man riding a camel).
But, are they all thought-forms we create and materialise ourselves due to our beliefs? If we can access a reality where energy is able to manifest in a much easier way than on this dimension, then it may be that these things are created by either the one who is calling them or as a result of the others who have done it in the past. They might be riding around there with nothing to do until someone summons them?

Old 05-02-2020, 05:54 PM

18,261 posts, read 20,011,952 times
No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light - 2 Corinthians 11:14

Old 05-02-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light - 2 Corinthians 11:14
Poor old Christians - they dont know what to believe now.

Just when you thought following the Bible would tell you how you could tell a monster from an angel, the bad old devil goes and mixes them up to confuse us.

If the devil can appear as an angel, then how do you know whether an angel you see at another time is really an angel or maybe perhaps a devil in disguise?
Ahh... I guess discernment with faith.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:53 PM

1,265 posts, read 846,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Poor old Christians - they dont know what to believe now.

Just when you thought following the Bible would tell you how you could tell a monster from an angel, the bad old devil goes and mixes them up to confuse us.

If the devil can appear as an angel, then how do you know whether an angel you see at another time is really an angel or maybe perhaps a devil in disguise?
Ahh... I guess discernment with faith.
Don't complicate things. A man is known by his fruits. But, back to the question, yes, we all have guardian angels, that is what I believe.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:13 AM

14,387 posts, read 13,945,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Don't complicate things. A man is known by his fruits. But, back to the question, yes, we all have guardian angels, that is what I believe.
Do you invoke them, or just let them do what they want?

Old 05-03-2020, 06:16 PM

1,265 posts, read 846,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Do you invoke them, or just let them do what they want?
Invoke them? We have no control over things like that. They only have our best interests at mind. Maybe they are that one person that stopped you on the way to work and delayed you 2 minutes only to find out an accident at an intersection 2 minutes earlier was fatal? They help , I think , with the puzzle pieces and God directs them. Only God sees the puzzle for now.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:01 PM

As an alternative to the religious narrative, I offer this.

People who do astral projection or OOBE often say they see someone standing over to the side who is dressed in a cloak and cowl and who just observes what is going on. It seems this is a friend of ours who has agreed to help us on our journey on Earth and this is the 'guardian angel' we are told about.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:12 PM

17,174 posts, read 4,683,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
As an alternative to the religious narrative, I offer this.

People who do astral projection or OOBE often say they see someone standing over to the side who is dressed in a cloak and cowl and who just observes what is going on. It seems this is a friend of ours who has agreed to help us on our journey on Earth and this is the 'guardian angel' we are told about.
I have always wanted to try Astral Projection, If I could just get into the deep meditation part, I think I would enjoy the experience, but for some reason, the couple times I have tried, I cannot go deep enough in meditation to reach the astral level.

One person told me, this is because I take Suboxone, she said any narcotics will make it next to impossible to reach this level in meditation, Im not sure if thats true or not.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:32 AM

I dont think you have to go deeply into meditation to get there - wherever 'there' is. The Robert Monroe books describe a way to do it by progressively relaxing before going to sleep, but not falling asleep. Of course, there are many ways to do astral projection/OOB which have been reported and as far as I know, most of them dont use meditation as a method to achieve the correct state.

It does appear that you have to relax as much as possible and to try not to feel fear from the wierd noises and feelings which happen as a by-product. Most people either get so exceited or fearful and shoot right back into the physical or else never get to separate. A kind of relaxed objectiveness is supposed to be the best attitude.

This is only what I have read about it as I have never been able to do it consciously. A couple of times I have found myself up by the ceiling in the past, and I have felt the usual huge twitches as I am falling asleep. I have seen through my eyelids in the past, but never managed to conquer my fears to be able to journey OOB. Maybe I am trying too hard. What I need is for someone to come and pull me out !

Quite a few people say that recreational drugs are not something you should use to try and get out, but no-one seems to say that prescription drugs will stop it. It may make you drowsy or more likely to lose concentration though since you are going to be taking your consciousness with you from physical to astral !! They say that what you think about is manifested immediately, which makes it important that your will and intention is fairly stable. This is part of the reason for the objectivity mentioned above.

Everyone seems to agree that everyone separates or goes out of sync with the physical every night. They move a few inces above their body and just hang there and this is supposed to be a way for the 'spirit' to recharge itself. The difference is consciousness, most people (including me) are unconscious of this while we are asleep.

Read the 3 Robert Monroe books and it will inspire you to try even harder.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 05-04-2020 at 01:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or