U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 09:30 AM

17,174 posts, read 4,683,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
This. I see no evidence that invisible beings exist, much less for the purpose of US. I think that's more of the egocentric thinking that has plagued man for centuries. The basis of the "the sun revolves around US" theory. We are maybe not the center of the universe.

But if invisible beings, whatever they are or are called, exist, they certainly do a terrible job. As I type this, I know that there are many children in the world being tortured or beaten or killed or raped. So that's a double disappointment in the "angels," since presumably there would be one for the tortured child and one for the evil person who is torturing the child.

It's more likely that there is just the physical world, and that maybe the universe is chaos & happenstance. Maybe each of us is really on his own. But since there's no proof that there aren't invisible beings, I wouldn't rule it out totally. But I'd say there's plenty of proof to say that, if they exist, they aren't all good beings. Some would be either ineffective (not good at their jobs), or they are intentionally evil. Now, there's a scary thought.
I know there are things that exist that we cannot see, its a known fact humans can only see a percentage of the light spectrum. Ive had some strange things happen at my house, but Im not sure whether they are good or evil.

I agree on the last part as well, if some of these things are evil in nature, that has implications that are pretty scary to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 08:25 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,632,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen
But if invisible beings, whatever they are or are called, exist, they certainly do a terrible job. As I type this, I know that there are many children in the world being tortured or beaten or killed or raped. So that's a double disappointment in the "angels," since presumably there would be one for the tortured child and one for the evil person who is torturing the child.

It's more likely that there is just the physical world, and that maybe the universe is chaos & happenstance. Maybe each of us is really on his own. But since there's no proof that there aren't invisible beings, I wouldn't rule it out totally. But I'd say there's plenty of proof to say that, if they exist, they aren't all good beings. Some would be either ineffective (not good at their jobs), or they are intentionally evil. Now, there's a scary thought.
Forgive me for putting this suggestion forward which for me, helps explain the terrible way we treat each other.

This is from what I have read and seems to me to be a reasonable idea how things work, of course your beliefs are going to be different, but consider this model of life, the Universe, and everything:

We are spirits trying to become purer so that we can merge with the Universe/God/Source. We, as spirit, have the use of a body which we inhabit for a while. Like getting in a car for example. The purpose of this is to gain spiritual experience and learn what it is like to be human. We can have totally different experiences being human than we can in any other part of the Universe, so we have chosen to be human at the moment. The idea is that those spirits which have the widest experience probably advance the most, so any and all experiences our spirit can gain only help our advancement. Before we come to Earth, we in consultation with others who have done all this before, select a vehicle and environment according to what we want to learn. Of course, some people challenge themselves more than others and some lessons are more difficult or at a higher 'degree' level than others.

So, yes, I DO think we, as spirit, sometimes select difficult lifetimes. What would be the point of our guardian angel pulling us out when things start to get bad? We ourselves have chosen this life, chosen our circumstances, so that we can learn the most in the shortest time and gain the most experience/knowledge by being here. After all, we do not want to go and repeat the same lesson because it was hard, arduous, etc, As a spirit we have not been harmed as we are eternal beings and it is only our vehicle which is battered and bruised. While it still does the job and gets us from A to B, then we (as spirit) might as well keep using it.

That does not mean we should not care about injustices and cruelty, of course we should. We all want to make this Earth place better, but it is the horrible conditions and the horrible way we treat each other which makes it SUCH a good place for our spirits to come here to learn.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:50 AM

107 posts, read 10,943 times
I'm embarrassed to admit this but I obviously must have someone looking out for me. I've survived a lot of hazardous situations, health issues and just plain weird luck.

My Tarot card reader mentioned she believed I had a guardian spirit - I'm guessing it's either my great-grandfather or one of my uncles that died when I was little. IF you believe in such things, it's possible those spirits "stay" on earth to guide some events.

A case in point I cannot explain- a few months ago I had a run in with a man who has wanted to harm me in the past. I was with my boyfriend so this man didn't have the gall to come up to me but was standing nearby, trying to get my attention. I became aware of his presence when I felt what I can only describe as a prickly heat/tingle on the top of my left ear, out of nowhere. I turned around and saw him right there.

I didn't engage him as that would have caused an awkward scene in public between my boyfriend and a very mentally unwell man. Boyfriend & I left without incident.

I still cannot explain the odd sensation I had, or the good luck that we (almost) ran into that guy right as we were leaving that store. I can try to write that off as random chance, but it feels like there was more going on.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:34 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,632,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019
I still cannot explain the odd sensation I had, or the good luck that we (almost) ran into that guy right as we were leaving that store. I can try to write that off as random chance, but it feels like there was more going on.
Sounds to me as if you are denying you are a little bit psychic and your "antenna" told you of approaching danger.

Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM

107 posts, read 10,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Sounds to me as if you are denying you are a little bit psychic and your "antenna" told you of approaching danger.
One of the reasons I don't cultivate my inner "uncanny voice" is I have a knack for predicting people's illnesses or mortality-related issues- it seems discussing those two things are universal ways to get socially blackballed. Pretty much every human has a phobia of being put on the spot about their impending physical deterioration or death.

Old Today, 01:18 PM

6,379 posts, read 8,201,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalabran View Post
I believe that others believe and find comfort and reassurance and purpose in their belief or faith.

but my spirit guide is probably unhappy, I'm an atheist.

wouldn't life be boring if we all thought and believed the same.
Your statement is something I see many times, and it is wrong, in the sense you equate religio/faith with spiritualism.
They are as different as day and night.
Many people seem to think they are the same, which they are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or