U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 12:41 PM

9,982 posts, read 16,792,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I dont know about that scientist - scientists are hardly known for being very couragous and brave, I would think most people would have run a mile if they came close-up-and-personal with a alien being, not hang around and interview it.

But...after all that, what of that 4 foot high wolf-like being which the rancher shot at close range and watched it just trot off into the distance? That was hardly a scientist investigating humans?
Probably they were all on something....and/or they'd convinced themselves they see what they want to see
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 06:18 PM

1,360 posts, read 811,378 times
so it's not worth watching?

Old 04-02-2020, 09:46 PM

17,104 posts, read 4,653,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Have you ever went to any of the places people see things for any length of time? You seem to spend a lot of time on the internet when there are a ton of sightings in your area. You never post about actually going to these areas.

I recently(last year) started camping and really enjoy it, can't wait to get out there this year. I like going to remote areas so don't have to worry about shut down areas and social distancing.

If you don't already get out of the house give it a try, you might like it.
I was planning to stake out a park in Germantown, OH a couple months ago, problem is, its now warming up and nice weather, but parks are all closed (Covid 19). Daniel Boone national forest is not too far away, Id like to go there this summer at some point, lots of Bigfoot and Dogman sightings there.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When are you going back to the guy with the Dogman?
I talked to him about 2 weeks ago, he is still up for it, but he wants to wait until this virus cools down, before having anyone over.

There is a Dollar General that is very close to his house and its next to a heavily forested area, I had kicked around the idea of going and sitting in my car (parked in the lot) late at night. MY feelings are, if these things are all over his property as he claims, they are likely all over the general area too.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:30 AM

3,751 posts, read 2,813,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
so it's not worth watching?
Im giving it 1 or 2 more episodes, but if the yare like the 1st one, Im not watching the rest.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:05 AM
KCZ

2,321 posts, read 1,327,488 times
I try not to judge anything based on the first epi, but some of the cast need to be replaced to make this enjoyable though. Travis Taylor is supposedly a brilliant scientist but ventures into the fringe areas...it will be interesting to see how he brings his expertise to this topic.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:23 AM

4,459 posts, read 2,514,915 times
I watched the first episode, and will watch the rest. It's interesting, but personally I don't think there's anything there. Travis is playing the role of the skeptic, and I hope he doesn't fall for the fakery just for money. He's there because he's been on several other UFO/"spooky" programs and has a following. They owner of the place seems to be an intelligent guy, and is remaining neutral. The security guys -- meh.

Travis is a sharp guy. He has 2 PhD's, 3 master's degrees, and a BS - all in techincal areas, and those degrees came from highly reputable universities (no diploma mills). So don't let his cornpone accent fool you into thinking he's stupid (I wonder if it's not for effect though, because he lives in the same area I do, and most people here don't talk like that).

After the first episode, I'm trying to figure out why they have a compulsion to "dig". I guess it's for the sake of the program since the ranch has a reputation for "no digging". If you notice, there are fences on the property. How'd they install the fenceposts without digging (I realize you can hammer posts into the ground, but that should be the same type thing).

Old 04-03-2020, 10:29 AM

4,459 posts, read 2,514,915 times
Travis probably catches a bit of good-natured heat from his friends and associates at work. In case you don't know, he's from the Huntsville, AL area. Huntsville is where the Saturn V was designed, and the first few built. It's a highly technical R&D town. It's the home of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, Redstone Arsenal, and several Army commands, and about 400 aerospace/defense contractors. There are LOTS of engineers here (literally thousands) and you'd have trouble finding one that believes in UFOs or the happenings at Skinwalker Ranch - entertaining subjects, but nothing based in reality.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I watched the first episode, and will watch the rest. It's interesting, but personally I don't think there's anything there. Travis is playing the role of the skeptic, and I hope he doesn't fall for the fakery just for money. He's there because he's been on several other UFO/"spooky" programs and has a following. They owner of the place seems to be an intelligent guy, and is remaining neutral. The security guys -- meh.

Travis is a sharp guy. He has 2 PhD's, 3 master's degrees, and a BS - all in techincal areas, and those degrees came from highly reputable universities (no diploma mills). So don't let his cornpone accent fool you into thinking he's stupid (I wonder if it's not for effect though, because he lives in the same area I do, and most people here don't talk like that).

After the first episode, I'm trying to figure out why they have a compulsion to "dig". I guess it's for the sake of the program since the ranch has a reputation for "no digging". If you notice, there are fences on the property. How'd they install the fenceposts without digging (I realize you can hammer posts into the ground, but that should be the same type thing).
The strange happenings of that particular area (not just the ranch, but the entire valley), go back 100s of years. There are old newspaper articles about strange things being seen and felt out there, its nothing new or modern, its the same thing as it was then.

Its interesting to see shows and documentaries about this place, but overall, I dont think we are capable of understanding what exactly it is, thats out there, or its motives/intentions, so any kind of 'investigation' is basically just going to be sitting around waiting for stuff to happen and then trying to document it the best they can. The Native Americans in the area could probably be a big help to the investigators, but I doubt any of them would step foot in that valley.

Old 04-04-2020, 01:58 PM
KCZ

2,321 posts, read 1,327,488 times
I thought the initial reason to dig was to see if there was actually any fallout from nuclear testing in NV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or