U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 01:44 PM

4,459 posts, read 2,514,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I dont think they are fantasy, but I do think drama is added to hype them up, such as Oak Island and that god awful announcer, which is doing SWR too. SWR to me though seems to really be using bad paid actors. As I mentioned,Ive seen one of them on something else.
The one with the exceptional interrogative voice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 02:19 PM

3,751 posts, read 2,813,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Might be, but don't you think this guy and "Dragon" look a bit alike? Same facial features. Travis is on darn near everything - Ancient Aliens, many UFO shows, was even on Oak Island once. And he goes to AlienCon as a star. He really is highly educated, however. His schools are highly respected.
They do look like maybe they could be brothers.

Old 04-10-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Could it be? Templars at Skinwalker Ranch?

Old 04-10-2020, 06:15 PM

3,727 posts, read 3,625,825 times
The thing is - there have been many reports of strangeness at Skinwalker Ranch in the past, so it is possible they will see something on their many cctv cameras which could be interesting. Even if there is some drama added, it is still interesting if they report real events such as the lights over the mesa.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:29 PM
KCZ

2,321 posts, read 1,327,488 times
Quote:

I HATE that guy. I love Oak Island, particularly because I like all the historical aspects and the cast is otherwise entertaining, but that narrator (his name is Robert Clotworthy) really brings down the show. It would be a 10000% improvement if the History Channel got rid of him.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:18 AM

1,360 posts, read 811,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I HATE that guy. I love Oak Island, particularly because I like all the historical aspects and the cast is otherwise entertaining, but that narrator (his name is Robert Clotworthy) really brings down the show. It would be a 10000% improvement if the History Channel got rid of him.
That just validated him. When people don't like a narrator or host, it is like click-bait but in this case viewership bait. same goes for radio or podcasts.
There's probably a high percentage that adores him (or her).
The crazy haired guy on Ancient Aliens makes the shows theories and conspiracies less credible.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:10 AM

17,104 posts, read 4,653,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
That just validated him. When people don't like a narrator or host, it is like click-bait but in this case viewership bait. same goes for radio or podcasts.
There's probably a high percentage that adores him (or her).
The crazy haired guy on Ancient Aliens makes the shows theories and conspiracies less credible.
There is a reason why that guy has crazy hair and he is always claiming everything was done by the aliens...the idea is to make it look so CRAZY and bizarre, that most people just end up laughing at the show.

Its people like him that make this topic a joke to mainstream science.

Old 04-13-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is a reason why that guy has crazy hair and he is always claiming everything was done by the aliens...the idea is to make it look so CRAZY and bizarre, that most people just end up laughing at the show.

Bingo!

Old 04-13-2020, 02:58 PM

1,360 posts, read 811,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Exactly. Because of that there's a song' Action Bronson soundtracks his Ancient Aliens adventures with latest release ... some of his closest friends watch Ancient Aliens, usually while extraordinarily high...

They should have more Nick Pope or Linda Moulton Howe. They're very credible and have been involved this for at least three decades.

The SkinWalker ranch series being shown as a reality TV show is bad news and kind of disrespectful to Indians. I watched the first two episodes and they leave you with cliffhangers. Clotworthy's voice is in the opening credits.

Old 04-14-2020, 02:36 AM

3,727 posts, read 3,625,825 times
Quote:
The SkinWalker ranch series being shown as a reality TV show is bad news and kind of disrespectful to Indians.
Exactly how is it disrespectful to Indians? Why, because there may be a curse on the land? or there may be something called a Skinwalker which is a creature generated as a result of that curse?

One tribe was disrespectful to another tribe by making them slaves, so I hardly think you can call the program anything at all. All the disrespecting is generally done by the government now and in the past by treating the Indians badly.

Maybe you can explain because I dont understand the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or