Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 09:36 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I'm really hoping this all is for real...in other words not just scripted and phony. Haven't made up my mind yet. I've seen enough weird, unexplainable stuff myself, so I have no doubt it could be real, but who knows...maybe just interesting television. As for the bones, etc....can't they just have them sent to a lab and do a DNA test to find out what they are? And the rocket....some rockets blow up on the launch pad...no need to speculate it failed because it hit some invisible "something" out there. Well, it's interesting, anyway.
Well, I think we can say for certain this ENTIRE basin area has strange activity, its documented thru old newspaper articles going back decades, there has always been strange things happening in that area, (its not just the ranch, its the entire basin area that is affected).

Im not sure the people involved in the show know exactly what they are getting themselves into, just by being there on the land, and trying to entice and even interact with the phenomenon there, whatever these entities are, I doubt very much, they care one bit about the fact these people are making a tv special, these people may be bringing something upon themselves that may stick with them for the rest of their lives, they have no idea what these things are, their intentions, motives, or how they can cause problems. Id say its almost to the point of being foolish to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 02:09 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
whatever these entities are, I doubt very much, they care one bit about the fact these people are making a tv special, these people may be bringing something upon themselves that may stick with them for the rest of their lives, they have no idea what these things are, their intentions, motives, or how they can cause problems. Id say its almost to the point of being foolish to do this.
So you think they may get possessed?

It seems these things are not ghosts or that kind of negative entity but rather something doing what it is doing regardless of humans. Although the Shermans found locks on all the doors and windows so maybe what I have just written is not true.

The negative entities in other places seem to want to interact in a negative way with humans almost as if they want to evoke a fear and then as some people say, they feed off fear.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:44 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
I really wanted to, and tried to like this show.
It's just a total roadkill. Scripted and over dramatic. And unlikable characters.
4 episodes in and I'm done.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:55 AM
KCZ

4,670 posts, read 3,665,713 times
I don't get the complaints about a show being "scripted." All shows are scripted. Comedies, dramas, talk shows, reality shows, cooking shows, sports commentaries all provide scripts for their casts, which may contain word-for-word passages or just outlines and talking points of the things to be discussed. If this show wasn't scripted and you put 10 guys in a room with a controversial and emotionally charged topic, you'd have chaos alternated with yelling.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:08 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I don't get the complaints about a show being "scripted." All shows are scripted. Comedies, dramas, talk shows, reality shows, cooking shows, sports commentaries all provide scripts for their casts, which may contain word-for-word passages or just outlines and talking points of the things to be discussed. If this show wasn't scripted and you put 10 guys in a room with a controversial and emotionally charged topic, you'd have chaos alternated with yelling.
I know its scripted, all of the shows like this are to a certain point. The problem I have is its like the yhired a bunch of poor actors to play parts in the show, think about the Liberty Mutual commercial with the bad actor. Its like they are trying to read scripts word for word, and cat see the words. I have to question the credentials of a couple of these guys. I mean, come on, Dragon, seriously? The dudes got to be an actor.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So you think they may get possessed?

It seems these things are not ghosts or that kind of negative entity but rather something doing what it is doing regardless of humans. Although the Shermans found locks on all the doors and windows so maybe what I have just written is not true.

The negative entities in other places seem to want to interact in a negative way with humans almost as if they want to evoke a fear and then as some people say, they feed off fear.
I wouldnt use the word 'possession'...but something like that.

Invoking fear in people and feeding off it is certainly possible, I believe that is what infrasonic is...it can cause feelings of fright and fear.

What do you think about the theory of these things coming thru 'portals', like the UFOs, and other creatures, do you think it is all the same thing or different things? According to the Native Americans who have lived in the area for eons, they admit the area is the stalking grounds of a skinwalker and the lands are cursed...but Ive never heard of skinwalkers being associated with UFOs, portals, bigfoots, etc, so that is kind of strange.

Old 04-24-2020, 04:37 PM
KCZ

4,670 posts, read 3,665,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I know its scripted, all of the shows like this are to a certain point. The problem I have is its like the yhired a bunch of poor actors to play parts in the show, think about the Liberty Mutual commercial with the bad actor. Its like they are trying to read scripts word for word, and cat see the words. I have to question the credentials of a couple of these guys. I mean, come on, Dragon, seriously? The dudes got to be an actor.

Google them. The Fugals, Erik Bard, Jim Segala, Travis, and all the experts (balloon guy, rocket girl, aerial photography guy) that Travis brought in are all real people. Dragon, Tom, and the remainder are all listed as real people by IMDB. If a film crew showed up at any job site and started filming, I doubt all of the workers would look like polished actors.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:39 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
It IS a big deal they captured an orb on camera and that all of them saw it too. It means it cannot be debunked as easily anyway. Next week it looks as if they find something below the ground as well, but we already know there is not RF coming from down there. Maybe a base of some kind?

I wonder if they will drop the investigation of the 'thing' in the sky? Anyone notice the 'thing' in the sky where the RF was supposed to be coming from was estimated at 1 mile high which is 5200+ feet but one of the rockets only got to 1000 feet high before it was disabled? The baloon got near to the 1 mile high at +5000 feet above the ranch before it too disappeared. I really hope they continue to investigate all that stuff up there as I think there is something invisible at that place in the sky.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It IS a big deal they captured an orb on camera and that all of them saw it too. It means it cannot be debunked as easily anyway. Next week it looks as if they find something below the ground as well, but we already know there is not RF coming from down there. Maybe a base of some kind?

I wonder if they will drop the investigation of the 'thing' in the sky? Anyone notice the 'thing' in the sky where the RF was supposed to be coming from was estimated at 1 mile high which is 5200+ feet but one of the rockets only got to 1000 feet high before it was disabled? The baloon got near to the 1 mile high at +5000 feet above the ranch before it too disappeared. I really hope they continue to investigate all that stuff up there as I think there is something invisible at that place in the sky.
Would be very easy to get in an airplane or helicopter and just go up there. No need for a balloon or rocket.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Google them. The Fugals, Erik Bard, Jim Segala, Travis, and all the experts (balloon guy, rocket girl, aerial photography guy) that Travis brought in are all real people. Dragon, Tom, and the remainder are all listed as real people by IMDB. If a film crew showed up at any job site and started filming, I doubt all of the workers would look like polished actors.
Didn't understand what I was getting at or I didn't word it right. Sure they are real people, the Dragon was was just a joke, but its like instead of saying what they want, or what they need to say, they are having to read from a script. Like some dudes standing there with cue cards for them to read while they are filming. SOme people cant rad as fast out loud as they can just reading something in their head, and it comes out sounding "Slow".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal