Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 03:33 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Short and sweet - you believe or you don't. Theres no changing of minds for either side.
And then there are those who are wiling to believe if shown some little bit of evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 03:45 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
And then there are those who are wiling to believe if shown some little bit of evidence.
Some, maybe. Most, no.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:46 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times
Quote:
Some, maybe. Most, no.
Just showing you that it isn't just that you believe or don't believe.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Just showing you that it isn't just that you believe or don't believe.
I know.

I believe, I don't need "evidence". I don't have an issue with those who don't. My issue is when I doubt pics, videos or whatever, I get jumped on because its goes against what a believer should think.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:08 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
So you are looking for an echo chamber where everyone agrees with you?

I am completely open to the idea that there are things out there that we do not understand. I am willing to believe that big foot and aliens and ghosts and anything may exist. What I am not willing to do is take any strange noise or out of focused picture and believe its bigfoot just because I want to believe it is. There are people on here who claim they have seen bigfoot many times, yet, for some reason they have never been able to produce any evidence of him.
Do you consider the number of sightings and reports, going back 100s of years, (many by very credible and respected individuals)...to be significant in believing this is real?

I forget the year, but there was a specific time when the term 'Bigfoot/Sasquatch' was first coined...sightings and encounters that happened prior to these words being created, people referred to them as 'wild men' or hairy wild men, wild ape men, etc. Its interesting to read the very old encounters, before the word Bigfoot was coined, and listen to the descriptions they give of what they saw.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:52 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
I know.

I believe, I don't need "evidence". I don't have an issue with those who don't. My issue is when I doubt pics, videos or whatever, I get jumped on because its goes against what a believer should think.
John, I apologized to you quite a while back and you never acknowledge it. I didn't feel I had jumped on you. No need to stay butt hurt

Can you give us a link as go where we can purchase reproductions of these heads?

Old 05-04-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
John, I apologized to you quite a while back and you never acknowledge it. I didn't feel I had jumped on you. No need to stay butt hurt

Can you give us a link as go where we can purchase reproductions of these heads?
Not butt hurt about anything as far as you and I are concerned. I get/got the same flack what ever forum I go to, or rather use to go to. My response was not directed at you. I accept your apology if it makes you fell better.

I never said anything about buying reproduction heads. Im not a Hollywood makeup artist but it seems to me that it wouldnt be too hard to do with the proper knowledge.

Old 05-04-2020, 11:19 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Not butt hurt about anything as far as you and I are concerned. I get/got the same flack what ever forum I go to, or rather use to go to. My response was not directed at you. I accept your apology if it makes you fell better.

I never said anything about buying reproduction heads. Im not a Hollywood makeup artist but it seems to me that it wouldnt be too hard to do with the proper knowledge.
You published links saying the heads were photoshopped and TS's are not.

Old 05-04-2020, 11:36 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You published links saying the heads were photoshopped and TS's are not.
Not sure if UpstateJohn posted links but I know I have posted links showing Todd Standings to be a fraud. There are many people with internet posts showing/explaining how/why his photos/videos are hoaxes. For me the people questioning Mr Standing seem WAY more reputable and their findings are WAY more logical.

Old 05-04-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Not sure if UpstateJohn posted links but I know I have posted links showing Todd Standings to be a fraud. There are many people with internet posts showing/explaining how/why his photos/videos are hoaxes. For me the people questioning Mr Standing seem WAY more reputable and their findings are WAY more logical.
Same links I believe they were indeed. I dont the person was saying they were photoshopped though. I really dont remember and have to google stuff I remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal