Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 116 69.46%
No 51 30.54%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 09:33 PM

12,928 posts, read 9,656,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I wonder what goes on to make people afraid of dolls? Thoughts and opinions like that are perhaps caused by an emotional or scare event which makes a negative impact. Similar to fear of clowns but I can see the scary looking side of clowns but not of dolls.

After all, dolls are supposed to be 'babies' to little girls aren't they? Kids have seen their mom 'playing' with their brother/sister and want one of their own to 'play' with, dress, etc. Thats normally a good experience so what makes it a 'bad' experience?
some dolls just look creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 11:18 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,178,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
some dolls just look creepy.
Yes, there is another doll that "lives" in the Florida Keys named Robert. A little boy was given this sailor doll many years ago and he was heard speaking to it, then later people heard a voice speak back to the little boy. Years past, boy grew up and the doll was put up in the attic, but neighbors and passersby saw the doll peering out of other windows of rooms in the house. Family was notified the doll is looking out of a room, then they would check and Robert would be in this other room when he should have been up in the attic. The doll is in a museum now. For some reason, a couple of years ago I ran into Robert's twitter page The museum must have set it up though.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:22 AM

12,928 posts, read 9,656,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Yes, there is another doll that "lives" in the Florida Keys named Robert. A little boy was given this sailor doll many years ago and he was heard speaking to it, then later people heard a voice speak back to the little boy. Years past, boy grew up and the doll was put up in the attic, but neighbors and passersby saw the doll peering out of other windows of rooms in the house. Family was notified the doll is looking out of a room, then they would check and Robert would be in this other room when he should have been up in the attic. The doll is in a museum now. For some reason, a couple of years ago I ran into Robert's twitter page The museum must have set it up though.
jesus cristo......creepy

Old 05-18-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
jesus cristo......creepy
Take a look at him! I hoped he looked cuter when he was new.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,667,203 times
Quote:
There are a couple dolls like that, lots of people are familiar with the Annabelle doll, that has caused problems for everyone that has owned it, it too, now sits in a protective case.

What I find interesting about these things...why and how do they even have the ability to 'inhabit' an object like a toy doll? If these entities are truly demons, God would have been the ONLY one that could have created it this way, or enabled them to inhabit objects.

Another thing I have wondered about, if these things are not demonic, why do bible verses and other christian objects seem to hold so much power over what these entities do?

Old 05-18-2020, 11:30 AM

I guess I should apologize to Robert. Sorry about the cuteness comment. When anyone says anything unflattering about Robert, they have to apologize.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There are a couple dolls like that, lots of people are familiar with the Annabelle doll, that has caused problems for everyone that has owned it, it too, now sits in a protective case.

What I find interesting about these things...why and how do they even have the ability to 'inhabit' an object like a toy doll? If these entities are truly demons, God would have been the ONLY one that could have created it this way, or enabled them to inhabit objects.

Another thing I have wondered about, if these things are not demonic, why do bible verses and other christian objects seem to hold so much power over what these entities do?
Good questions. I think that it isn't only demonic spirits that occupy these dolls, could just be earthbound souls and they find a doll to inhabit. The Annabelle doll story is really scary, I saw all the movies.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:55 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,289,430 times
Quote:
Good questions. I think that it isn't only demonic spirits that occupy these dolls, could just be earthbound souls and they find a doll to inhabit. The Annabelle doll story is really scary, I saw all the movies.

I saw the movie Anabelle when it first came out and that scared the pee out of me. If the buddah statues have power then, why not other dolls/idols?

Old 05-18-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I saw the movie Anabelle when it first came out and that scared the pee out of me. If the buddah statues have power then, why not other dolls/idols?
Wow, true and both scary - I think the other dolls have energy in them, both good and bad. Sometimes people have lucky charms, like a rabbit's foot, but how a rabbit foot would have good energy, I don't know. Sometimes a doll has good luck, too - good energy. They say you rub the Buddha's belly for good luck. Sometimes dolls have the other kind of energy, not so good.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:20 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,667,203 times
Quote:
Well, the same question would apply to 'earthbound spirits'...why would bible verses, or christian objects effect these entities?

I asked that question when I saw the first Annabelle movie, its scary to think that angels, demons, may actually be real and demons are actively trying to harm us with this behavior!!! Of course, it follows, if demons are real...maybe Christianity is correct, and there is a 'heaven or hell' waiting for all of us?

Scary to contemplate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal