Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 116 69.46%
No 51 30.54%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 03:51 PM

298 posts, read 305,249 times

Advertisements

Yes, I have personally experienced one. It was both my spouse and I. We heard a ghost laugh-it was a child's laugh. I was from taunting the ghost into a game and apparently it enjoyed it! Later in the evening the ghost grabbed my ankles from outside the bed covers. It was a very firm grab, I am assuming it was the still child type ghost just wanting to play. There was nothing evil about it just a playful spirit. This encounter was not in our home but on an overnight trip in a room that was told to us was haunted and we bravely decided to try an overnight stay. We ended up leaving very early in the a.m. as we were a bit scared and this was our first encounter. We went in as non believers especially my spouse. We checked the room top to bottom for any shenanigans on their part to try to get business but found nothing out of the ordinary. We did not get any pictures only had encounter as described. I am not lying about this it really and truly did happen. We have no medical conditions or hearing or seeing issues we are in good health so we ruled that out as well. All I can say is it just makes you wonder. I don't actively seek out haunted places as a hobby or anything like that. It was just a spur of the moment thing we thought wasn't true and BS and went in extremely skeptical. I am glad it was a child spirit though with playful intentions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 04:01 PM

298 posts, read 305,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Yes, there is another doll that "lives" in the Florida Keys named Robert. A little boy was given this sailor doll many years ago and he was heard speaking to it, then later people heard a voice speak back to the little boy. Years past, boy grew up and the doll was put up in the attic, but neighbors and passersby saw the doll peering out of other windows of rooms in the house. Family was notified the doll is looking out of a room, then they would check and Robert would be in this other room when he should have been up in the attic. The doll is in a museum now. For some reason, a couple of years ago I ran into Robert's twitter page The museum must have set it up though.

I am getting rid of all my dolls. That is really really creepy.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:37 PM

3,707 posts, read 2,441,900 times
There is a bar in St. Augustine florida that I went to a couple times, 20 years ago.

Can't remember the name.

While I was sitting at the bar alone chatting with the bartender on and off,

the high-chair right next to me would slam down straight back and hard on the floor.

"What's that? / What's happening?"

Bartedner: Oh, that's the ghost. The ghost does this regularly.

It wasn't wind.....and no fishing line tied to this stool.

Who knows.

Old 07-15-2021, 06:08 AM

7,010 posts, read 6,932,893 times
Hasn't Zac Bagins of Ghost Adventures got Robert in his museum now? I have a feeling they had a Ghost Adventures episode about Robert - whether he came to visit or whether he lives there I cannot remember.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:03 AM

4,332 posts, read 1,578,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
There is a bar in St. Augustine florida that I went to a couple times, 20 years ago.
I was just in St. Augustine and they certainly have made an industry of their supposed ghosts. Can't turn a corner without seeing a sign for another ghost tour.

Personally, there's only ever been one possible ghostly experience in our house. My grandfather had died a couple of weeks beforehand, I had moved to the US as a 21 year old and unfortunately with time and the cost of travel, I didn't get to see him before he passed and he had never got to meet his grandson.

One day, my son who was two and a half at the time went to the bathroom and started screaming. He ran out and told us a man was in the bathroom. Now obviously, my wife and I were very concerned at hearing this and immediately went into the bathroom, with trepidation, the idea of coming face to face with an intruder was not our idea of a fun afternoon. Alas, swinging the door open - nothing was there.

Our son described this man as tall with shockingly white hair wearing a jacket and for six months, maybe more, he refused to use this particular bathroom. I like to think it was my grandad finally meeting his grandson, as a 6ft 3 man with a full head of silver hair,, always in a suit, he fit the bill to a tee.

Who knows?

Old 07-15-2021, 08:19 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,149,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Hasn't Zac Bagins of Ghost Adventures got Robert in his museum now? I have a feeling they had a Ghost Adventures episode about Robert - whether he came to visit or whether he lives there I cannot remember.
Yep, Zak has Robert now. That was a good episode, watched it twice.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:42 AM

3,707 posts, read 2,441,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
I was just in St. Augustine and they certainly have made an industry of their supposed ghosts. Can't turn a corner without seeing a sign for another ghost tour.
Yes, that made me wonder it is/was just a......gimmick or something.

Quote:
Personally, there's only ever been one possible ghostly experience in our house. My grandfather had died a couple of weeks beforehand, I had moved to the US as a 21 year old and unfortunately with time and the cost of travel, I didn't get to see him before he passed and he had never got to meet his grandson.

One day, my son who was two and a half at the time went to the bathroom and started screaming. He ran out and told us a man was in the bathroom. Now obviously, my wife and I were very concerned at hearing this and immediately went into the bathroom, with trepidation, the idea of coming face to face with an intruder was not our idea of a fun afternoon. Alas, swinging the door open - nothing was there.

Our son described this man as tall with shockingly white hair wearing a jacket and for six months, maybe more, he refused to use this particular bathroom. I like to think it was my grandad finally meeting his grandson, as a 6ft 3 man with a full head of silver hair,, always in a suit, he fit the bill to a tee.

Who knows?
Interesting. They say that up until the age of 3 years old children can see experience these things.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:25 AM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Interesting. They say that up until the age of 3 years old children can see experience these things.
Someone posted a photo here, of how "ghosts" would appear to people or animals who are able to see just barely beyond the normal visible spectrum for humans. The poster was saying, that kids, or some kids in their first few years, are able to see just beyond the normal light spectrum. It was a very interesting photo. The theory seemed plausible.

What I don't understand, though, is how the deceased (aka: "ghosts") would be able to cause objects to move, or cause electrical phenomena to occur (lights turning on/off), phones to ring, and such. If they're no longer in a living body, how would they generate any electro-magnetic energy to work with? Or how would they otherwise push stuff around, if there's no physical aspect to their being? How would they suddenly release a perfume fragrance, to say "hello" to their loved ones?

That one's a mystery.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-15-2021 at 11:15 AM..

Old 07-15-2021, 10:31 AM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Well, and the other unanswered question is, if we go with the seeing-beyond-the-normal-light-spectrum theory I posted, accepting that small children for whatever reason are able to do that, how would be explain adults who have never "seen" any ghosts their entire lives, suddenly perceiving a parent who had recently passed? Either we can see past the normal spectrum or we can't. The ability wouldn't switch on and off, I would think.

Just thinking out loud....

Old 07-15-2021, 10:50 AM

15,643 posts, read 26,334,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No, they got to exhibit the doll for a few months and then the doll went back to Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal