Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 122 69.71%
No 53 30.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 11:51 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,173,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
No, they got to exhibit the doll for a few months and then the doll went back to Florida.
Thanks for the update. Zak's museum is high on the want to see list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 02:59 PM

15,658 posts, read 26,437,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Thanks for the update. Zak's museum is high on the want to see list.
I listen to a podcast called Dearly Departed. It’s with Scott Michaels, the guy who ran the graveline tour in Los Angeles, which morphed into dearly departed tours… and I think Covid killed the business. He did something with Zak Bagans. And so did the other cohost. Mike something. I actually think it was Mike that went on the tour. He said the tour was really good but it wasn’t cheap, expect to pay like 60 or 70 bucks for a ticket but it is 90 minutes and there is a lot to see. It’s also guided.

Old 07-15-2021, 05:10 PM

7,103 posts, read 7,037,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Someone posted a photo here, of how "ghosts" would appear to people or animals who are able to see just barely beyond the normal visible spectrum for humans. The poster was saying, that kids, or some kids in their first few years, are able to see just beyond the normal light spectrum. It was a very interesting photo. The theory seemed plausible.

What I don't understand, though, is how the deceased (aka: "ghosts") would be able to cause objects to move, or cause electrical phenomena to occur (lights turning on/off), phones to ring, and such. If they're no longer in a living body, how would they generate any electro-magnetic energy to work with? Or how would they otherwise push stuff around, if there's no physical aspect to their being? How would they suddenly release a perfume fragrance, to say "hello" to their loved ones?

Well, and the other unanswered question is, if we go with the seeing-beyond-the-normal-light-spectrum theory I posted, accepting that small children for whatever reason are able to do that, how would be explain adults who have never "seen" any ghosts their entire lives, suddenly perceiving a parent who had recently passed? Either we can see past the normal spectrum or we can't. The ability wouldn't switch on and off, I would think.
The folks who do OBEs, some of them have tried to move a pencil or similar object when they are in that other state. From my take on all that(just a theory), it appears that what happens is that our multi-dimensional body takes on or moves into other 'bodies' according to the reality we need to interact with. So for example, if what we know as ghosts, are operating on the second 'level' then we would move into our second-level 'body' to see them as solid and interact with them as solid. In that 'body' we could move stuff in their reality. If we are in a nearby level then we see those beings as whispy and non-solid.

Of course. our senses work through our brain so something would have to change the way our brain sensed and interpreted the light coming in through our 'cameras' for us to see into other spectrums, unless we had a 'camera' upgrade.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:22 PM

298 posts, read 307,788 times
My cat and dog sometimes get scared or will be looking at something which I can't see. I know there vision and hearing is much sharper than ours. I have gone outside to see if I see or hear anything and I can't see anything at all that would cause them to bark, meow. And in the room they stare at something there is no bugs or anything I can see. The cat will go into a room and for some reason get really panicky or hiss and run out. Then she won't go back in the room. A friend who believes in spirits said a spirit can attach to you. The first thing I thought about was the child spirit we encountered. I don't know if this is true or not. Has anyone else heard of this? What types of cameras do you set up to try and capture a spirit? I wish we would have tried to take pictures of the encounter we had in that hotel room. But I will never forget the child's laugh and the ankle grab. It scared us really badly as honestly we didn't believe going in. It just would have solidified and proven the encounter more to others if we had captured any pictures. We did take apart the room, looking behind drapes, under beds and other furniture to try and disprove the encounter. We took mattress off of bed we were determined to disprove it.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:26 PM

298 posts, read 307,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCarFamily View Post
My cat and dog sometimes get scared or will be looking at something which I can't see. I know there vision and hearing is much sharper than ours. I have gone outside to see if I see or hear anything and I can't see anything at all that would cause them to bark, meow. And in the room they stare at something there is no bugs or anything I can see. The cat will go into a room and for some reason get really panicky or hiss and run out. Then she won't go back in the room. A friend who believes in spirits said a spirit can attach to you. The first thing I thought about was the child spirit we encountered. I don't know if this is true or not. Has anyone else heard of this? What types of cameras do you set up to try and capture a spirit? I wish we would have tried to take pictures of the encounter we had in that hotel room. But I will never forget the child's laugh and the ankle grab. It scared us really badly as honestly we didn't believe going in. It just would have solidified and proven the encounter more to others if we had captured any pictures. We did take apart the room, looking behind drapes, under beds and other furniture to try and disprove the encounter. We took mattress off of bed we were determined to disprove it.
Also: I forgot to say that in that same hotel room when we first got there the TV worked and then after the child's laughter the TV stopped working. We had to call the front desk and they sent someone to try and fix the TV. I don't know if the Spirit and the TV were connected like some energy someone mentioned. Who knows. All I can say is it was super weird and scarey for us.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:29 PM

102,529 posts, read 109,171,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCarFamily View Post
It's known that animals, at least some species, can see beyond the light spectrum humans are able to perceive.

And cameras can pick up subtle light phenomena. I don't know much about that, but cameras have been known to reveal ghostly presences and other phenomena. For one thing, our eyes have a brain attached to them, which filters the information the eyes (and other senses) take in. The camera's "eye" is unbiased. It can capture things the human eye/brain filters out.

Old 07-16-2021, 01:50 PM

12,926 posts, read 9,800,767 times
You know, if 10% of the stuff that I see on that show "Paranormal caught on camera" is real, then slam dunk yes. Scary. My dogs always bark at random stuff, not sure if ghost related. One of the times was after a dear friend died. I thought my friend was visiting.

Old 07-16-2021, 05:28 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,173,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
You know, if 10% of the stuff that I see on that show "Paranormal caught on camera" is real, then slam dunk yes. Scary. My dogs always bark at random stuff, not sure if ghost related. One of the times was after a dear friend died. I thought my friend was visiting.
This thread reminds me of when I volunteered for a rescue and one of the ladies had a terminal husband. I got to know them, liked him, although he didn’t participate in the animal rescues. After about a year, he passed. One day soon after, I offered to feed the animals while his wife spent a few hours outside the house, doing things she needed to do. I fed the animals, then sat down in her husbands easy chair, planning to relax for a bit. I settled in, a couple of cats were curled up beside me on the chair. Suddenly, the dogs started barking, the cats were looking down the hallway, their fur was standing straight up. I never saw anything, but got the feeling of being watched. Later, one of the women who worked there, said he paid me a visit. His wife started crying, wondering why he hadn’t contacted her. The animals sure saw something, although I never did.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:12 AM

7,103 posts, read 7,037,100 times
People often wonder why they have never experienced a ghostly visit from their loved ones.

I think it might be that the one left behind is either too distracted by grief to notice the subtle signs, or that they are just not 'tuned' into receiving those energies which can be generated from the other side. Often I have seen it said that they try to get through in dreams but folks write dreams off as just the brain sorting through daily leftovers and they do not take these as messages or anything useful. So for example if you had a dream about your departed Mum - is it your desperate wish to see her again or is it your Mum trying to get through?

In the end it is down to beliefs I guess, but I have read people say that those on the other side use dreams to try to get through to us who are not very naturally psychic.

The other thing I will mention I have read and which which I think is important is that someone who is really really missing their loved one, will be placing a 'pull' on them. Kind-of like a tugging at their apron strings, a nudging, a constant reminder, of the one who is left behind. This is fine for a while after passing, but the person who has died needs to move on in the spirit world and a constant reminder of the person they left behind becomes a bit of a handicap.

I do not think someone you have spent this Earthly life with or been close to is ever forgotten, but when we die, we are in effect going to another country and the sights and sounds we see there are very in-your-face and are the strongest experiences in those moments. Of course we wish to share them with the ones back home, but it is impossible unless they are with us. When we go on business trips we have meetings and other stuff during the daytime and only in the evening in the hotel do we have time and opportunity to focus again on the ones left behind at home.

Old 07-17-2021, 10:45 PM

9 posts, read 11,361 times
When my grandpa passed away I def had proof he was still about...

This black rock I had that said LOVE on it was on my computer desk when I got home and it wasnt there before I left earlier..... Then laster that weekend when everyone had gone out of state for his funeral,there was some strange happens in the house.. The radio came on in my dads room and the timer WAS NOT SET because it wasnt a work day.... I stood in the doorway and told my grandpa his funeral was today,he better go down there and be with them.... If he wants to come back after he can....... I didnt notice anything after that.....

Yes Spirits are real and they are all around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal