U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 92 71.32%
No 37 28.68%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-09-2020, 01:48 AM
 
Location: Somewhere.
10,353 posts, read 23,233,075 times
Reputation: 8641

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Yes. I wont tell my story since I got too many PMs saying I made it up.
You should tell them that I said to go suck an egg. I hate people that hide behind their computers and belittle others. I'd like to see them do that in real life. You'd probably find out they are just 3 foot trolls.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2020, 06:33 AM
 
11,443 posts, read 406,666 times
Reputation: 1598
Dont be afraid to tell your story John........ Those of us that believe will not laugh or judge you.... I am fascinated by the Spiritual world...........


Please dont be afraid to share my friend!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2020, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,790 posts, read 4,508,037 times
Reputation: 10998
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I always thought it was interesting, in the bible, after Jesus was crucified on the cross and he appeared to some of the disciples, they assumed he was a ghost at first (meaning, they had a word for these things even back then!)
A ghost story from around 100AD:

https://ancientstandard.com/2007/10/...y-ca-61-115-ad
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2020, 12:04 PM
 
1,979 posts, read 1,291,315 times
Reputation: 3011
Yes.
Told about it on a diff thread...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2020, 12:29 PM
 
Location: northern New England
3,890 posts, read 1,931,430 times
Reputation: 14797
I have never seen or heard one, but have smelled and felt them. Manifestations to me are unusual smells with no explanation, and feeling someone touch me when there is no one there. The most active place I lived was a new house on an old farm. I am currently living in a 170 year old house with very little activity. Go figure.
__________________
Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2020, 01:04 PM
 
8,349 posts, read 3,215,233 times
Reputation: 6765
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I always thought it was interesting, in the bible, after Jesus was crucified on the cross and he appeared to some of the disciples, they assumed he was a ghost at first (meaning, they had a word for these things even back then!)


I dont think ghosts are demonic either, the one I saw was neutral for the most part, not good or evil, it was just there, Im not even sure it knew I was there looking at it.
Yes, people in ancient times speak about ghosts, and as with Jesus they had a word for it, so why would they have even thought about these things if they had not experienced it for themselves.

I don't think ghosts are demonic either, although there are some spirits that are very angry and dark, things unresolved and so they are in a kind of purgatory on Earth. Also there are spirits that come to help people, too. Remember the news story about a car that ran into a lake a few years ago and police happened to be in the area and heard a woman screaming for help, they swam over and found the car but a deceased woman inside, they looked around more and heard a little toddler crying and were able to save the child. There was no way the deceased woman could have screamed for help, she had passed away hours ago, if it were not for the screams the policemen heard, the baby would have perished. The policemen were adamant that they heard screaming.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2020, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
4,041 posts, read 3,233,937 times
Reputation: 4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You should tell them that I said to go suck an egg. I hate people that hide behind their computers and belittle others. I'd like to see them do that in real life. You'd probably find out they are just 3 foot trolls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
Dont be afraid to tell your story John........ Those of us that believe will not laugh or judge you.... I am fascinated by the Spiritual world...........


Please dont be afraid to share my friend!!
Like I said, its in another post on this same subject.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2020, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Bullhead City, Az.
6 posts, read 2,910 times
Reputation: 29
Never did until a friend asked me to move into his Uncle's house while it was in probate. At the time I, my buddy, his Uncle and the uncle's roommate all worked for Hughes Aircraft. The Uncle and his roommate were Rocket Scientists (yes, really), both died from cancer a week apart. A nice 2 story house in a nice Huntington Beach neighborhood that was filled with paranormal activity. From hearing muffled voices upstairs, lights turning back on after being turned off to the temperature dropping to freezing on the staircase. This went on everyday for the year I lived there. 30 years later moved into a home built in 1941 in the historic part of Kingman, Az. You want paranormal activity? Move to Kingman, that town has more history and ghosts than one could imagine. Same kind of activity, so, yeah I believe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2020, 10:21 AM
 
1,979 posts, read 1,291,315 times
Reputation: 3011
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Yes, people in ancient times speak about ghosts, and as with Jesus they had a word for it, so why would they have even thought about these things if they had not experienced it for themselves.

I don't think ghosts are demonic either, although there are some spirits that are very angry and dark, things unresolved and so they are in a kind of purgatory on Earth. Also there are spirits that come to help people, too. Remember the news story about a car that ran into a lake a few years ago and police happened to be in the area and heard a woman screaming for help, they swam over and found the car but a deceased woman inside, they looked around more and heard a little toddler crying and were able to save the child. There was no way the deceased woman could have screamed for help, she had passed away hours ago, if it were not for the screams the policemen heard, the baby would have perished. The policemen were adamant that they heard screaming.


I do remember the story about the mother yelling for help...
That was eerie, but true??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2020, 11:02 AM
 
14,048 posts, read 20,282,302 times
Reputation: 23622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Short and sweet.
Asking people in this forum if they believe in ghosts is like going to the gun forum and asking them if they believe in the 2nd amendment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top