U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 60 68.97%
No 27 31.03%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 04:40 PM

14,075 posts, read 9,899,818 times

Advertisements

I voted yes because my romantic mind is at play today. When my logical mind is stronger, I tend to rationalize my experiences away.

I want to believe they exist, but like others have mentioned, there are a lot of things in this world that we are only starting to understand.

I've posted some of my experiences before. Most happened many years ago. It's odd because now that I'm older, and know more people who have died, one would think more visitors would appear. Perhaps they had enough of me in this life.

Short and sweet? Not a chance LOL

The house I grew up in was built in 1928. It was about 29 years old when my family bought it. It had three floors, with 2 of the bedrooms being on the top floor. When no one was home, I would hear someone walking heavily upstairs. So much so, that I would call out my siblings names to see if they were upstairs. The first couple of times with no answer I would run up the stairs expecting to catch them, since I though they were just teasing me. There was never anyone up there. The walking was almost like pounding sometimes. It wasn't one or two bumps, but several as if someone was walking from one bedroom to the other.
Never mentioned this to my family. It wasn't until years later after the house was sold and we all lived separate that the story came out, and all of my siblings experienced the same thing. My parents did not, or at least never admitted it.
Of course this story doesn't prove anything, but on the creepy register, it's a 7.

My next experience was as an adult in the 1980's. Living with my then partner in a brand new building Nice apartment, great times. Three things happened there that were just odd.
I would wake up suddenly sometimes after feeling the breath on my ear of someone loud whispering very quickly " DAVID! ". My name is not David. Rational brain says it's a dream, but it happened several times.

Same place. Woke up, felt like I was being watched. Turned and saw a man standing through the closet into the bathroom. Thought is was a burglar. Scared, I shook my partner who saw me nod towards the bathroom. They looked, gasped, and then it was gone. I jumped out of bed, checked the locks etc. Turned on all the lights. No one. I asked my partner what they saw. A man they said, just standing there.

Again same place. Was on the couch chatting with my partner on a nice sunny normal day. My car keys were on a table next to the couch. We both stopped talking when we heard the keys make a noise. Turned to look as they moved across the table. We just looked at each other, and I asked if they saw what I saw. They answered that the keys moved.

Last one. In 1988 I lost someone very close to me. I was there when they died in hospital. When I got home, I lay down on my bed sobbing as quietly as I could. I then felt a hand squeeze my hand. I was so startled I jumped off the bed. It was the same slow squeeze they did just before we fell asleep. That one, is still the one that gives me pause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 04:52 PM

12,807 posts, read 21,477,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Yes. I wont tell my story since I got too many PMs saying I made it up.
Abuse of DM is the same as abuse on the board, except I can’t see it. Going forward, and this is for everyone: if someone sends an abusive DM to you, forward it to the mod of the forum who generated it.

This is supposed to be a discussion forum and attacking via DM is wrong.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:25 PM

3,744 posts, read 2,798,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Abuse of DM is the same as abuse on the board, except I can’t see it. Going forward, and this is for everyone: if someone sends an abusive DM to you, forward it to the mod of the forum who generated it.

This is supposed to be a discussion forum and attacking via DM is wrong.
Meh, doesn't bother me at all. I appreciate the sentiment and I also appreciate the positive reps Ive recently received from a few of you.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:35 PM

7,051 posts, read 4,074,783 times
Some pretty chilling stories....I used to live 100 yards from a cemetery. My apartment felt haunted.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:37 PM

3,996 posts, read 1,562,483 times
Do I believe ghosts? ...No! I've caught too many of them in lies...especially those poltergeists. They're really big liars. Don't trust anything they say.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:46 PM

10,460 posts, read 9,439,903 times
No. It would be silly to believe in something like that.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:15 PM

3,709 posts, read 3,619,772 times
I used to be a spiritualist for years and years and I definitely believe in ghosts/spirits. I think that the human mind can move stuff using emotional energy and so I think the spirits use the energy thats around us to do stuff in our 3D world.

Maybe it is to show us they are there, maybe it is to show us there is another aspect to our lives here on Earth. I have read so many books which tell of NDEs, OOBs, hypnotic regressions, ghosts, etc and I believe it is NOT all current scientific explanations or mind farts.

I saw and felt some strange things when I was a spiritualist. One which I have related somewhere else: 3 good friends and I were sitting around a small table with our hands flat on the top. The table lifted off the floor and rose as high as our arms would allow it. That means ALL our hands were in the air above our head and the table legs were hitting our knees. No human was manipulating that table.

I think there are folks who believe that book authors make up stories to sell their books. However, they believe information from the books THEY want to believe in, such as scientific, historical, economic, political subjects (ie: non-woo subjects).

Do people make stuff up to sell books? Yes, of course they do - sometimes.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:33 PM

7,195 posts, read 3,213,206 times
I will tell one of mine again. probably the 3rd or 4th time I have told this particular one.

I was pregnant with my twins. Very pregnant & living alone in an apartment. It was a Friday or Saturday night & my friend Dena wanted to go out. It wasn't unusual for me to go out & drink ice water just to see people but that night I was feeling strange. Not bad ... just kind of ... pensive. Quiet.

So I told Dena "no", several times & she said I wasn't "sounding like myself" so she would go out alone & check on me later. I just settled in for the night with my TV & couch.

An hour or two later I got up & waddled to the bathroom. Stopped to wash my hands in front of the open door & decided to brush my hair. As I raised my eyes up in the mirror, I froze with my hairbrush on top of my head because I could see in the mirror that there was a tall, dark shadow standing behind me. I spent several seconds just looking at him in the mirror but when I turned around ... he disappeared.

I walked back to my couch & sat down. I wasn't even really scared. Just confused. Stayed like that for about another hour & Dena called me again "Are you SURE you don't wanna come out?"

Yes, I was sure, I told her & as we hung up I realized my phone needed charging & my cord was plugged in by my bed in the bedroom. My bed was a regular mattress in an old waterbed frame. The kind with a mirror in the headboard. As I stretched across the bed to reach my cord ... He appeared again. A tall dark shadow standing behind me in the doorway. Again, we looked at each other in the mirror for a few seconds until I turned around & again; he disappeared.

Again, I walked to my couch & sat down. I was in shock. The air around me felt electric & I sat very, very still.

There was a loud knock at my door & I almost hit the ceiling, lol. It was Dena. I let her in & she followed me down the hallway, past my bedroom & into the living room.. She sits down & gives me this sly smile & whispers "Well, you should have just told me!". I asked "Tell you what?"

"You could have just told me you were going to have company tonight!" I said "I don't" & she said "Christine; I saw that guy in your bedroom"

I started to cry & I said quietly ... "There has been a man in my mirrors here all night but I don't know who he is".

I am telling you; Dena freaked out. She RAN into my room & tore up my closets looking for him. He never appeared again.

About a week later I took myself out to eat alone at a Diner across the street. I was starving (eating for 3!) & ordered a huge meal. There were only two other customers in the diner; both at the counter. I was the only customer sitting at a booth. When I was done I asked the waitress for the check & she winked at me & said "Oh honey, it's taken care of". I was confused but she said the person wanted to remain anonymous. She gazed around the room & said "Huh, that's weird. I could have sworn he was here just a second ago".

Old 05-12-2020, 09:46 PM

18,559 posts, read 13,923,072 times
Ok, coschristi --weirdest story ever. You win the prize.
In Manitou? Tell me more, then - the diner, the street the house was on...
Don't tell me near the Post Office.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:51 PM

18,559 posts, read 13,923,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Maybe it is to show us they are there,....
Oh, do they ever wanna get our attention.
And can they ever move things! ---Like 4 am in the bedroom on a wood floor spinning a quarter!
Oh yeah. Fact.

My uncle, my buddy - just fills the room or area with seagull, beach, ocean smells before he infuses
my mind with some insight extraordinaire...or just to say hi, dropping in.
Sorry if I'm repeating myself, can't rem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal