Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 116 69.46%
No 51 30.54%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 12:57 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ok, coschristi --weirdest story ever. You win the prize.
In Manitou? Tell me more, then - the diner, the street the house was on...
Don't tell me near the Post Office.

I was living in the apartment complex at North Academy & Austin Bluffs. The complex right behind Harmony Bowl.

The restaurant was the Gunther Toody's on Academy. Fun times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 12:59 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
2 Scoops office story made me remember one that happened where I worked.

I worked for a large company that had it's own office tower, with a large cafeteria that seated around 400 or more. The entrance to the cafeteria was a wide space with one side being a kitchen that served freshly cooked meals, the other side did made to order sandwiches etc. There were also 2 vending machines near the entrance.

Sometimes a couple of us would work a weekend when the building was empty except for a couple of security guards. One weekend, myself and another co-worker were working away when she decided she was heading down to the vending machine to get a juice. The cafeteria was a few floors down. She came back moments later freaked. She said she heard voices coming from the sandwich side of the kitchen, but there was no one there.

So brave me, putting on the bravado, said I'll check it out. She was right. I stood right at the counter and heard the sound of people chatting with the sound of sandwiches being prepared. It wasn't loud, and thought maybe it was an echo coming from the other side ( of the cafeteria, not the after-life ) so I called out, and no one responded. That's when I got the chills and left.

Later I tried to explain it away as perhaps ice-machines making noise etc, but I know it wasn't that.
A chilling story! I think that maybe it is sounds from another time, I forgot the technical term, I will research it, but has to do with a time slip or else also the spirits of people that used to work there and remain in their familiar territory even after passing on - the workplace.

Old 05-13-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ok, coschristi --weirdest story ever. You win the prize.
In Manitou? Tell me more, then - the diner, the street the house was on...
Don't tell me near the Post Office.
And I LOVE Manitou! I'm there a few times a week to walk around. Every non believer should come hang out in Manitou; that'd show em!

Now I'm curious... The Post Office on the west side? 26th, I think?

Old 05-13-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Coschristi, nice to run into you here on this board! I was thinking maybe the dark male shadow is someone that is watching over you from the other side, a male relative or friend that had passed on. They say that pregnant woman have very strong energy because of the extra life (in your case two lives!) they are carrying. I really enjoyed your story.
Oh yes, I love this forum section!

I have always felt like this shadow was masculine & almost benevolent & this reminds me of something else bizarre about my pregnancy with the girls ...

I needed a scheduled c-section and it was set for September 14th, 2001.

On 9-11 I was awake and incredibly uncomfortable until about 4 am. I fell asleep listening to a Tonight Show rerun, where Leno was making fun of the failed first terrorist attack (1993 I think).

I woke up a few hours later in time to see the second plane impacting the World Trade Center. Completely befuddled me. How on earth could it have been a coincidence that the tv station chose to play that rerun just 5 hours before the current terrorist attack occurred?

I was so stressed out that I started having contractions. Spent the entire day laying down with my curtains closed & drinking water to hold off going in to active labor. I managed to accomplish this but spent the whole day with these contractions. The babies were almost demanding to be born.

Three years later I was driving past a Fire Department station with the twins in the car when suddenly the garage doors went up & two fire trucks came out with lights & sirens blazing. Traffic stopped to let them through & my girls became animated with the chaos.

Little Michaela said "Mommy, I died in a fire!" I told her no, she wasn't going to die in the fire but she launched into this story about how she died in a fire before I was her mommy. How she was wearing her new pink dress that day & she was up high in a building & someone told her to jump but she was too scared, so her new dress caught on fire ... & she died.

Then Maddie starts in "Me too! I died in the fire but not in the building... I was on the plane"

Omg. They are 18 now & their memories are fading but on the 9-11 anniversary in 2016, Michaela drew a picture of a young woman with brown hair, wearing a pink dress & said "This was me but I can't remember my name ".

Old 05-13-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

I have always felt like this shadow was masculine & almost benevolent & this reminds me of something else bizarre about my pregnancy with the girls ...

On 9-11 I was awake and incredibly uncomfortable until about 4 am. I fell asleep listening to a Tonight Show rerun, where Leno was making fun of the failed first terrorist attack (1993 I think).

I woke up a few hours later in time to see the second plane impacting the World Trade Center. Completely befuddled me. How on earth could it have been a coincidence that the tv station chose to play that rerun just 5 hours before the current terrorist attack occurred?

I was so stressed out that I started having contractions. Spent the entire day laying down with my curtains closed & drinking water to hold off going in to active labor. I managed to accomplish this but spent the whole day with these contractions. The babies were almost demanding to be born.

Three years later I was driving past a Fire Department station with the twins in the car when suddenly the garage doors went up & two fire trucks came out with lights & sirens blazing. Traffic stopped to let them through & my girls became animated with the chaos.

Little Michaela said "Mommy, I died in a fire!" I told her no, she wasn't going to die in the fire but she launched into this story about how she died in a fire before I was her mommy. How she was wearing her new pink dress that day & she was up high in a building & someone told her to jump but she was too scared, so her new dress caught on fire ... & she died.

Then Maddie starts in "Me too! I died in the fire but not in the building... I was on the plane"

Omg. They are 18 now & their memories are fading but on the 9-11 anniversary in 2016, Michaela drew a picture of a young woman with brown hair, wearing a pink dress & said "This was me but I can't remember my name ".

As I was reading your post, I literally felt goose bumps and a shiver go through me especially when you said Michaela told you that before you were her mom, she had died in a fire and Maddie also saying she was in a fire, but on a plane. I have heard of the experiences of children and past lives, in fact, there are many accounts that defy logic and there is no way of explaining things. Children can remember past lives, maybe because their minds aren't cluttered like ours are. They can recall places they've never been to and also people that they have never met. There is no way they would know these things, just no way to explain it away. As they get older, children can't remember as many details as they used to, but they know that they were in another existence. There are a lot of books about reincarnation and children. The timing of 9/11 also and how you almost went into labor, it's like the twins wanted to be born already, good you were able to use mind over body strength to prevent that. My mother always said that people pass away and new ones take their place, like in a hospital someone dies and a baby is born. We carry the shell of our physical bodies throughout our lives but it's just a shell, the soul goes on, I believe that.

Old 05-13-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:

Must have just rep you recently because the system wouldn't let me do it now.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:18 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
I forgot about this one..(this happened when I was in 7th or 8th grade).

We lived in a bi level house and since I was becoming a teenager, parents let me have the whole downstairs as my own room, there was a bedroom, full bath and then one large 'family room' type area, the flooring was that cheap vinyl tile you see in most retail and grocery stores, there was a pool table in the center of this room, but no one ever used it.

Almost every single night, I would get woken up to the sound of pool balls being slammed onto the vinyl flooring, It was really annoying, because it would go on for a long time and I was trying to sleep. One night, I stood right on the inside of my bedroom door when the noises started, I stayed there for a couple minutes, as soon as I heard another round of balls hitting the floor, I swung open the door...NOTHING there, needless to say, all the balls were in the slot where they had been sitting since the last time anyone played, not a single one was on the floor. It wasnt long before we moved from that house thankfully.

I told my parents about it many times, but they didnt pay any attention to it.

I do remember hearing at school, the area where that street was, used to be indian territory.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
As I was reading your post, I literally felt goose bumps and a shiver go through me especially when you said Michaela told you that before you were her mom, she had died in a fire and Maddie also saying she was in a fire, but on a plane. I have heard of the experiences of children and past lives, in fact, there are many accounts that defy logic and there is no way of explaining things. Children can remember past lives, maybe because their minds aren't cluttered like ours are. They can recall places they've never been to and also people that they have never met. There is no way they would know these things, just no way to explain it away. As they get older, children can't remember as many details as they used to, but they know that they were in another existence. There are a lot of books about reincarnation and children. The timing of 9/11 also and how you almost went into labor, it's like the twins wanted to be born already, good you were able to use mind over body strength to prevent that. My mother always said that people pass away and new ones take their place, like in a hospital someone dies and a baby is born. We carry the shell of our physical bodies throughout our lives but it's just a shell, the soul goes on, I believe that.
Yes, when I saw my OBGYN on the 14th, before I was taken into surgery, he said "So, are we ready to do this?"

And I was like "Ready? I almost had to call you 3 days ago! Maybe it was just stress but I had contractions all day long; I didn't think I would even make it until today!"

He told me that was weird because every single patient of his that was in her 3rd trimester went into false labor on 9-11. He said "you were literally the only one who didn't call me ".

Old 05-13-2020, 05:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
And I LOVE Manitou! I'm there a few times a week to walk around. Every non believer should come hang out in Manitou; that'd show em!
Now I'm curious... The Post Office on the west side? 26th, I think?
Thanks.
Nope, the Manitou PO. Some very old houses back in there.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:58 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
These 9/11 reports should be documented somewhere otherwise they will get lost in the body of this thread. It is important information which shows there are many coincidences and signs if we know where and how to look for them. Ancient peoples knew these things as they were closer to the Earth and noticed when things changed or were out of the ordinary. Maybe this is how 'old wives tales' start !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal