Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 117 69.64%
No 51 30.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 07:18 PM

2,538 posts, read 2,097,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I heard a similar story. A couple was driving a deserted winding mountain road late at night and saw a naked woman by the side of the road. They were freaked out but didn't stop, fearing a trap of some kind. They stopped as soon as possible and called police. They went back to the same area, no woman. One of the cops couldn't get it out of his mind, went back looking around, way down a ravine off the side of the road was a car, not visible from the road. Strapped in was a woman driver, died on impact, and a small child, still alive, in a car seat.

Whoa...really similar to the other story.
Loving mothers, and their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 07:21 PM

2,538 posts, read 2,097,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Highway 152 here in California is very haunted.

A guy named David Allee wrote a book about how a ghost sat in the backseat of his vehicle and terrorized him.

Really? Im quite familiar w/hwy 152 here in Cali. I've never heard that before..
I know it's heavily travelled tho...

Old 05-13-2020, 08:44 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,193,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Yes, when I saw my OBGYN on the 14th, before I was taken into surgery, he said "So, are we ready to do this?"

And I was like "Ready? I almost had to call you 3 days ago! Maybe it was just stress but I had contractions all day long; I didn't think I would even make it until today!"

He told me that was weird because every single patient of his that was in her 3rd trimester went into false labor on 9-11. He said "you were literally the only one who didn't call me ".
We could probably say it was due to stress, anxiety with what happened on that day, but you have to wonder also what else could have been the reason that all these mothers in their 3rd trimester went into false labor. The third trimester is when babies are on the last leg of their journey before being born. On 9/11, many lives were lost, it makes you think.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:12 PM

12,926 posts, read 9,733,790 times
So here's a few of mine, some I'm kind of uncertain, maybe it was fatigue mixed with booze, living alone, the willingness to believe leads to manifestation? Here we go.

1. In college, asleep in my apartment, I wake up and Idk what it is, but I can just feel a presence. I take a peek and it's a male that looks like the redhead from the children of the corn. I actually through my pillow at it and it disappeared. I stayed under the covers and managed to fall asleep. Never happened again.

2. A couple of times, I would feel something settle on my bed while I was under the covers. I would pinch myself to make sure I was awake. I was.

3. After my grampa died, we had a Christmas party at my restaurant. An employee took a picture of a staff member and my parents and there was an orb floating around. The picture taker even took an extra picture to be sure. After that, weird things happened. Waiter saying someone pulled his shirt. Things dropping when they shouldn't, things floating when they shouldn't. Waitresses running out of the storage room saying they got really spooked. Doors being blocked in.

4. In my apartment next to the cemetary, my shampoo bottle was found on my closet shelf. Now, did I see an entity put it there, could the maintenance man be playing a trick on me? Possible.

5. Same apartment, my guitar strummed all by it's lonesome.

6. Not sure if this was a ghost, but found mardi gras beads on my water tank in a different apartment. Just weird.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:53 PM

15,953 posts, read 12,373,312 times
Affirmative. Nice stories op. Have some rep.

I had a dream that I was in the grocery store with my recently deceased grandma and she tripped and fell over. I was panicking trying to get her up when she stood right up and started laughing, and was pranking me. I found that odd considering she hasn't had normal mobility in 30 years because she got spinal meningitis. Not a ghost story but maybe a sign from the other side...

Old 05-13-2020, 10:12 PM

12,926 posts, read 9,733,790 times
Also, a few people that have told me about ghostly experiences were the types that were too grounded to tell me a story just to fock with me.

Old 05-14-2020, 03:25 AM

15,953 posts, read 12,373,312 times
My other grandma on my moms side had a near death experience from an allergic reaction to something she was given in a hospital when she was in her 20's and hasn't feared death since. She was met by a being that said it wasn't her time yet...she needed to raise her 3 kids (she was a single mother and the father was long gone) .... A consequence of her not fearing death is that she's had a 1-3 pack a day cigarette habit her whole life. Now in her middle 80's some 60 years later she is still alive.

She was an atheist when she had her NDE. Needless to say it came as a surprise.

Old 05-14-2020, 06:55 AM

31 posts, read 24,875 times
Have had quite a few experiences over the years.

The house I grew up in had a friendly little redhead that was most often seen in my older sisters bedroom. I didn't realize it til many years later that I had seen her as well after telling stories at a family gathering. People that lived in the home after we moved out in the mid-80's had also seen her, including some relatives who rented the house from my parents before they sold it. We visited the area a few years back, house was up for sale, so my sisters stopped to ask the sellers if they would mind letting them view the home, as they had grown up there. Yes, they had seen the little girl as well. Actually, that room was the only room to have not been updated, like, at all, still had the same wood paneling on the walls, like people were afraid to mess with the room all this time. We always wondered the back story behind this little girl, couldn't find anything.

Another time in my teens we had lived in an old country farm house. There was one room no one felt comfortable in. I had the unfortunate experience of trying to sleep in that room one night and was too terrified to move, yelling for my sisters to come get me, who wouldn't (the meanies) when I felt something grab my leg. I don't think I touched the ground before I was in my sisters room, slept on the floor that night, 3 teens piled into the tiny room preferring to sleep there until we moved months later rather than sleeping in the bigger creepy room.

This last one is hard for me to explain. It will be long, sorry.

Four years ago I was living out of my van but was housesitting for my daughter until her house sold. Trying to sleep one night in the spare room kept feeling the bed like vibrating the spot where my hand was. It annoyed me so I just rolled over to try to sleep, the feeling just followed. Wherever I tried to move on the bed it followed. Annoyed me so much decided to just move to my daughters bed. Followed there, too. Then came the bed jolting, like someone was knocking the bed from the end trying to get my attention, no one was there. Yelled for it to stop, was just wanting to go to sleep. Would not. Freaked me out, so I loaded up my dog and went to sleep in my van in the driveway. That vibration/electric feeling followed me out there, just moved different places wherever I was laying. In utter exhaustion I fell asleep. No feeling when I woke up. Called my daughter the next day and asked if she experienced anything like that. No. Decided to keep sleeping in van, just felt more safe in smaller space I guess.

Many following nights that feeling showed up. That electric/vibrating feeling started feeling what could be described as like a hand that would move to caress me, like rub my back, arm, my forehead, sometimes felt like someone was spooning me while trying to fall asleep. Decided to go with it not being harmful and accept it. Also, before this feeling showed up, while in the van, my fan noise had an odd sound like music was playing. I could almost maybe pick up a tune, like it was familiar, but could not name it. In my mind this thing that showed up was there to comfort me. See, I was in a pretty bad place in my life. My husband had died to cancer almost 4 years before, and to me this was him, there to comfort me. When I really needed it. Things were not going well, I was drinking a lot, pretty crap point in my life. So I just started to accept that this was him, there to comfort, decided to talk and get feelings out. Would talk for hours some nights. This went on for a bit while parked in my daughters driveway. Some nights it'd be there, some nights not.

A few weeks later my daughters house was selling so I went to stay in my parents driveway. They had a camper, and as it was getting warmer months and had AC, I was sleeping in there. That feeling followed me there. Some nights there, some nights not. About a month later I moved in to my own place. It followed me there, but only for a few nights. Things were somewhat picking up in my life at that time. Have not felt it since. This really saddens me.

I don't know if it was my mind playing tricks on me or what. It was in 4 different locations. After the initial scare, it was more comfort than anything. I was allowed to get feelings out. Felt better. Was more at peace. And then it was gone. Maybe my mind needed it and that is what was manifested. Or maybe late husband did come to comfort me when I needed it most. I just know that it happened, on many occasions, and in different locations. I don't know how else to explain it.

Well there's my stories. Do they exist? I'd like to think so.

Old 05-14-2020, 11:22 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,011,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Its in another ghost thread.
Copy and paste? Link?

--

Old 05-14-2020, 11:24 AM

11,175 posts, read 6,764,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I voted "Yes", however, I do NOT think they are "dead humans". Demonic, Angelic, time slips, place memories, delusion, etc and the like.

Of course, IF the "ghost" is responsive, that would lean me towards the Demonic or Angelic side.
This is what I believe...as a believer, lol.

Many of my relatives are/were missionaries and the spirit world is alive and active in much of the world. Maybe they occasionally manifest as dead humans, how can we know?

In modern societies they seem to operate mostly behind the scenes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal