Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 117 69.64%
No 51 30.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 01:50 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,299,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Really? Im quite familiar w/hwy 152 here in Cali. I've never heard that before..
I know it's heavily travelled tho...

Yes, 152 is real spooky and is documented as the deadliest in the state. I've driven all over California and nothing compares to that highway as far as the creep factor. Though not everybody experiences stuff, too many have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 01:57 PM

12,926 posts, read 9,733,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Yes, 152 is real spooky and is documented as the deadliest in the state. I've driven all over California and nothing compares to that highway as far as the creep factor. Though not everybody experiences stuff, too many have.
Nothing spookier than a long lonely trip through Texas.

Old 05-14-2020, 11:39 PM

1,985 posts, read 716,384 times
Anyone hear of the Haunted Elsa Doll story earlier this year? A woman claims the doll would sometimes sing in Spanish which wasn't a feature. I think she threw the doll out twice and it would return.

I wonder if it's still in Minnesota - where she had it shipped. No return address.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/15/family...y-wont-let-go/

Old 05-16-2020, 01:42 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,687,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
Anyone hear of the Haunted Elsa Doll story earlier this year? A woman claims the doll would sometimes sing in Spanish which wasn't a feature. I think she threw the doll out twice and it would return.

I wonder if it's still in Minnesota - where she had it shipped. No return address.

One of the most frightful movies I saw as a child, was a movie about a doll that came to life and was evil. I can't remember the name, but as a kid in the 60's, it looked like an early 1950's movie.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:33 AM

15,654 posts, read 26,375,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
One of the most frightful movies I saw as a child, was a movie about a doll that came to life and was evil. I can't remember the name, but as a kid in the 60's, it looked like an early 1950's movie.
There was a twilight zone episode about that.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:23 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,980,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
There was a twilight zone episode about that.
Also Mr. Marbles in the Chicken Roaster episode on Seinfeld.

https://seinfeld.fandom.com/wiki/Mr._Marbles

Old 05-16-2020, 07:55 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,193,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post

Maybe the person/worker that made the doll was going through stuff and their energy transferred onto the doll. I was thinking it was a Victorian type doll but it is the Elsa doll of Frozen fame, so it is a fairly recent doll. Those Victorian dolls are so beautiful but so freaky at the same time, it is the eyes, I think. I don't understand how little kids display their dolls in their bedroom and then go to sleep with those very same doll eyes staring out. I did the same, but now as an adult, I wouldn't want a doll in my room.

Old 05-17-2020, 05:34 PM

7,051 posts, read 6,970,968 times
I wonder what goes on to make people afraid of dolls? Thoughts and opinions like that are perhaps caused by an emotional or scare event which makes a negative impact. Similar to fear of clowns but I can see the scary looking side of clowns but not of dolls.

After all, dolls are supposed to be 'babies' to little girls aren't they? Kids have seen their mom 'playing' with their brother/sister and want one of their own to 'play' with, dress, etc. Thats normally a good experience so what makes it a 'bad' experience?

Old 05-17-2020, 06:31 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,690,503 times
I have always been comforted around cemeteries. I have lived by several through the years.
When I was very young, 2 or 3 yrs old perhaps, my constant dream was of being in a funeral procession. Or at least, I was an observer. A constant observer. On a dark stormy day, a horse pulling a funeral wagon.....followed by many people. Slowly walking through the dark and rain, up around the hill, the road was mud. The barbed wire fence to the left.
I still remember it vividly, 55 yrs later.

Old 05-17-2020, 06:39 PM

102,392 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think some religious beliefs are too black & white in nature. Heaven/Hell, angelic/demons, etc.

From what I have read, it seems souls/spirits can incarnate into anyplace they like according to whatever they need to learn. There are millions apon millions of different places to incarnate across the universe - each with different conditions and physicality. So, it is perfectly possibly to be non-human and still be a reasonable spirit. This means that the "non-human" label is misleading as it suggests a being is negative rather than positive. (again too black/white - what about grey?)

If you believe in hypnosis, the books from Dr Michael Newton are interesting as they relate what it is like after and before death.

from Amazon

If you want to do-it-yourself, you and a couple of friends can try the Christos Experiment I have related/linked in other threads in this forum. Not sure how safe you will think it is, but it does not appear to be "opening up portals" or "exposing us to demons" but hey...I might just be the devil in disguise mightn't I?
I've tried this, but I don't hypnotize easily, so I couldn't get into enough of an altered state of consciousness for this type of experience to take place. It really isn't all that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal