Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 11:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,535,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Oh well, that doesn't bother me one bit, so be it!

I don't fear death, if I die today, fine, I think I've lived a pretty good and fulling life so far, if I die in 50+ years from now, fine as well.

I'm sure there's plenty of people that have your same views about death and there's probably plenty of people that share my same views about death as well, that's what makes life so interesting. We are all truly different and can think, believe and fear, what we want to.
I truly wish I had your feelings about death!

I do take some comfort in the fact that, more than likely, we are all probably way off about what really happens after death...what are the chances any human prediction is correct about the afterlife?!! SLIM!

In all likelihood, its probably something none of us could even comprehend or describe...and even if someone came back and tried to explain it, it probably wouldnt make any sense to a living person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 02:09 PM

1,417 posts, read 731,083 times
The reason is simple.

In my entire lifetime, having grown up in the world of woo, and still having ties to it, I have not witnessed anything that made me believe spirits exist except as manifestations in the mind of the observer.

Old 06-14-2020, 10:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,311,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
The reason is simple.

In my entire lifetime, having grown up in the world of woo, and still having ties to it, I have not witnessed anything that made me believe spirits exist except as manifestations in the mind of the observer.
Thank you for answering. I do believe seeing is believing. (I have, so I do. Plus, I trust
the people that I have spoken with.)

Old 06-14-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I truly wish I had your feelings about death!
I've prob said this to you before, sorry --but I had a friend that was very scared about death.
I simply said read Ruth Montgomery's, "A World Beyond"....she still thanks me.
Now, there would be a 5 more I'd add to the list.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Can you remember anything you thought before you were born? I know that some claim to be reincarnated; but even that could be from some form of genetic memory that we do not truly understand? For most of us I presume we will go back to the void from where we came.
Um...yeah. And lemme tellya - 'it blows you away'...first time I was given...well, I'm not going to go into detail ...
but in 1976 - I paced and was stunned for 2 solid hours. Whoa.
Now I can be typing here or doing the dishes and suddenly get an entire vision of a past life scene...
mostly involving someone in
a different situation from this life...telling me who they were to me then..explaining TONS!
But, I'm a weirdo - like mediums and psychics and empaths are weirdos...

Old 06-14-2020, 10:15 PM

8,509 posts, read 10,927,408 times
I have had many experiences dealing with spirits, so I know for sure they exist.
Many of these incidents I have posted on here over the years.
I think the reason many do not believe in spirits is because they don't feel they have had any experience with spirits.
Many don't even know they experienced spirit actions, because they are not attuned to know when these things happen.
Spirit behavior has been happening since time began, but for the majority of people, if they don't experience it, or actually see it, it doesn't exist.
I am here to tell you, because of my own experiences, it does.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have had many experiences dealing with spirits, so I know for sure they exist.
Many of these incidents I have posted on here over the years.
I think the reason many do not believe in spirits is because they don't feel they have had any experience with spirits.
Many don't even know they experienced spirit actions, because they are not attuned to know when these things happen.
Spirit behavior has been happening since time began, but for the majority of people, if they don't experience it, or actually see it, it doesn't exist.
I am here to tell you, because of my own experiences, it does.
Fiction has not helped either, in this regard, when it comes to 'spirit activity', many people expect an experience, like they are depicted in movies.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:38 AM

6,415 posts, read 1,414,659 times
I believe in spirits for sure, evil and good spirits like angels exist, no doubt.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:50 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,054,525 times
If Houdini couldn't come back, nobody can.

I've said this here before: if we concede that H. sapiens has a "soul" capable of manifesting itself after death somehow to the living (a "ghost"), then we have to ask if H. neandertal or erectus or habilis did? If they did (yet nobody has ever seen their ghosts), how about Australopithecus afarensis? How far back in evolution are we going to claim individuals have spirits? Plants? Bacteria?....

...You either have to say all species have spirits, or none of them do. Any other line of differentiation would be purely imaginary and arbitrary.

If we say all living forms have souls, why doesn't anybody ever see a peony or E.coli ghost?

Humans are programmed to see three marks as two eyes and a mouth and certain other nebulous optical illusions in the proper setting as ghosts.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:54 PM

189 posts, read 178,094 times
I can honestly say that I have NEVER in 54 years of life seen, felt or experienced anything that makes me believe there is any form of spirits or afterlife. When you are dead and gone....that's it.....nothing.....no afterlife....no reincarnation...no heaven....just nothing....forever! Enjoy the time you have alive....it's all you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal