U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-15-2020, 05:34 PM
 
8,822 posts, read 2,449,046 times
Reputation: 5719

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
No, no no, I disagree. Science actually validates spirit.

Please explain your thought process on this statement. Because scientists in general do not believe in this sort of thing and if science validates spirits then they would.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2020, 05:39 PM
 
17,104 posts, read 4,647,974 times
Reputation: 10732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Aw, if you read a lot of NDEs there is a pervasive thread that we are not judged..
but rather understood and smiled at when in our Life Review) we did something full of love.
(One guy his whole life only did ONE loving thing!~ Hahahaha) It's as if you are surrounded by friends.
That is not what one of my friends experienced years ago, when he died for 7 min...


I was there in the hospital room when he was revived,( I had known this guy since high school), he was in a state of shock and frightened, the first words he spoke was to ask for a bible, (and this is a guy who partied all the time, drinking and drugging, all kinds of crazy immoral behavior).


There was about 5 of us in the room at the time, and we thought he was joking about the bible, (thats how Jason was). he started telling us what he had experienced, the doctor had already left the room, but there were 2 nurses in there and they heard his story, they told him this happens to many people, they told him he needs to 're evaluate' his life.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2020, 05:42 PM
 
Location: It's in the name!
6,305 posts, read 7,478,718 times
Reputation: 2891
It is just as hard to disprove spirits than it is to prove them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2020, 05:45 PM
 
6,732 posts, read 4,126,646 times
Reputation: 8643
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is not what one of my friends experienced years ago, when he died for 7 min...

I was there in the hospital room when he was revived,( I had known this guy since high school), he was in a state of shock and frightened, the first words he spoke was to ask for a bible, (and this is a guy who partied all the time, drinking and drugging, all kinds of crazy immoral behavior).


There was about 5 of us in the room at the time, and we thought he was joking about the bible, (thats how Jason was). he started telling us what he had experienced, the doctor had already left the room, but there were 2 nurses in there and they heard his story, they told him this happens to many people, they told him he needs to 're evaluate' his life.
Well, I don't want to get into semantics, but I guess there is probably a few definitions of "dead", since I'm pretty sure nobody who's been "dead dead" has ever come back!

While he might not of had a heart beat, was he ever shown to be "clinically brain dead" for these 7 minutes, because there still could of been some chemical reactions going on in his brain during these 7 mins while he was so-called "dead", which could easily explain what he thought he saw or didn't see and why he asked for a bible?

Last edited by cjseliga; 05-15-2020 at 05:56 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2020, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Honolulu
1,418 posts, read 1,725,479 times
Reputation: 3548
Because there is no evidence that they exist.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2020, 05:56 PM
 
17,104 posts, read 4,647,974 times
Reputation: 10732
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Well, I don't want to get into semantics, but I guess there is probably a few definitions of "dead", since I'm pretty sure nobody who's been "dead dead" has ever come back!

While he might not of had a heart beat, was he ever shown to be "clinically brain dead" for these 7 minutes, because there still could of been some chemical reactions going on during these 7 mins he was so-called "dead"?
According to the doctor, he was clinically dead for 7 minutes.


I know for a fact, 'something' happened to him during this 7 minutes, because the person that was revived, was NOT the Jason I had known, in that moment, he immediately recognized all the things he was doing wrong, everyone was shocked at how he changed his life around, he went to church almost every single day after that.


I just think its weird, he was that kind of person and when he had his 'NDE'...it totally changed him! If it was just brain cells firing off randomly, why didnt he have an NDE filled with hot naked girls, lots of beer drugs, etc.? (those are the things he enjoyed beforehand).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2020, 06:04 PM
 
6,732 posts, read 4,126,646 times
Reputation: 8643
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
According to the doctor, he was clinically dead for 7 minutes.

I know for a fact, 'something' happened to him during this 7 minutes, because the person that was revived, was NOT the Jason I had known, in that moment, he immediately recognized all the things he was doing wrong, everyone was shocked at how he changed his life around, he went to church almost every single day after that.

I just think its weird, he was that kind of person and when he had his 'NDE'...it totally changed him! If it was just brain cells firing off randomly, why didnt he have an NDE filled with hot naked girls, lots of beer drugs, etc.? (those are the things he enjoyed beforehand).
So "clinically dead" just means cessation of blood circulation and breathing, that doesn't mean his brain wasn't still firing chemical reactions around which would have caused him to believe he experienced something that wasn't really there, like an afterlife or seeing a "devil" or a "god".

Like has been mentioned numerous times on here, especially with regards to NDE, the brain is a powerful and amazing thing and being in neuroscience myself, we don't fully understand the brain and we might never fully understand it's capabilities over the next 1,000 years and beyond that, it's that complex!

Last edited by cjseliga; 05-15-2020 at 06:15 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2020, 09:47 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,727 posts, read 3,624,462 times
Reputation: 3456
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga
So "clinically dead" just means cessation of blood circulation and breathing, that doesn't mean his brain wasn't still firing chemical reactions around which would have caused him to believe he experienced something that wasn't really there, like an afterlife or seeing a "devil" or a "god".

Like has been mentioned numerous times on here, especially with regards to NDE, the brain is a powerful and amazing thing and being in neuroscience myself, we don't fully understand the brain and we might never fully understand it's capabilities over the next 1,000 years and beyond that, it's that complex!
You have to look at this and realise that these are beliefs the same as the 'NDEers' and you are only arguing for your 'religion' which is neuroscience. The arguments for and against beliefs are the same whatever 'side' you are on.

Maybe we are discussing consciousness and the non-physical aspects of the human brain. If we are, then Charles Tart and Puthoff were fairly knowledgable on this when they investigated Remote Viewing in the 70's. There is quite a bit of science in their research and investigations which all led to the military developing the RV program for over 25 years.

Maybe we can look at their research to find out if it brings us any closer to the idea that ghosts exist.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2020, 09:59 PM
 
17,104 posts, read 4,647,974 times
Reputation: 10732
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
So "clinically dead" just means cessation of blood circulation and breathing, that doesn't mean his brain wasn't still firing chemical reactions around which would have caused him to believe he experienced something that wasn't really there, like an afterlife or seeing a "devil" or a "god".

Like has been mentioned numerous times on here, especially with regards to NDE, the brain is a powerful and amazing thing and being in neuroscience myself, we don't fully understand the brain and we might never fully understand it's capabilities over the next 1,000 years and beyond that, it's that complex!
Exactly right!!


So, why would such a person have such a 'religious' experience like this then?!!! LOL It doesnt make any sense, like I said before, this guys idea of heaven would have been girls gone wild in his living room with all the booze and drugs he could handle!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2020, 12:51 AM
 
Location: Tucson Arizona
4,899 posts, read 2,223,852 times
Reputation: 12837
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Exactly right!!


So, why would such a person have such a 'religious' experience like this then?!!! LOL It doesnt make any sense, like I said before, this guys idea of heaven would have been girls gone wild in his living room with all the booze and drugs he could handle!
I've read that after 5 minutes without oxygen, you have brain damage.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top