U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 05:21 PM

16,386 posts, read 13,161,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
99% of the class A reports Ive seen, weather is reported as good or decent, which makes sense, why would a person be out hiking or hunting in bad weather or at night.

The only reports that Ive seen that come from night time, are those where the person sees it from their car, such as standing beside the road, running out in front of their car, standing or lying the road.
If they stood or were lying in the road would you not think that we would have a body?

It is very easy to make a mistake with our observations. Last night I was in my bathroom taking a shower and I looked in one of my foggy mirrors as I got out the tub. It looked like somebody standing in my doorway. It took a minute for me to figure out what I was looking at. I had tossed a large tee shirt over a cabinet on my counter when I went in for my shower. It hung down and a hamper side looked like the legs.

Many times our observations are all based on our location and perspective of what we are looking at. If there was another way to leave my bathroom, without passing by my tee shirt, I might have been able to report an intruder. But I am too curious when I see things I don't believe should be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 03:29 AM

2,933 posts, read 2,649,133 times
Have to wonder how many photos bigfoot and his kin have of Humans walking in the woods!

Old 05-25-2020, 09:11 AM

17,104 posts, read 4,653,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
What do you mean by Class A, B and C?
The BFRO (Bigfoot research Organization), uses this on their website to differentiate the 3 types of reports, Class A reports are those where an up close unobstructed view of the creature is seen, Class B are the type when the view is not so good, or view is partially obstructed, but behavior is still that of a bigfoot and the witness sees a large hominid shape, too large to be a human, Class C reports are those where no creature is seen, but wood knocks, or whooping, other primate type sounds are heard in the area.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If they stood or were lying in the road would you not think that we would have a body?

It is very easy to make a mistake with our observations. Last night I was in my bathroom taking a shower and I looked in one of my foggy mirrors as I got out the tub. It looked like somebody standing in my doorway. It took a minute for me to figure out what I was looking at. I had tossed a large tee shirt over a cabinet on my counter when I went in for my shower. It hung down and a hamper side looked like the legs.

Many times our observations are all based on our location and perspective of what we are looking at. If there was another way to leave my bathroom, without passing by my tee shirt, I might have been able to report an intruder. But I am too curious when I see things I don't believe should be there.
The reports Ive read that claim they were lying in the road, the witness stops the car to investigate, as its lying, facing away from the oncoming car, as soon as the person exits the car, the sasquatch gets up and walks off or it tries to intimidate the person. (there are not many reports like this, but generally, those that do exist are very similar in details).

I understand what you mean about seeing 'shapes' that kind of look like a person, it can be frightening sometimes! Ive had it happen a few times over the years...this is why I only read reports where clear views are seen and the witness is positive its a living breathing hominid and its much too large to be a human.

If I start reading a report, and comments like this start showing up..."I could barely see the creature, it was 80 yards away, but it looked extremely large, or I saw a large creature moving thru thick brush on 2 feet, but could not get a clear view, OR I just saw a large hairy shape...I dont even bother reading the remainder of the report...basically, Im ONLY looking for sightings that are close, unobstructed view and preferably daytime, I also look at the witness, are they a life long hunter, hiker, outdoorsman, are they familiar with the woods and animals...these are the types of reports I prefer to read.

Too many of the Class B and C reports could be ANYTHING, heck wood knocks, could be another person out there, upon hearing a wood knock, they grab a stick and do the same to reply, or people hearing what they consider to be primate sounds...many animals can make very strange sounding noises depending on what they are doing, Im sure this sounds strange to many people.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
The reports Ive read that claim they were lying in the road, the witness stops the car to investigate, as its lying, facing away from the oncoming car, as soon as the person exits the car, the sasquatch gets up and walks off or it tries to intimidate the person. (there are not many reports like this, but generally, those that do exist are very similar in details).

I understand what you mean about seeing 'shapes' that kind of look like a person, it can be frightening sometimes! Ive had it happen a few times over the years...this is why I only read reports where clear views are seen and the witness is positive its a living breathing hominid and its much too large to be a human.

If I start reading a report, and comments like this start showing up..."I could barely see the creature, it was 80 yards away, but it looked extremely large, or I saw a large creature moving thru thick brush on 2 feet, but could not get a clear view, OR I just saw a large hairy shape...I dont even bother reading the remainder of the report...basically, Im ONLY looking for sightings that are close, unobstructed view and preferably daytime, I also look at the witness, are they a life long hunter, hiker, outdoorsman, are they familiar with the woods and animals...these are the types of reports I prefer to read.

Too many of the Class B and C reports could be ANYTHING, heck wood knocks, could be another person out there, upon hearing a wood knock, they grab a stick and do the same to reply, or people hearing what they consider to be primate sounds...many animals can make very strange sounding noises depending on what they are doing, Im sure this sounds strange to many people.
If Big Foot does lay in a road there is a very good chance somebody would not stop to investigate. Dark fur on blacktop at night and many motorists would not see what they were going to hit. I once ran over the ICC bumper from a big truck laying on fresh dark asphalt. I was lucky; I was expecting serious damage because all I could see were sparks flying off the pavement in my rear view mirrors. But the car spit out the bumper without a nick. I was expecting all my fluids to be pouring out on the pavement! But if they hang around roads we would have our proof they are here and we don't.

As far as all of those reports; you would have to know more. That site is only in business because of BF. If the myth goes away; so does your site. They have a vested interest in helping people to believe. Plus we know that some people lie or make up stories for all different reasons. It still boils down to you have campfire stories without one bit of solid evidence.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:59 PM

3,751 posts, read 2,813,091 times
Quote:
The BFRO (Bigfoot FIELD research Organization), uses this on their website to differentiate the 3 types of reports, Class A reports are those where an up close unobstructed view of the creature is seen, Class B are the type when the view is not so good, or view is partially obstructed, but behavior is still that of a bigfoot and the witness sees a large hominid shape, too large to be a human, Class C reports are those where no creature is seen, but wood knocks, or whooping, other primate type sounds are heard in the area.
Fixed it.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Fixed it.
Thanks!

Old 05-26-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If Big Foot does lay in a road there is a very good chance somebody would not stop to investigate. Dark fur on blacktop at night and many motorists would not see what they were going to hit. I once ran over the ICC bumper from a big truck laying on fresh dark asphalt. I was lucky; I was expecting serious damage because all I could see were sparks flying off the pavement in my rear view mirrors. But the car spit out the bumper without a nick. I was expecting all my fluids to be pouring out on the pavement! But if they hang around roads we would have our proof they are here and we don't.

As far as all of those reports; you would have to know more. That site is only in business because of BF. If the myth goes away; so does your site. They have a vested interest in helping people to believe. Plus we know that some people lie or make up stories for all different reasons. It still boils down to you have campfire stories without one bit of solid evidence.
There is DNA evidence that points to an unknown hominid that existed no earlier than 13,000 yrs ago. The DNA is very strange though, seems to originate in Eastern Europe, but it has ZERO neanderthal or Devonian heritage.

It also shows there was some interbreeding between this unknown species and humans, from what I read on this subject, they have the maternal side nailed down as human, but the father is the unknown.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:11 AM

6,972 posts, read 6,631,455 times
Class C reports are those where no creature is seen, but wood knocks, or whooping, other primate type sounds are heard in the area.

If I filed my incident with the BFRO it would fall under Class C. I didn't see a creature but did I ever hear some of loudest, fiercest, hoarse screaming I have ever heard. Never heard sounds like those before that 1972 event nor after. Anytime. Anywhere.

Some creature was at the treeline shaking a thick branch of an evergreen...violently. I don't consider myself someone who likes to make up stories just because he can. Shaking, screaming. Shaking, screaming. Just me and a small, barking dog witnessed this. The small, black dog was a lot closer to whatever this was than I was up the hill a tad.

An elk with a stuck antler? Neh. Oh, don't forget. I grew up in the great Pacific Northwest - prime BigFoot territory. BigFeet love the west coast, all the way up in to Vancouver Island, Canada. And don't you guys read or watch a lot of reports coming out of B.C.? I do.

It's forever put me on the hunt for knowledge. The Patterson-Gimlin video I believe is legit and I also believe the Paul Freeman incident videotaped in 1994 is too legit ta quit.

Last edited by elkotronics; 05-26-2020 at 10:19 AM..

Old 05-26-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
There is DNA evidence that points to an unknown hominid that existed no earlier than 13,000 yrs ago. The DNA is very strange though, seems to originate in Eastern Europe, but it has ZERO neanderthal or Devonian heritage.

It also shows there was some interbreeding between this unknown species and humans, from what I read on this subject, they have the maternal side nailed down as human, but the father is the unknown.
While you keep bringing up anomalies that might point in the direction of Big Foot; you do realize this whole thread is about a FAKE photograph! But you keep it alive regardless. You lose credibility when you don't know the difference between fake and real. You want to talk about DNA; then start another link about DNA and give us links to the information you want to share. Arguing on this thread is showing us you do not know the difference between real or imaginary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or