Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 04:20 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
When was this picture supposedly taken? The term "Bigfoot" wasn't coined until the 1970s. The term "Sasquatch" wasn't used until even later, in MSM. And forget Google. Try Newspaper Archive.com

Use keyword searches such as "Hairy Giant seen", "Wild man seen", to find historical accounts. Think of what the early American settlers would call something that resembled a Bigfoot but don't search for "Bigfoot" or else you will turn up the hoaxes.

Sometimes "Wild Men" works on archive searches but on Google it will turn up the "Wild Man of Borneo" who was actually a dwarf used in a circus freak show.

HUH? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 09:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
I guess the consensus is its a fake, but its still interesting to think they may indeed look this human in the face! I have read that same detail over and over again in so many reports..."the face looked SO human".

Old 05-20-2020, 12:14 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I guess the consensus is its a fake, but its still interesting to think they may indeed look this human in the face! I have read that same detail over and over again in so many reports..."the face looked SO human".
OK; so where is the body laying in a coroner's office with the newspapers happily shooting away for the cover story? The only clear photographs that are produced are fake because you cannot photograph what does not exist. If they did look human to some, that reported a sighting, did you ever wonder if they were human? We do know that humans exist; there are many of us laying in our morgues.

Old 05-20-2020, 02:52 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Are you positive that is their dialog box?

Im just saying, I didnt see any mention of 'WW news', the website was actually linked to Univ of Minnesota.

*Im not claiming THIS IS a picture of a real bigfoot, its just a picture I found that looks pretty realistic for a hoax. Below is an unrelated sighting, read the description of the face and look at the picture...

I saw something between the woods and my shed. It was just standing there, and it was big. The head looked huge. So, I ran upstairs and got my night vision. When I kicked that night vision on, I could see every detail. It was staring up in the trees. He was at least eight and a half feet tall. He was about 40 feet from the window. He looked gray in color. "It looked like a really big human. If people want to know what the face looks like, if you put this guy in a Viking movie with a horned helmet on, people would say he was a Viking. That's how human looking he was. He had really sunken eyes.
If you go to the Weekly World News website, they are still doing it. CGI hasn’t done them any favors, though.

But it’s still fun.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
OK; so where is the body laying in a coroner's office with the newspapers happily shooting away for the cover story? The only clear photographs that are produced are fake because you cannot photograph what does not exist. If they did look human to some, that reported a sighting, did you ever wonder if they were human? We do know that humans exist; there are many of us laying in our morgues.
I dont know many humans that are 8ft or taller, or that have arms that hang to their knees, or that are covered in long hair. LOL

There ARE pictures of them, but you all want to call every single one of them fakes and frauds, so, where does that leave us....right back at square 1!! LOL

Old 05-20-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
If you go to the Weekly World News website, they are still doing it. CGI hasn’t done them any favors, though.

But it’s still fun.
Well, whoever did the makeup, hair, did a pretty good job!

Old 05-21-2020, 01:00 AM

Quote:
I dont know many humans that are 8ft or taller, or that have arms that hang to their knees, or that are covered in long hair. LOL

There ARE pictures of them, but you all want to call every single one of them fakes and frauds, so, where does that leave us....right back at square 1!! LOL
You still do not have any good trail camera pictures of BF. The clear pictures you do have came from Hollywood, Jack Links, and the tabloids.

You said that you were going to spend some time outside in a 'known area' trying to get some pictures of Dogman when the weather broke. I wish you the best of luck; but you would be the first. Nobody else, including people that have spent years looking have been able to capture pictures or get any evidence. I am not trying to discourage you; I really hope that you succeed - but I am not placing any bets that you will succeed.

To me time ran out on all of these creatures. Technology caught up with the myths.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
You still do not have any good trail camera pictures of BF. The clear pictures you do have came from Hollywood, Jack Links, and the tabloids.

You said that you were going to spend some time outside in a 'known area' trying to get some pictures of Dogman when the weather broke. I wish you the best of luck; but you would be the first. Nobody else, including people that have spent years looking have been able to capture pictures or get any evidence. I am not trying to discourage you; I really hope that you succeed - but I am not placing any bets that you will succeed.

To me time ran out on all of these creatures. Technology caught up with the myths.
I doubt it would make any difference, even if I was able to snap a picture or video, Im hoping to go up to the known spot next week, our weather has been terrible here, weve had about 4 straight days of heavy rain, highs in the lower 50s...I think Dogman may have went for higher ground.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I doubt it would make any difference, even if I was able to snap a picture or video, Im hoping to go up to the known spot next week, our weather has been terrible here, weve had about 4 straight days of heavy rain, highs in the lower 50s...I think Dogman may have went for higher ground.
I know that many were complaining about our dreary days. I always feel wet Springs work in our favor. You look at all the fires in the Southwest and Florida and I think we are pretty lucky. It is amazing that we never find a charged BF or Dogman body after a major forest fire?

Old 05-21-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I know that many were complaining about our dreary days. I always feel wet Springs work in our favor. You look at all the fires in the Southwest and Florida and I think we are pretty lucky. It is amazing that we never find a charged BF or Dogman body after a major forest fire?
There is a pretty credible report that after the Mt Saint Helens erupted, bodies of Sasquatch were found and transported off site...NOT something you would have heard on the news though.

Oddly enough, many Dogman reports come from fairly populated residential areas, (Ive always thought was significant), even the 'known hot spot' of mine, its a rural area, but there are MANY houses and businesses in this area, its only about 30 minutes from downtown Cincinnati!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal