Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 12:08 PM

10,819 posts, read 7,199,634 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine says he's psychic. A couple of months ago, he said the corona virus problem would be over by the end of May, and either China or Canada would come up with a vaccine. I honestly hope he's right, but time's running out.

Since most places have relaxed their stay at home orders, I suppose you could say that's what he meant...

Or maybe he meant May of some other year...

Last edited by steiconi; 05-25-2020 at 12:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 12:28 PM

9,880 posts, read 5,543,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
A friend of mine says he's psychic. A couple of months ago, he said the corona virus problem would be over by the end of May, and either China or Canada would come up with a vaccine. I honestly hope he's right, but time's running out.

Since most places have relaxed their stay at home orders, I suppose you could say that's what he meant...

Or maybe he meant May of some other year...
A good psychic is careful to be flexible like that...

Old 05-25-2020, 12:40 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,423,732 times
The easiest way to spot a fake psychic is whether or not they are asking for money/donations, or asking people to buy videos, readings, etc.

There is a psychic Ive used before and she charges NOTHING, asks for NOTHING. She will give you her impression of what she sees about the question you asked, its very simple.

Old 05-25-2020, 01:22 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,234,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The easiest way to spot a fake psychic is whether or not they are asking for money/donations, or asking people to buy videos, readings, etc.
I think you can probably say that about anybody who deals with the paranormal, be it psychics, people who have supposed been abducted by aliens, people who supposedly have seen big the foot, etc., if any of them are asking for money/donations or asking people to buy videos, readings, etc. or taking people on tours for $$$$ to try and see things that don't exist, the scam is on!

But if you truly thing about, it's really no different than those televangelists or motivational speakers or self-help gurus, that make millions and millions each year, the weak minded sheeple will always be there to make these people quite wealthy.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:30 PM

23,874 posts, read 32,147,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Stuff is gonna happen between now and the end of December.

The end.
Bad stuff?

Old 05-25-2020, 03:18 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,917,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

There is a psychic Ive used before and she charges NOTHING, asks for NOTHING. She will give you her impression of what she sees about the question you asked, its very simple.
I have to disagree, here. Yes, in the old days, people offered their insights for free. Or they did miraculous healings for free, because everyone knows, that you're not supposed to charge for "God's gift", right?

While I do think there are some moral quandaries about charging for such things, I can't accept a rule of thumb that across the board categorizes everyone who charges for their skills, as being charlatans. My criterion, based on experience, is, that if they advertise, then approach with a large grain of salt. The genuine ones seem to be known by word of mouth. Unfortunately, some do charge, and they're not cheap. But that doesn't mean they're fake. Some are, some aren't. Some may have a less developed gift, while others seem to be able to look right at a situation or person hundreds of miles away, or years in the future, and describe what they see to a "T". Astonishing. These are rare, but very "real", whether they charge or not.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:42 PM

20,606 posts, read 8,373,426 times
Good psychics are born with a gift, just like artists or musicians. Artists and musicians charge money. People have to make a living. Anyone who doesn't want their services doesn't have to buy.A simple concept some posters can't seem to grasp.

I'm not sure why some people are bothering to post on this forum if they don't understand the topic. I don't go to the aviation forum to make fun of posters or claim thousands of people have been killed in plane crashes so they are stupid to like to fly.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:28 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,234,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Good psychics are born with a gift, just like artists or musicians. Artists and musicians charge money. People have to make a living. Anyone who doesn't want their services doesn't have to buy.A simple concept some posters can't seem to grasp.

I'm not sure why some people are bothering to post on this forum if they don't understand the topic. I don't go to the aviation forum to make fun of posters or claim thousands of people have been killed in plane crashes so they are stupid to like to fly.
Artists and musicians are performers and entertainers, so are you saying psychics are just performers and entertainers? I guess we do agree psychics are there to "put on a show".......for the gullible, that's for sure!

Old 05-25-2020, 09:32 PM

7,600 posts, read 4,507,157 times
Bill Gates predicted it....maybe he's actually psychic!!

Also

In her 2008 book, "End of Days: Predictions and Prophecies About the End of the World," Sylvia Browne wrote: "In around 2020, a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments."

But...she's dead.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:00 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,566,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You see, there's your problem. We do understand the topic with great precision.

I posted a comment upthread asking what this person said about Covid-19 back last year. Do you have any evidence to share with us about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal