U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 06:59 PM

17,009 posts, read 4,617,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Many of those mythical characters were created from the minds of the rulers to control the masses. Keep in mind, that while many dogs are very smart, we have no physical proof that their brain size was as large as a humans'. Many of the ancient depictions of dog creatures show them as the god all-seeing and all-knowing. But we have no skeleton remains to back up any of those myths.

If such a creature did exist an archaeologist would have found the remains of one. No creature has ever been found - even Google comes up empty!
I believe there is likely an explanation for this too, (we just do not yet know).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
We must have been doing the same thing. I can only find either drawn, or questionable pics of DoggieBoy, not even one Blobdoggie, whereas with Bigfoot you can find at last blobsquatch pics, along with drawings and questionable pics. Well, there was the one with the big dogfeet, and dead animal in the back of a truck, but ell, my beagle has big feet too.
Hmmm, why would so many ancient and historical cultures being drawing depictions of bipedal wolves/dogs?

I wonder why there are no drawings of bipedal cats, or bipedal frogs, horses, cows, etc?

Old 06-03-2020, 07:23 PM

3,740 posts, read 2,795,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Hmmm, why would so many ancient and historical cultures being drawing depictions of bipedal wolves/dogs?

I wonder why there are no drawings of bipedal cats, or bipedal frogs, horses, cows, etc?
Google Dogman and change to images. History is just that, history! Doesn't have anything to do with anything in the woods right now. And those are drawn, or painted, and no pics of them come up in the google search. Show me, or give me one link to look at, that shows a pic of a suspected real alive dogman. Not a cartoon drawing, not a wolf on its back legs! I want to see anything!

Old 06-03-2020, 07:37 PM

16,371 posts, read 13,135,905 times
Quote:

I would presume that is because the frogs, horses, and cows were not eating people like wolves and wild dogs/hyenas? Don't forget that the Great Sphinx had the body of a cat and a head of a human.

Here is a good link on these creatures: https://www.thoughtco.com/name-of-ha...f-beast-120536. From the last paragraph of that link: "Scholars of folklore and mythology such as Joseph Campbell maintain that these are psychological archetypes, ways of expressing our innate love-hate relationship with the animal side of ourselves from which we evolved. Others would view them less seriously, as merely entertaining myths and stories offering scary fun that requires no analysis."

I still feel that many of these stories had to do with the control of the population. Keep in mind that ancient people had very short life spams and death was always around. So how do you scare people into submission that have no fear of death?

Old 06-03-2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I would presume that is because the frogs, horses, and cows were not eating people like wolves and wild dogs/hyenas? Don't forget that the Great Sphinx had the body of a cat and a head of a human.

Here is a good link on these creatures: https://www.thoughtco.com/name-of-ha...f-beast-120536. From the last paragraph of that link: "Scholars of folklore and mythology such as Joseph Campbell maintain that these are psychological archetypes, ways of expressing our innate love-hate relationship with the animal side of ourselves from which we evolved. Others would view them less seriously, as merely entertaining myths and stories offering scary fun that requires no analysis."

I still feel that many of these stories had to do with the control of the population. Keep in mind that ancient people had very short life spams and death was always around. So how do you scare people into submission that have no fear of death?
Thats all well and good and sounds fairly logical...however, we have 1000s of people thru out the world, claiming to have seen living breathing creatures like this in the world today!

You mentioned the Sphinx, half, human, half cat...so, where are all the people today claiming to see half human half cat creatures running around? Many parts of the US have mountain lions and Pumas, surely someone could mis identify one of those (since sightings of them are so rare), sightings of half human, half cat creatures SHOULD be expected as a result, except, thats not happening.

One final thing, I just listened to the brand new 'Dogman Encounters with Vic Cundiff tonight and this lady I did NOT believe her story!! long story short, she says her and her family have had numerous encounters with the Dogman on a rural farm in North Carolina, she even claims she saw Dogman puppies, playing in the yard...and YES, the puppies were walking on 2 legs, and she claims they had little 'human like' hands. LOL Thats far too fantastical...even for me to believe.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:23 PM

16,371 posts, read 13,135,905 times
Quote:
Thats far too fantastical...even for me to believe.
I'm glad you have some standards!

Old 06-04-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I'm glad you have some standards!
There have been numerous reports I dont believe, another 'Dogman Encounters' episode, a guest claimed he and his brother found a Dogman puppy out in the woods and brought it back home, they kept it and raised it, feeding it raw meat, dog food, milk, etc.(of course, NO pictures or video! LOL)...they eventually let it go because they said it was getting too hard to control and it was killing chickens, goats on their farm.

Whats weird about this and a couple other episodes, Vic Cundiff is VERY well respected in the Dogman world, he has talked about recognizing liars and frauds and will not air a show if he believes they are making it up, in fact he has a lengthy process for witnesses to even get on the show, he has to interview them numerous times and makes sure their story stays the same, no embellishments or changes...so Im not sure why he air the few episodes like the above.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:25 PM

5,395 posts, read 8,458,873 times
Quote:
There have been numerous reports I dont believe, another 'Dogman Encounters' episode, a guest claimed he and his brother found a Dogman puppy out in the woods and brought it back home, they kept it and raised it, feeding it raw meat, dog food, milk, etc.(of course, NO pictures or video! LOL)...they eventually let it go because they said it was getting too hard to control and it was killing chickens, goats on their farm.

Whats weird about this and a couple other episodes, Vic Cundiff is VERY well respected in the Dogman world, he has talked about recognizing liars and frauds and will not air a show if he believes they are making it up, in fact he has a lengthy process for witnesses to even get on the show, he has to interview them numerous times and makes sure their story stays the same, no embellishments or changes...so Im not sure why he air the few episodes like the above.
If he doesn't toss out a few bones now and then, people start becoming disinterested. I'm not so sure he's all that thorough with story submissions. The above, about a Dogman puppy. How do they know the puppy was a Dogman? Did it walk on hind legs like a person? In addition, no videos or photos.

I looked at The Dogman Encounters website. In particular, I looked at a report in Oregon. Interestingly, the report was about Linn County, and specifically, Albany. The submitter says there was a case of a homeless woman living near the river (probably the Willamette River) a few years before 2017. She was killed and her tent was torn up. The implication is that it was a Dogman attack.

I took the liberty to search news reports to see if there were any such killings in Albany around that period of time. None! There was a homeless woman who was murdered in Corvallis by the Van Buren Bridge in February, 2015. However, that woman was murdered by a blunt object to the head. Nothing was said about the woman being torn up or a shredded tent. The murderer has never been found. That's not too surprising since a lot of homeless people frequently tend to be on the move. I'm guessing the person submitting the report to Dogman Encounters was probably mixed up with details.

It only took me a few minutes to find the news article about that murder. But Vic Cundiff says he has a lengthy process to weed out reports, and yet unable to find a news article about it to confirm or rule out witnesses?

The submitter claims to have seen a Dogman a couple of times at night. One night was at 2:30 AM, and the submitter claims it smirked at him(or her), and other sketchy details. It had a large lolling tongue, it was about 8-feet tall, and had German Shepherd ears. The submitter also claims to suffer from "...severe spine issues, as well as Fibromyalgia" and doesn't sleep well. The submitter claims to live in a manufactured home community near canals, fields and woods. I've lived in Albany (North Albany) for almost 50 years and I can't think of any mobile home courts that fit that description. I've also never heard of anyone talking about a Dogman creature. Considering the Oregon report (it's the only report from Oregon on the website), it doesn't sound like Vic's weeding out process is very effective. I certainly wouldn't be crediting him with credibility.
https://dogmanencounters.com/linn-county-encounter/

Old 06-06-2020, 05:07 PM

5,232 posts, read 4,179,286 times
Quote:

The oldest statuette known is of a lion man (35 to 40 thousand years ago):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-man

Five thousand years ago, the Egyptians worshipped Bastet, a lioness goddess:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastet

Around the same time in Sumer, they made statues of lamassu, creatures with the heads of men and winged bulls for bodies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamassu

Old 06-07-2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The oldest statuette known is of a lion man (35 to 40 thousand years ago):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-man

Five thousand years ago, the Egyptians worshipped Bastet, a lioness goddess:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastet

Around the same time in Sumer, they made statues of lamassu, creatures with the heads of men and winged bulls for bodies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamassu
OK, so where are all the 'fake' sightings and encounters with such creatures today?

**If Im just wanting attention or Im just an outright liar at heart, and have no problem fabricating fake DOgman encounters or sightings....why would I have any qualms about fabricating sightings/encounters of other 'mythical creatures'? Mark S and I discussed this one mythical creature, it had a human body, but no head, and its face was in the chest area, I believe one culture claimed these creatures lived on a island somewhere...and yet there are NO reports of sightings or encounters with these creatures today, no legends from other cultures that speak of the same thing...doesnt make sense? why is it ONLY half human/half wolf or 'werewolves' that get this treatment

Ive been thinking about doing a little 'social media experiment' related to this...basically fabricate an encounter with some other mythical half human/half animal creature and see how many people try to copy cat it over a period of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or