Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 08:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
This does not indicate to me that these are dogs who would attack someone. They do not appear aggressive to people they do not know, and just sit quietly allowing the vet to take samples. The owner would know if they were agressive or not and would seek to hide the fact BUT, he was worried enough to get rid of 3 of them. One dog, Otto matched the saliva on the jacket. I think the authorities have probably got it correct.

Does this sound like a bear to you? Would a bear tear apart a dead deer - as if attacking it? Wouldn't it just take it away and eat it? What is the point of scratching it with claws? Claws are normally for killing and defending with.

I think we are looking at two different topics here. One is about the attack on the old man, and one is about something else which carried away and attacked the dead deer.
Thats exactly what I said when I read about the dogs sitting peacefully while samples were taken.

Plus the guy who was attacked identified coyotes, they look nothing like Boxers, not even close. I think it may have been Dogmen who stayed on 4 legs the whole time, the guy was older, so I doubt he even knew about Dogmen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 09:12 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats exactly what I said when I read about the dogs sitting peacefully while samples were taken.

Plus the guy who was attacked identified coyotes, they look nothing like Boxers, not even close. I think it may have been Dogmen who stayed on 4 legs the whole time, the guy was older, so I doubt he even knew about Dogmen.
Mountain lions do carry their prey to where they feel they will be safe to eat it. Bears do the same thing; all anyone has to do it try to pick up all their garbage from the previous night's bear attack. They will sort through the garbage can and take what they like the most far away where they feel they can eat undisturbed. Judging from our local garbage day I think that we have a big one in our area right now.

From the link Mark S. gave us: "The persistent "wild animal" theory held by the Christian County sheriff delayed obtaining DNA from the suspected dogs -- three boxers who were running loose when the attack occurred -- for six months. By that time, the owner of the dogs, Joseph Brink, had given two of his boxers away. Deputies managed to hunt down both dogs and obtain DNA samples. The results showed a "perfect match" for one of the boxers; the other three could not be ruled out as being involved."

As far as what the man described attacked him; he was mortally wounded and dying! Could he have made a mistake? Do you want to say this is the work of Dogman?

Many dogs do not like people on bicycles. It is almost like being the mechanical rabbit the greyhounds are chasing around the track. I am sure there are a few cyclist on this forum that have been chased at one time or another. I am also sure that it is very hard for an 85 year old man to escape from such an attack.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Mountain lions do carry their prey to where they feel they will be safe to eat it. Bears do the same thing; all anyone has to do it try to pick up all their garbage from the previous night's bear attack. They will sort through the garbage can and take what they like the most far away where they feel they can eat undisturbed. Judging from our local garbage day I think that we have a big one in our area right now.

From the link Mark S. gave us: "The persistent "wild animal" theory held by the Christian County sheriff delayed obtaining DNA from the suspected dogs -- three boxers who were running loose when the attack occurred -- for six months. By that time, the owner of the dogs, Joseph Brink, had given two of his boxers away. Deputies managed to hunt down both dogs and obtain DNA samples. The results showed a "perfect match" for one of the boxers; the other three could not be ruled out as being involved."

As far as what the man described attacked him; he was mortally wounded and dying! Could he have made a mistake? Do you want to say this is the work of Dogman?

Many dogs do not like people on bicycles. It is almost like being the mechanical rabbit the greyhounds are chasing around the track. I am sure there are a few cyclist on this forum that have been chased at one time or another. I am also sure that it is very hard for an 85 year old man to escape from such an attack.
I dont want to get into a LONG debate about this, I will say though, I find it odd that these Boxers would savagely rip a guy to shreds, but when a stranger comes poking and prodding them to take samples, they sit peacefully and allow him to do what he needs to do.

I dont buy the mistaken identity either, if you look at the pictures of the clothes, his gloves were ripped to bits, meaning the canine was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, coyotes are small canines, I could maybe see mistaking a collie for a coyote, but a Boxer? everything about the 2 dogs are different, they look nothing alike.

Its pointless to debate this though, because the guy is dead now. I doubt Im going to convince you of my opinion and its unlikely you will convince me yours is right.

I dont know for sure this was a Dogman attack, but their killings have been covered up before, so it wouldnt be the first time, there is an motive/incentive to cover them up.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I dont want to get into a LONG debate about this, I will say though, I find it odd that these Boxers would savagely rip a guy to shreds, but when a stranger comes poking and prodding them to take samples, they sit peacefully and allow him to do what he needs to do.

I dont buy the mistaken identity either, if you look at the pictures of the clothes, his gloves were ripped to bits, meaning the canine was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, coyotes are small canines, I could maybe see mistaking a collie for a coyote, but a Boxer? everything about the 2 dogs are different, they look nothing alike.

Its pointless to debate this though, because the guy is dead now. I doubt Im going to convince you of my opinion and its unlikely you will convince me yours is right.

I dont know for sure this was a Dogman attack, but their killings have been covered up before, so it wouldnt be the first time, there is an motive/incentive to cover them up.
According to the report the sheriffs office was hesitant to say it was dogs. It wasn't the other way around. They were lucky they could find the dogs after the original owner gave them away.

Like I said before there can be a difference between how a dog perceives a stranger on a bike and how it perceives a person walking. It is like it awakens their survival skills. I remember being chased by a dog when I was on my bike many years ago. It wasn't easy to get away and I was in good shape and I think I was going downhill. It is very easy for me to think that is what happened to this man. Plus the authorities are 100% certain that the one dog was responsible. It's possible the other two were also; but the DNA was not conclusive.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:08 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
As we all know, dogs run in packs.

It is perfectly possible that Dogman can act as the alpha-dog of a pack and other dogs who are not controlled may be part of the pack. It would explain how the dead deer got attacked(by Dogman) and how the old man got knocked off his bike and attacked too. I can imagine if you are an old guy riding along on your bike and you see Dogman, you may well wobble and fall off.

For all we know, the boxers were licking this guy "to get him better" and that was how he got the saliva on his jacket.

Anyway, pack behaviour is probably different from non-pack behaviour.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:20 PM

Vic Cundiffs 'Dogman Encounters' supposedly has an episode devoted to Dogman killings that were covered up, Im not 100% sure, but I believe his guest for this show works for the DNR, I will have to try to find that episode and watch.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:21 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
I find it odd that these Boxers would savagely rip a guy to shreds, but when a stranger comes poking and prodding them to take samples, they sit peacefully and allow him to do what he needs to do.
That's not uncommon behavior with dogs. Various things can "set off" aggressive behavior in dogs, and bicycles are high on the list. Something about them sets off the "hunt and pursue" instinct in the dog brain. Our dog, who is super friendly, will growl and bark and people in hats. Take off the hat, and you're fine.

Quote:
The problem with this specific case: All the facts point to three aggressive dogs killing a man. Tragic, yes, but not unheard of. Dozens of people are killed by dogs in the US each year, and boxers can be an aggressive breed.

What points to a dogman attack? Nothing but speculation and wishful thinking as near as I can see.

In the larger scheme of things: What possible motive could there be for local, state, and federal authorities to cover up dogmen attacks? And of all those hundreds (perhaps thousands) of people "in the know," not one of them has come forward with evidence? Not one? I find that extraordinarily hard to believe. Human beings just aren't good secret keepers. The more people you involve, the more they talk. Three people can maybe keep a secret --- if two of them are dead.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That's not uncommon behavior with dogs. Various things can "set off" aggressive behavior in dogs, and bicycles are high on the list. Something about them sets off the "hunt and pursue" instinct in the dog brain. Our dog, who is super friendly, will growl and bark and people in hats. Take off the hat, and you're fine.

The problem with this specific case: All the facts point to three aggressive dogs killing a man. Tragic, yes, but not unheard of. Dozens of people are killed by dogs in the US each year, and boxers can be an aggressive breed.

What points to a dogman attack? Nothing but speculation and wishful thinking as near as I can see.

In the larger scheme of things: What possible motive could there be for local, state, and federal authorities to cover up dogmen attacks? And of all those hundreds (perhaps thousands) of people "in the know," not one of them has come forward with evidence? Not one? I find that extraordinarily hard to believe. Human beings just aren't good secret keepers. The more people you involve, the more they talk. Three people can maybe keep a secret --- if two of them are dead.
Mr. Vogt was shown pictures of various breeds of dogs before he died, when the coyote picture came up, he identified it as the type that attacked him...They showed pictures of his clothing, his gloves were ripped to shreds, (meaning, the animal was right in front of him doing this), A boxer and a coyote look NOTHING alike.

The motive in covering them up is simple, they dont want the public to know there are creatures that look like 'werewolves' in our forests and rural areas.

Take a look at the US map that has every Dogman sighting and encounter listed, MANY are reported to look like large coyotes when they are are on all fours, however they usually do not attack people, like Ive said before, these sightings and encounters are not in just a few areas, its pretty much everywhere, the descriptions witnesses give are identical to a stereotypical hollywood movie 'werewolf'.

Sightings and encounters of these things go back centuries, and before you say 'mis identification', a bipedal canine creature and a bear standing on 2 legs look nothing alike, the only similar feature is they both have fur covering their body, everything else is different.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:46 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
The motive in covering them up is simple, they dont want the public to know there are creatures that look like 'werewolves' in our forests and rural areas.
Why?

Old 06-01-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Sightings and encounters of these things go back centuries, and before you say 'mis identification', a bipedal canine creature and a bear standing on 2 legs look nothing alike, the only similar feature is they both have fur covering their body, everything else is different.
If they went back centuries and I am now 73; why did I not hear of "Dogman" years ago. The only creature, like Dogman, that I ever heard about were werewolves from Hollywood.

This case is closed with the identification of the Boxer and the possibility other in the pack also attacked. The only person 'mis identifying' is you! You were searching for something unusual and you did not find it. But you still want to go on about how they missed something. There is evidence that links the one dog to the man's attack and you still want us to believe there was something else. The proof sides with logic and not illogical assumptions.

Go out to that location where you think you will find evidence and bring it back to this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal