U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 09:51 PM

16,984 posts, read 4,611,645 times

Advertisements

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...vogt/98350230/

I read about this one on a Dogman website, reading thru this article, they talked to Werner Vogt before he died and showed him pictures of animals, in an attempt to id what did this to him, he pointed to the coyote as the guilty party...but here is where it gets weird, coyotes are tiny animals, and the sheriff said DNA matched another mans boxer dog.

Now how does a guy get mixed up to confuse a Boxer for a coyote? I dont think he was confused at all, he just didnt know this 'coyote' was not a normal coyote!

I know what they mean when they say things like this are 'covered up'...this is very clearly a cover up of a Dogman killing.

(a Boxer and a Coyote look NOTHING alike), but Mr Vogt is dead now, so it doesnt matter, everyone know believes it was a Boxer dog that did it...move along...nothing to see here...keep it moving. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 02:48 AM

16,371 posts, read 13,131,087 times
I'm sorry but I do not use links that spam us. Would you find another link where I can read your story without the spam?

I do know that our Eastern coyotes are larger than your western coyotes. But, without a good link, I don't know what this is about?

Old 05-28-2020, 05:43 AM

3,740 posts, read 2,795,896 times
Just like humans, each animal has its own DNA. DNA doesnt lie! If the DNA came back to another dog, Vogt RIP, was simply wrong. I suppose the sheriff could have been lying.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:20 AM

18,125 posts, read 22,056,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
[url]... in an attempt to id what did this to him, he pointed to the coyote as the guilty party...but here is where it gets weird, coyotes are tiny animals, and the sheriff said DNA matched another mans boxer dog.
Coyotes may not be mastiffs, but I would not call them "tiny" --- and they are pack hunters. Coyotes attacking people is extremely rare, but not unheard of, especially if there is disease in the pack. Here in Maine, we have had a rash of fox attacks in recent years because of rabies. Rabid animals will attack anything once the disease progresses far enough.

But unless the sheriff is just outright lying, I'd go with the DNA on this. And why would the sheriff lie?

Is The Conspiracy now burying the truth of Dogmen along with UFOs, Bigfoot, the Illuminati, Reptiloids, and JFK? Where does The Conspiracy find the time?

Old 05-28-2020, 06:24 AM

https://blog.dogsbite.org/2017/03/pe...y-finally.html

Persistent 'Wild Animal' Theory Finally Derailed, Elderly Man was Killed by a Pack of Loose Dogs in 2015
A Flawed Theory and Problematic Bias

Quote:
UPDATE 01/18/18: The owners of a pack of dogs that killed an elderly man have been charged with felony second-degree manslaughter. The dogs viciously attacked 85-year old Werner Vogt on November 12, 2015 as he rode his bicycle in a rural area southeast of Rogersville. Vogt died of his injuries a few weeks later. For months, local authorities mistakenly believed he was attacked by a wild animal, specifically, a wild cat, even though Vogt told them he was attacked by three dogs.

The persistent "wild animal" theory held by the Christian County sheriff delayed obtaining DNA from the suspected dogs -- three boxers who were running loose when the attack occurred -- for six months. By that time, the owner of the dogs, Joseph Brink, had given two of his boxers away. Deputies managed to hunt down both dogs and obtain DNA samples. The results showed a "perfect match" for one of the boxers; the other three could not be ruled out as being involved.

In October 2017, a Christian County grand jury indicted Joseph Brink and his wife, Lindsay Brink, on second-degree manslaughter. "Joseph and Lindsay Brink were aware of the aggressive disposition of the dogs and failed to maintain adequate control of the dogs by allowing them to run at large," the indictment states. In August 2017, the Brinks agreed to a $300,000 settlement after Vogt's son, Vernon Vogt, filed a wrongful-death civil lawsuit against the Rogersville couple.

03/14/17: Mauling Death Finally Solved
Christian County, MO - On November 12, 2015 an elderly man was riding his bicycle in the Anchor Hill Ranch subdivision, a rural area southeast of Rogersville in Christian County, when he was viciously attacked by a pack of dogs. Werner Vogt, 85-years old, died of his severe injuries while hospitalized on December 4. At that time, local authorities mistakenly believed he was attacked by a wild animal, specifically, a wild cat, even though Vogt told them he was attacked by three dogs.

On March 12, 2017 the Springfield News-Leader published two articles detailing parts of the investigation into Vogt's mauling death after filing a Sunshine Law request in February seeking the sheriff's investigative report. The News-Leader articles, in part, help explain the persistent "wild animal" theory held by local authorities, despite the fact that canines kill an American about every 11 days in the U.S., a rate about 14 times more frequently than bears and cougars combined.

"I could speculate that it could be a bear or a mountain lion … Like I said, I have a hard time believing it was dogs." - Sheriff Brad Cole, November 13, 2015

From the get-go, Sheriff Cole declined to believe the attackers were dogs. No DNA samples from dogs were taken until months after the attack. When they were finally collected -- primarily in May 2016 -- and the results became known, they matched a group of boxers owned by Joseph Brink who lives near the attack site. A Christian County sheriff's deputy interviewed Brink on the day of the attack. Brink told the deputy that three of his boxers were loose at the time of the attack.

No DNA samples were taken from Brink's dogs at that time. By the time they are, six months later, Brink had gotten rid of two of his boxers. The moral of this story is that local officials "lucked out royally" by locating the two boxers that Brink had given away. One of which had a "perfect match" to the saliva found on Vogt's clothing. The other moral is the unwillingness for local officials, at least initially, to believe that canines can and do inflict massive, gaping and horrific injuries.

Fatal dog attacks are generally rare, however in some U.S. counties they are not rare and occur year-after-year like clockwork. The situation of a rural county experiencing a fatal dog attack for the first time is a difficult one -- there is a lack of experience and protocol. However, after the death of Vogt, one sees a "persistent" belief by authorities that a wild animal was to blame, because a dog simply could not be. Therefore hours and hours of precious investigation time was wasted.

Our email correspondence with Sheriff Bob Cole shows that nearly three months after the attack, he still believed a wild cat was the culprit.

Though the News-Leader paints a more rose-colored version of the investigation, the fact is a deputy examined the dogs that killed Vogt on the day of the attack, but failed to gather DNA at that time. Only months later -- likely after a forensics lab rejected the "wild animal" theory -- did they fully consider that dogs could be the culprit.1 We are thrilled that their investigation eventually prevailed. We hope other jurisdictions do not make this same erroneous presumption.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
https://blog.dogsbite.org/2017/03/pe...y-finally.html

Persistent 'Wild Animal' Theory Finally Derailed, Elderly Man was Killed by a Pack of Loose Dogs in 2015
A Flawed Theory and Problematic Bias
Thank you! I refuse to play the spam games! Good thing you found it before MR. Rstevens62 goes on for twenty pages about a dogman!

To the north of where I live there used to be packs of wild dogs that scavenged the old coal mine area. Hunters used to talk about being stalked; but I do not think that worked out too good for the stalkers! Years ago they used to encourage hunters to go out after the packs. I am pretty sure that nobody hunts packs of wild dogs today; but I don't know? It would be a risky venture knowing the feelings running in our Country.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:22 AM

16,984 posts, read 4,611,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Thank you! I refuse to play the spam games! Good thing you found it before MR. Rstevens62 goes on for twenty pages about a dogman!

To the north of where I live there used to be packs of wild dogs that scavenged the old coal mine area. Hunters used to talk about being stalked; but I do not think that worked out too good for the stalkers! Years ago they used to encourage hunters to go out after the packs. I am pretty sure that nobody hunts packs of wild dogs today; but I don't know? It would be a risky venture knowing the feelings running in our Country.
I didnt realize the link was Spam.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I didnt realize the link was Spam.
I don't think it was exactly. But A LOT of newspaper websites these days won't allow you to view articles with ad-blocker turned on. If you aren't a subscriber, they want to be able to shower your page with ads.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't think it was exactly. But A LOT of newspaper websites these days won't allow you to view articles with ad-blocker turned on. If you aren't a subscriber, they want to be able to shower your page with ads.
When I clicked on the link it immediately stopped the text. I could have turned off my add blocker to read; but I am really leery of allowing unknown websites dictate what I see. I am not playing their game.

As far as news sites anymore; forget it! They have Taboola or similar advertisers mixed in with their news articles. Even the biggest, used to be giants in the industry, are now playing that game. I do not like most news stations or sights today. Perhaps they should relearn the definition of the word "News"!

Sorry; I did not mean to derail the link. I just get frustrated!

Old 05-28-2020, 07:59 PM

3,709 posts, read 3,618,944 times
Quote:
Bernier examined each dog.
"They sat without issue while I opened and inspected each mouth and did not attempt to bite me or become aggressive," Bernier wrote. "I found no signs of blood or human flesh in the mouth of any animal and no signs of fighting or blood on the coats, paws or pads of any of the animals."

None of the animals appeared to have been recently washed or groomed, Bernier noted, adding, "I found no indication that the owner was attempting to hide any possible evidence of their involvement."
This does not indicate to me that these are dogs who would attack someone. They do not appear aggressive to people they do not know, and just sit quietly allowing the vet to take samples. The owner would know if they were agressive or not and would seek to hide the fact BUT, he was worried enough to get rid of 3 of them. One dog, Otto matched the saliva on the jacket. I think the authorities have probably got it correct.

Quote:
The case took an unusual turn later that day when another resident who lives in the Anchor Hill area told Bernier of a strange incident that had happened in their backyard.

"She told me a family member of hers had killed a deer the previous Sunday and hung it from a chain on the back deck of the home," Bernier wrote in his report. "She told me when they went to retrieve the deer on Monday morning the animal was gone."

The deer carcass was found a short distance from the house.

"She told me the deer was torn apart and had large scratch marks on it from an unknown animal," Bernier wrote. "She told me she had seen a bear and a possible mountain lion in the area in the past and only wanted our agency to be aware."
Does this sound like a bear to you? Would a bear tear apart a dead deer - as if attacking it? Wouldn't it just take it away and eat it? What is the point of scratching it with claws? Claws are normally for killing and defending with.

I think we are looking at two different topics here. One is about the attack on the old man, and one is about something else which carried away and attacked the dead deer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or