Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 11:12 AM

3,184 posts, read 1,277,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrea View Post
Something similar happened to me once. I lied down to bed and I thought that I was still awake, but then I heard the voice of my late grandmother calling my name. I think that I just THOUGHT that I was awake, but had probably already started sleeping (and dreaming). Maybe something similar happened to you, too.
Nope. Not at all.

I heard the voice and run to other side of home right away by turning on all lights. I was 100 percent awake and my eyes were on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 11:54 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
... heard of your name being whispered to you when alone in the room at night.

It happened to me today and I am scared like hell.

What was that?
Quote:
Nope. Not at all.

I heard the voice and run to other side of home right away by turning on all lights. I was 100 percent awake and my eyes were on.
Sounds like you may have had an auditory hallucination. They have various causes.
''Nothing throws you for a loop like when you swear you can hear something that doesn’t seem to have an explanation. If what you heard really doesn’t have a source, it might be an “auditory hallucination.” ''

https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/...llucinations#1

Old 05-29-2020, 12:46 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I was awake and sober.

I had just gone to bed. I was totally awake.

All sorts of weird things happen when your brain starts to go into sleep mode. I have had this and other weird phenomenon happen all the time.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:17 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,319,833 times
I’ve experienced this several times over the years. I can’t trace it to any type of pattern.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:45 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,477,919 times
I've had it happen outdoors with no one else around. I just pass it off as a greeting from the other side.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:15 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I've had it happen outdoors with no one else around. I just pass it off as a greeting from the other side.
Some years back, while checking my email, I heard my mother call my name. It was odd because I hadn't been thinking of her at the time.

I suspect she was perhaps trying to warn me of things to come. Within days, we were dealing with a real crisis situation.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
The explanation could be many different things, need more information...Have you recently been occupying your time with reading about strange things/supernatural, demonic, etc stuff. Sometimes just thinking about these things too much is like sending out an open invitation, but it varies from person to person, based on how 'sensitive' you are to such things.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:58 AM

3,184 posts, read 1,277,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The explanation could be many different things, need more information...Have you recently been occupying your time with reading about strange things/supernatural, demonic, etc stuff. Sometimes just thinking about these things too much is like sending out an open invitation, but it varies from person to person, based on how 'sensitive' you are to such things.
No I haven't. Nothing.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:39 AM

6,442 posts, read 3,143,427 times
Since the topic title, "Have you ever", is a little open ended, I'll add this.....

Back in the mid 80s, on a regular workday, my alarm went off as usual, and I got up, so I thought, as usual, and then proceeded with my normal routine. I showered, dressed, ate breakfast, and left for work. This was before anyone else in the house got up, which was also a normal occurrence.

I drove to work, and was rather surprised to find the parking lot was pretty well filled up, which was unusual for the time that I normally arrived. It was then that I first looked at the clock, and it showed that I was EXACTLY one hour late.

As I mentioned, nobody else in the house was up when I left, which led me to believe that I had arisen "on time", and not simply turned off my alarm and fallen back to sleep....for exactly one hour. To this day, I cannot figure out what happened that day.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:27 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
I'll be the one.

OP yes. Many times. There is a still, small voice that will sometimes get our attention.

I believe there's always a good reason, a definite purpose behind this.
Has your mind been drawn towards faith, God, scripture at all recently? Or maybe something has occurred that's caused distress, prompting you to question "why?".
If you can access scripture in your moment of fear, as an experiment, try it! This might be the creator of the universe trying to get your attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal