Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 07:32 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times

Advertisements

I have experienced auditory hallucinations, usually when waking. I finally realized they are not real, I did not wake up BECAUSE I heard something.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:46 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
It may be God's way of telling you to pay attention to that person.

It's happened to me right after I woke up. Like it almost woke me up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 01:31 PM

3,184 posts, read 1,277,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It may be God's way of telling you to pay attention to that person.

It's happened to me right after I woke up. Like it almost woke me up.
I was already awake with my eyes open so I didnt wake up. I had just gone to bed.

I am agnostic and got scared. This happened yesterday and I couldnt sleep almost till the morning because I was very scared.

And yesterday I couldn't sleep because I was still scared of what happened. And I didnt wanna heart it again.

Will I sleep today? I dont know. I am still shocked about what happened 2 days ago. I dont know if I can sleep.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:17 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
I was already awake with my eyes open so I didnt wake up. I had just gone to bed.

I am agnostic and got scared. This happened yesterday and I couldnt sleep almost till the morning because I was very scared.

And yesterday I couldn't sleep because I was still scared of what happened. And I didnt wanna heart it again.

Will I sleep today? I dont know. I am still shocked about what happened 2 days ago. I dont know if I can sleep.
Has anyone in your life passed away recently? Did the voice sound like anyone you knew who had passed?

Several years ago, we planned a weekend trip to a city a couple of hours away by car. The weather forecast said it would rain the whole time we were going to be there. Of course, I wasn't happy to hear that but figured we would make the most of it.

A few days before we left for the trip, I was in that half asleep/half awake state. I heard a man speak to me who had a smile in his voice. He said "It's going to better than you think." Sure enough, there was hardly any rain that weekend (a small passing shower one day). The rain had held off until it was time for us to leave to go back home.

OP, you could give this a try --- Right before going to bed speak out loud and address the voice you heard. Tell him/her that s/he scared you. Then say that if s/he had a clear and unmistakable message then come to you as you sleep and tell you what s/he wants you to know. This may work... so it's worth a try.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:27 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post

I know what you mean about not being able to sleep due to fright, but try to remember, these things are limited in what they can do, for the most part, they can make noise and thats about it.

This guy on another forum I was on years ago, had something invisible trashing his bedroom one night, he noticed though, it was basically just trying to make as much noise as possible, no intent to really destroy or do damage...he apparently told it, "if thats all you can do is make noise, Im not getting scared".

Old 05-30-2020, 08:31 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
No. I’m in a state of grace which nothing gets thru and also maintain a barrier of sacramentals for added protection.

So far, so good.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:53 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I honestly believe that God is not one to whisper sweet nothings in our ears.

However, I think there are many different energies around which we cannot see who may be the ones doing the whispering. Now... whether you feel these are demons or angels is another matter. I feel they are neither, but are just being themselves. Like you or I we are just going about our business, doing our own thing most of the time.

If you choose to see these beings as evil or 'bad' then thats just your way of seeing things and does not necessarily reflect their intentions. Actually, I dont think saying someones name or any other word is such a bad thing and does not necessarily mean they have negative intentions towards us.

I think that some environments are more conducive to 'thinning the veil' between worlds and so we might be living in one of those areas. We could be hearing some of these beings who are living there all the time and who we normally dont hear or interact with. I think perhaps we should not automatically assume these events are negative as it evokes fear and that makes us imagine all kinds of wierd and wonderful things which are not there.

Just my opinion on this, so dont take it as gospel.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:37 AM

7,259 posts, read 5,131,727 times
I'm getting old. My senses aren't what they used to be....Now when I hear voices, I have to ask them to repeat it.. ..And my vision is getting so bad that even my hallucinations are blurry.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:11 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Op, if the God of the universe is pursuing you it doesn't matter how you label yourself. During times of fear that are keeping you from sleeping, just as an experiment say the name Jesus. During times of fear, and I know exactly what you're talkin about, we will try anyting. This is just one name. Say it and see if the fear eases up.
Turkey is a beautiful country with beautiful people. I was in Incirlik briefly.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:46 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
It's not uncommon in the average population although a lot of people won't talk about it or dismiss it.

Did you know that it can be caused by stress?

You can interpret it as spiritual if you'd like. In some sense something, maybe your internal self or the self which is connected to the Universe, is trying to get your attention. That could be a constructive interpretation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal