Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 12:53 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's been long discussed and acknowledged by many governments that there are ETs living amongst our population.
Name one, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 01:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Name one, please.
Canadian Defense Minister Paul Hellyer has made numerous statements to this effect.

A person in the position he was in, would be the ones 'in the know'.

The former Russian president Medeve (spelling?), has also made similar comments.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Canadian Defense Minister Paul Hellyer has made numerous statements to this effect.

A person in the position he was in, would be the ones 'in the know'.

The former Russian president Medeve (spelling?), has also made similar comments.
Hellyer has said it is his opinion that at least four different extra-terrestrial species have visited Earth. He hasn't ever come forward with any evidence that I know of. It just seems to be his opinion based on years of study of various UFO sightings. Hardly an official government statement.

I'm not familiar with Medvedev's claims. If he has ever come forth with evidence, I'd love to see it.

Old 06-05-2020, 04:49 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
I'm not familiar with Medvedev's claims. If he has ever come forth with evidence, I'd love to see it.
Back in 2012, Medvedev said:

Quote:
"Along with the briefcase with nuclear codes, the president of the country is given a special 'top secret' folder. This folder in its entirety contains information about aliens who visited our planet," Mr Medvedev answered playfully.

"Along with this, you are given a report of the absolutely secret special service that exercises control over aliens on the territory of our country ... More detailed information on this topic you can get from a well-known movie called 'Men In Black' ... I will not tell you how many of them are among us because it may cause panic," he says.

(Source)

Sounds like he was just joking around. Russians do have a sense of humor, they say.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:30 PM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714
But what happens if a the aliens obtained Romulan cloaking technology?
It look as if we and they both have this cloaking technology. Skinwalker Ranch scientists have found radiation coming from about a mile high going downwards and there are reports of flock-birds falling from the sky with broken necks and internal injuries. That suggests to me they have flown into something they cannot see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62
I have a feeling they are responsible for MANY of the worlds missing people.
Yum,Yum. "Fi,Fie,Fo,Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S
Hellyer has said it is his opinion that at least four different extra-terrestrial species have visited Earth. He hasn't ever come forward with any evidence that I know of. It just seems to be his opinion based on years of study of various UFO sightings. Hardly an official government statement.

You may want to think about these last few posts of yours. What you have just done is typical skeptic and shill tactics. Ask for references and then criticise them and discredit them. What is your opinion worth? Not any more than anyone elses on here, so dont make it sound as if you are some 'authority' on the subject.

I believe there are official documents which have acknowledged aliens might be living among us. I cannot remember where or when I saw it. Maybe at the BlackVault ( http://www.theblackvault.com/ ) website where they have many FOIA documents.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:

And like I said in the other post, considering his position in the Govt, he would be 'in the know' in regards to these kinds of things.

As to them coming forth with evidence of this...They are probably not permitted to present such evidence to the public, it would be top secret/classified.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:54 AM

7,253 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Quote:
If another civilization has the tech to travel between stars or through dimensions, we don't have any technology that is going to be able to resist them. The best we could do is hope they're friendly.

Space Force is intended to safeguard the US against foreign powers --- meaning China, Russia, India, etc. Not ETs. If it can also help guard the Earth against killer asteroids, then that's an added benefit.

Good points.

But for the snakes just looking for taxpayer money to fund their bogus bureaucracies & research projects:

The energy in an "average" asteroid traveling at 30,000 km/hr is 10^23J. In order to "protect" the planet from it, it has t be neutralized with that amount of energy-- less would only slow it down. The shattered pieces will still maintain momentum for the most part and continue along the same trajectory towards Earth...Kinda like trying to stop your rolling car by standing in its way and pushing back...Could you divert the car by hitting it from the side? Doubtful.

10^23 Joules is the energy contained in 1.2 Billion Fat Boy atom bombs- the one dropped on Hiroshima.

Do you think we can do it?

Old 06-08-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Good points.

But for the snakes just looking for taxpayer money to fund their bogus bureaucracies & research projects:

The energy in an "average" asteroid traveling at 30,000 km/hr is 10^23J. In order to "protect" the planet from it, it has t be neutralized with that amount of energy-- less would only slow it down. The shattered pieces will still maintain momentum for the most part and continue along the same trajectory towards Earth...Kinda like trying to stop your rolling car by standing in its way and pushing back...Could you divert the car by hitting it from the side? Doubtful.

10^23 Joules is the energy contained in 1.2 Billion Fat Boy atom bombs- the one dropped on Hiroshima.

Do you think we can do it?
I think it would be incredibly stupid to try to "blow up" an asteroid headed for Earth. Even if it succeeded, instead of one big rock headed for Earth, we might end up with dozens of medium-sized planet killers.

It would make more sense to deflect the rock so that it misses the planet. Still not easy, but it's more doable.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I think it would be incredibly stupid to try to "blow up" an asteroid headed for Earth. Even if it succeeded, instead of one big rock headed for Earth, we might end up with dozens of medium-sized planet killers.

It would make more sense to deflect the rock so that it misses the planet. Still not easy, but it's more doable.
Deflection would be better, but I very much doubt we could do this present day. We dont have anything with enough brute power.

Even if you sent up 100 of the largest nukes and detonated them a distance away, (with the goal of the blast pushing it in another direction), there simply arent enough bombs.

Need something along the lines of 'gravity control'.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:19 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Deflection would be better, but I very much doubt we could do this present day. We dont have anything with enough brute power.
You don't need brute power. You need to be able to identify and track asteroids that may intersect earth's orbit, so you can attach an ion engine to them to steer them away. Ion engines don't have brute power - but they can push something steadily over a very long period of time - unlike chemical fuel rockets which can give a big push over a short period of time. First flight to test this approach to deflect asteroids is scheduled for next year (the DART mission). Same tech could be used to move an asteroid to a closer orbit to Earth so it can be mined.

https://dailyresearchnews.com/nasa-d...eroid-in-2021/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal