U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-08-2020, 08:10 PM
 
Location: The Driftless Area, WI
4,019 posts, read 1,571,568 times
Reputation: 9345

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You don't need brute power. You need to be able to identify and track asteroids that may intersect earth's orbit, so you can attach an ion engine to them to steer them away. Ion engines don't have brute power - but they can push something steadily over a very long period of time - unlike chemical fuel rockets which can give a big push over a short period of time. First flight to test this approach to deflect asteroids is scheduled for next year (the DART mission). Same tech could be used to move an asteroid to a closer orbit to Earth so it can be mined.

https://dailyresearchnews.com/nasa-d...eroid-in-2021/


Any way you wanna cut it, the total momentum of the initial system will equal the total momentum of the resultant system....Like I said, the only way to deflect a moving car is to hit it with another moving car-- ie- the mv of the artificial attempt has to be close to the MV of the asteroid....While an ion engine might be able to shoot out ions at relativistic speeds, it would still take a heckuva lot of mass of those ions to effectively divert those 10^15 kg of the asteroid.---


---an asteroid of 1.5 x10^15 kg travelling at 8.3 m/sec has a momentum of 1.2 x10^19 kg-m/s
--if ions approached speed of light (3 x 10^8 m/s) then you'd need 4 x 10^12 kg of them to stop it.--A whole lotta fuel..... If you want to deflect the 'roid by 1 deg by directing the engine perpendicularly to the trajectory, you'd still need a fuel mass on the order of 10^10 kg.


It's a pipe dream calculated to earn money for its advocates, not a realistic plan to solve a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2020, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,244 posts, read 4,187,809 times
Reputation: 9921
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
It's a pipe dream calculated to earn money for its advocates, not a realistic plan to solve a problem.
They're talking about slamming mass into an asteroid with the DELTA project to budge it (read the paper) - and another project, ACR, was proposed to steer an asteroid into earth orbit. See:

https://www.kiss.caltech.edu/papers/.../returning.pdf

Quote:
... it appears feasible to identify, capture and return an entire ~7-m diameter, ~500,000-kg near-Earth asteroid to a high lunar orbit using technology that is or could be available in this decade ...
What's your proof that all those working on these plans are in it only for the money, and that all their research and calculations are worthless? And where have you published the research and calculations you've done to counter their claims? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2020, 06:06 AM
 
Location: The Driftless Area, WI
4,019 posts, read 1,571,568 times
Reputation: 9345
A 7m/ 500,000 kg object isn't; an asteroid, it's a pebble, and would hardly do any damage at all unless it hit you on the head....There's a 70:30 chance it would land harmlessly in the ocean and another 50:50 chance on top of the 30% that it would hit sparsely inhabited land (ie- 1 in 8 chance it would do any damage at all)....Is that worth $bilions in R & D to attempt to divert it?


The object thought to have caused the Younger Dryas event was 4000 m in size. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younge...act_hypothesis
The Chixculub asteroid was 81,000m https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_impactor


As to motives-- a little deductive reasoning anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2020, 09:23 PM
 
Location: NYC
16,484 posts, read 10,634,203 times
Reputation: 19453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Name one, please.
If you look at historical texts from Indians, many other cultures, Greeks, Sumerians, etc. Back then it was clearly acknowledged that their Gods lived and walked amongst humans. We consider Zeus Greek mythology but many scholars have studied closely and it's hard to determine who would come up with such elaborate story of Zeus and other Gods. Zeus's story was well documented and described, he wasn't divine spiritual being. He was able to mate with humans and have offsprings. Many other cultures especially Indian history have documented the Gods arrived via sky cities and have interacted with humans and taught them basic agriculture, astronomy, and developed calendar and time system. Humans did not just came up with all this stuff on our own without help from an advanced civilization.

Ancient Sumerians, the Annuakis are basically aliens that came here and helped built the Sumerian civilization. They have them sculptured and historical data written on walls and shrines everywhere that chronologically lists their names, feats, and events that took place. It wasn't just someone made up all this stuff overnight. If they made it all up, it would be the greatest mythology ever written by people over thousands of years ago. They knew the planets in our solar system some 6 thousand years ago before Galileos observed them with his telescope.

People of the past believe Gods lived and roamed among them unlike today we view them all as religion, superstition, and mythology. Somebody had to create this huge elaborate story, paintings, and be able to explain in great detail of the story of these Gods. Unless they are real historical data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2020, 09:56 PM
 
17,104 posts, read 4,653,109 times
Reputation: 10732
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If you look at historical texts from Indians, many other cultures, Greeks, Sumerians, etc. Back then it was clearly acknowledged that their Gods lived and walked amongst humans. We consider Zeus Greek mythology but many scholars have studied closely and it's hard to determine who would come up with such elaborate story of Zeus and other Gods. Zeus's story was well documented and described, he wasn't divine spiritual being. He was able to mate with humans and have offsprings. Many other cultures especially Indian history have documented the Gods arrived via sky cities and have interacted with humans and taught them basic agriculture, astronomy, and developed calendar and time system. Humans did not just came up with all this stuff on our own without help from an advanced civilization.

Ancient Sumerians, the Annuakis are basically aliens that came here and helped built the Sumerian civilization. They have them sculptured and historical data written on walls and shrines everywhere that chronologically lists their names, feats, and events that took place. It wasn't just someone made up all this stuff overnight. If they made it all up, it would be the greatest mythology ever written by people over thousands of years ago. They knew the planets in our solar system some 6 thousand years ago before Galileos observed them with his telescope.

People of the past believe Gods lived and roamed among them unlike today we view them all as religion, superstition, and mythology. Somebody had to create this huge elaborate story, paintings, and be able to explain in great detail of the story of these Gods. Unless they are real historical data.
I agree with you...


It was Zeus, who got upset at the King of Lyacon, (for trying to serve him the flesh of a baby that been killed!!), Zeus got so upset, he turned the king into man-wolf, a thing with the body of a man, but the head of a wolf, ( Zeus did this instantly, right there on the spot). Im guessing this former king was ridiculed for the rest of his life and treated like an animal.


Another funny thing about the Greek Gods, I worked with a guy years ago, he believed these Greek Gods were the real deal, he claimed to worship and pray to them, ( I thought he was joking at first, but he was not), this was his belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2020, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Maine
18,143 posts, read 22,078,203 times
Reputation: 21687
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If you look at historical texts from Indians, many other cultures, Greeks, Sumerians, etc. Back then it was clearly acknowledged that their Gods lived and walked amongst humans. We consider Zeus Greek mythology but many scholars have studied closely and it's hard to determine who would come up with such elaborate story of Zeus and other Gods. Zeus's story was well documented and described, he wasn't divine spiritual being. He was able to mate with humans and have offsprings. Many other cultures especially Indian history have documented the Gods arrived via sky cities and have interacted with humans and taught them basic agriculture, astronomy, and developed calendar and time system. Humans did not just came up with all this stuff on our own without help from an advanced civilization.
You're confusing history with mythology.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Ancient Sumerians, the Annuakis are basically aliens that came here and helped built the Sumerian civilization. They have them sculptured and historical data written on walls and shrines everywhere that chronologically lists their names, feats, and events that took place. It wasn't just someone made up all this stuff overnight. If they made it all up, it would be the greatest mythology ever written by people over thousands of years ago. They knew the planets in our solar system some 6 thousand years ago before Galileos observed them with his telescope.
And now you're falling victim to chronological snobbery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronological_snobbery



Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
People of the past believe Gods lived and roamed among them unlike today we view them all as religion, superstition, and mythology. Somebody had to create this huge elaborate story, paintings, and be able to explain in great detail of the story of these Gods. Unless they are real historical data.
History, mythology, and theology can and often do intersect, but they are not the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2020, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,244 posts, read 4,187,809 times
Reputation: 9921
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
A 7m/ 500,000 kg object isn't; an asteroid, it's a pebble, and would hardly do any damage at all unless it hit you on the head....
Well, you're the expert, then. You might want to write to the DELTA and DART projects to let them know they're wasting the taxpayers' money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2020, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,244 posts, read 4,187,809 times
Reputation: 9921
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
I think alien spaceships are possibly non detectable.

The clunky space shuttles that we use today are totally detectable. The ships aliens use move light years faster, swifter, and they do not require rocket fuel. It’s likely that they travel through wormholes. It is unlikely that they just travel from point A to point B directly with the same propulsion systems humans are using today. No way.

One thing is for sure: the ships that humans are flying to space with right now are very archaic. Even our fastest fighter jets are using archaic propulsion systems that require substantial rocket fuel...
Or they represent something much stranger than literal aliens flying ships. A control mechanism that's been around for a long time, appearing in many different and sometimes absurd disguises. See Jacques Vallee's alien contact trilogy (Dimensions, Confrontations, Revelations) or one of his earlier books if you can find them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2020, 09:03 PM
 
17,104 posts, read 4,653,109 times
Reputation: 10732
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
I think alien spaceships are possibly non detectable.

The clunky space shuttles that we use today are totally detectable. The ships aliens use move light years faster, swifter, and they do not require rocket fuel. It’s likely that they travel through wormholes. It is unlikely that they just travel from point A to point B directly with the same propulsion systems humans are using today. No way.

One thing is for sure: the ships that humans are flying to space with right now are very archaic. Even our fastest fighter jets are using archaic propulsion systems that require substantial rocket fuel...
Yep, look at what the most advanced fighter jet the US has currently...the F35!


It doesnt hold a candle to what these 'UFOs' can in the skies!


This is also a pretty strong implication that these UFOs are NOT 'experimental or secret military aircraft'. (however, if we started seeing reports of the F35 operating in total silence, hovering in one place, cloaking to make itself invisible to the naked eye, among other things, I may start to think UFOs are experimental military aircraft...but when a nations most advanced fighter jet doesnt even close capability wise, to the UFOs...there is something else going on with these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2020, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,244 posts, read 4,187,809 times
Reputation: 9921
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
Look at this footage here. Of course some claim it was a hoax but I think if I was an alien and had to get back across the universe this is how fast the ship would need to move
And if that were a physical object, it would be displacing a lot of air as it shot up. So where's the sonic boom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top