U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2020, 10:57 AM

18,143 posts, read 22,078,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
And if that were a physical object, it would be displacing a lot of air as it shot up. So where's the sonic boom?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 04:32 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,187,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
I do not know the technicalities of alien space travel but they are going to be moving warp speed. They would travel in wormholes or some kind of gravity vortexes. They do not need rocket fuel
You're missing my point -- volume is volume. It has nothing to do with whatever power source they use. You get sonic booms because an object traveling very fast creates a vacuum behind it, and when the vacuum collapses, you get a loud noise (that's why you get thunder after a lightning strike, by the way - the bolt creates a vacuum, and it's the vacuum collapsing that you hear). Of all the UFO reports I've seen over the decades, I can't recall a single one of the reports talking about a sonic boom when they perform one of their outrageous accelerations. Which is one of the reasons they *can't* be physical objects. I'm working through Jacques Vallee's alien contact trilogy now, and he recounts one well-documented South American close encounter where the object *passes through* trees on the way up without disturbing them. This suggests some sort of projection or illusion rather than a physical object.

Ask Marvin -- Marvin knows!

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstro...-016-DFRC.html

Old 06-17-2020, 09:36 PM

17,104 posts, read 4,653,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
Fascinating and confusing at the same time.

Theres a difference between traveling by air in an aircraft which will create a sonic boom
Compared with Transporting... Aliens are not using aircrafts, they use transporters

Let’s say you want to travel to the Pleiades. Its too far to just travel by air or by space from point A to point B. You would have to Transport some other way like through a wormhole.

There’s no other way.
Interesting theory...I have always wondered, when witnesses mention they see 'football field' sized ships or even stadium sized UFOs...what is all that space used for onboard?

The behavior of these UFOs over the years, points AWAY from them being 'visitors' from some other place imo...their actions point to them 'monitoring' us or conducting an experiment

Last edited by rstevens62; 06-17-2020 at 09:44 PM..

Old 06-18-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
You're missing my point -- volume is volume. It has nothing to do with whatever power source they use. You get sonic booms because an object traveling very fast creates a vacuum behind it, and when the vacuum collapses, you get a loud noise (that's why you get thunder after a lightning strike, by the way - the bolt creates a vacuum, and it's the vacuum collapsing that you hear). Of all the UFO reports I've seen over the decades, I can't recall a single one of the reports talking about a sonic boom when they perform one of their outrageous accelerations. Which is one of the reasons they *can't* be physical objects. I'm working through Jacques Vallee's alien contact trilogy now, and he recounts one well-documented South American close encounter where the object *passes through* trees on the way up without disturbing them. This suggests some sort of projection or illusion rather than a physical object.
Yup. Which is why it's pretty evident that whatever these things are, they are operating with an understanding of physics way beyond ours.

It's one reason I think the "these are top-secret military aircraft" argument doesn't hold much water. That might explain some sightings. It would not explain what I saw or the UFOS described by Vasily. The UFO I saw behaved in a way that is not just a few years or a few decades beyond our current flight capabilities. It defied every law of aerodynamics we know.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Interesting theory...I have always wondered, when witnesses mention they see 'football field' sized ships or even stadium sized UFOs...what is all that space used for onboard?
Who is to say the concept of "onboard" even applies? We are seeing them through the lens of our own historical prejudices. We built craft in order to climb inside them and use the craft to transport us from one place to another. That may have absolutely nothing to do with what UFOs are. How do we know they are craft at all? That's just an assumption on our part, and one based on our own prejudices, not any evidence.

Old 06-18-2020, 05:44 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,187,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yup. Which is why it's pretty evident that whatever these things are, they are operating with an understanding of physics way beyond ours.
Or an understanding of physics from ... elsewhere. Or they're somehow part real physical objects, and part mental projections of some sort whose nature we perceive is filtered through our cultural expectations. Stranger than we can imagine, probably. I tend to side with Vallee on this. He brings up many of the same objections I've made in this group to considering them nuts and bolts aircraft; they're way too strange, and they've been around for many centuries, their nature morphing to match the expectations of the viewers; inhabitants of faerie, demons, steampunk style "airships" in the late 19th century. But there are commonalities across the centuries as well: missing or distorted time, people being zapped with rays or some sort of gas, the offering of food items to the contactees. I don't know what they are any more than Vallee does after his decades of research, but I agree with him that they're not likely to be spaceships from another star.

Quote:
It's one reason I think the "these are top-secret military aircraft" argument doesn't hold much water. That might explain some sightings. It would not explain what I saw or the UFOS described by Vasily. The UFO I saw behaved in a way that is not just a few years or a few decades beyond our current flight capabilities. It defied every law of aerodynamics we know.
I saw two UFOs in the 1960s. The first was at night when I was satellite watching (a popular thing back in those days, when satellites were a relatively new and exciting thing). I saw something that I knew wasn't the satellite I was looking for make a right angle turn. Not a sudden curve, a true right angle turn. This is totally beyond our understanding of how physics work.

The other one was during the day on a weekend; we lived five blocks from the Mississippi and I saw what I thought was a blimp - a silvery oblong object - over the river. It started morphing in strange ways, becoming two objects, then merging again - behavior that's often reported in UFO sightings. Many people in surrounding towns reported seeing this object or objects. The only explanation I can come up with for it is some sort of strange mirage; that would explain the morphing behavior. But people were seeing it from both sides of the river, as I recall - which is not typical for a mirage like the fata morgana.

A few years later, I was in the house during a summer evening and my mother, grandmother, and sisters came running terrified into the house, their eyes wide with fear. They told me something metallic and enormous had passed over the house. By the time I got outside, it was gone. My dad was working in a town up the river, and one night as he returned from work he said he thought he saw a crashed plane in a field so he pulled over. It was a saucer shaped thing, with brightly lighted windows around the rim. He watched it for a few minutes, it didn't do anything so he drove home.

A woman I dated in Zion Crossroads, Virginia told me she had been driving with her ex husband down a country road late one night when they noticed a bright blue light above their car. When they got to their destination, there was a good half hour missing with no explanation for it. Another woman I knew in Chapel Hill, North Carolina read Whitley Streiber's Communion and realized she may have had a close encounter with "aliens". She corresponded with Streiber and other contactees she met through him. Electronics did go crazy around her sometimes; I witnessed car lights flashing as she passed by them as I was walking her to her car one night. It was the damndest thing.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:

Ask Marvin -- Marvin knows!

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstro...-016-DFRC.html
We are just not capable of understanding how their craft operate, its really that simple, its well ABOVE our capability to understand.

I do recognize what you are talking about though, it is very strange, but I think there is technology that can appear to be 100% physical...and at the same time, its 'something else' too, Many reports allude to them being actual physical craft too, they cast shadows, they interact with man made aircraft in the skies (numerous documented incidents over the years).

I was reading about the Cash Landrum incident earlier today, in this case, people were physically harmed due to contact with their craft (it was basically radiation sickness), not sure how this can be explained if they are 'ethereal' or holographic in nature...

Plus, if that were true, and it was some super high tech holographic projection...more people would know about it, Universities and research labs would know about the technological progress as it happens.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I saw two UFOs in the 1960s. The first was at night when I was satellite watching (a popular thing back in those days, when satellites were a relatively new and exciting thing). I saw something that I knew wasn't the satellite I was looking for make a right angle turn. Not a sudden curve, a true right angle turn. This is totally beyond our understanding of how physics work.
That's very similar to what I saw, only the one I saw was in bright daylight.

I was standing in my front yard, watching what at first I thought was a commercial airliner at extreme altitude. I thought this simply because at the distance it had the same whitish coloring and was moving at about the same speed as a commercial airliner.

But I was watching because I found it odd for a few reasons. One, I couldn't see any wings. Just the "cigar" shape. Not impossible. It was at an extreme altitude and could have just been at an angle where the wings weren't discernible. But it wasn't leaving any sort of exhaust trail either. That is unusual for aircraft in our area. And it was COMPLETELY silent. Not just quiet. It wasn't making a sound.

But then as I was watching it made an instant hard angle turn --- probably 100 - 110 degrees --- and shot across the sky on a perfect vector, disappearing in 1/4 of a second or less, all without making a single sound.

We simply do not have aircraft that can move like that, and as Vasily has already pointed out, if we did: Where is the sonic boom? Any "craft" that accelerates like that is going to cause a sonic boom.

So what was it?

I have no idea. It was an unidentified flying object.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That's very similar to what I saw, only the one I saw was in bright daylight.

I was standing in my front yard, watching what at first I thought was a commercial airliner at extreme altitude. I thought this simply because at the distance it had the same whitish coloring and was moving at about the same speed as a commercial airliner.

But I was watching because I found it odd for a few reasons. One, I couldn't see any wings. Just the "cigar" shape. Not impossible. It was at an extreme altitude and could have just been at an angle where the wings weren't discernible. But it wasn't leaving any sort of exhaust trail either. That is unusual for aircraft in our area. And it was COMPLETELY silent. Not just quiet. It wasn't making a sound.

But then as I was watching it made an instant hard angle turn --- probably 100 - 110 degrees --- and shot across the sky on a perfect vector, disappearing in 1/4 of a second or less, all without making a single sound.

We simply do not have aircraft that can move like that, and as Vasily has already pointed out, if we did: Where is the sonic boom? Any "craft" that accelerates like that is going to cause a sonic boom.

So what was it?

I have no idea. It was an unidentified flying object.
The best explanation I have heard for this, is they have some kind of a ' covering' that surrounds their craft, and as it moves forward, the air sort of gets out of the way for it in advance.

Its obviously not something we humans can understand though, would be like trying to explain how my engine works to my cat, (no matter what I did or how I tried to explain it, the cat just isnt capable of understanding this kind of information).

Old 06-19-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
The best explanation I have heard for this, is they have some kind of a ' covering' that surrounds their craft, and as it moves forward, the air sort of gets out of the way for it in advance.
But it is "air getting out of the way" that causes a sonic boom. An object moves so fast that it pushes the air away, causing a vacuum to form behind it. Nature abhors a vacuum. Air rushes back in, causing a magnificent ka-boom.

Whatever is going on with these things, it seems they do not interact with the physical cosmos the way the rest of us do.

Quote:
Its obviously not something we humans can understand though, would be like trying to explain how my engine works to my cat, (no matter what I did or how I tried to explain it, the cat just isnt capable of understanding this kind of information).
Yup. We simply don't have enough evidence to even begin to study this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal