U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 06:27 AM

6,288 posts, read 7,153,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This we can agree on!

But the human race MUST try anything it can too.

I do get the feeling 'Space force' was created for another purpose, I think maybe our govt is aware of a off planet threat and is taking steps to defend itself, it seems like we are being primed, so its not such a HUGE shock when they show up one day.
I think the same way.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...reports-336021
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 09:00 AM

17,114 posts, read 4,664,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Its possible, but then again, if an alien race wanted the public to know of its existence, there is NOTHING any earthly govt could do to hide it!

The fact that the 'aliens' we are dealing with, appear to prefer keeping their identity a secret, I cannot help but think that is significant.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:39 PM

5,256 posts, read 4,191,171 times
Quote:
The fact that the 'aliens' we are dealing with, appear to prefer keeping their identity a secret, I cannot help but think that is significant.
So is the fact that there's typically a strong air of absurdity surrounding contact with the 'aliens'. Sometimes they do tell us where they're from, but the answers tend to be crazy. The things they do often make little sense. And the 'airships' they use tend to reflect the expectations of the observer - read the accounts of the 'airships' in the 1890s in particular. You also see a lot of accounts of encounters with the inhabitants of faerie in past centuries that reflect details in modern accounts of close encounters: missing time, the offering of bread or pancakes, zapping with a weapon or 'gas' causing paralysis, etc. Ditto with the accounts of religious visitations like Fatima. Jacques Vallee thinks these accounts represent some sort of psychological control mechanism (control by whom and for what purposes isn't clear). The late Fr. Seraphim Rose believed the control mechanism was demonic in nature. Both Vallee and Fr. Rose point out that new pseudo-religions have arisen as a result of the manipulation. Whatever the reality of the phenomenon, I tend to side with Vallee and Rose - its not all hallucinations and fakery, but it's likely to be a lot weirder than 'space aliens' flying 'spaceships' around.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:52 PM

4,034 posts, read 1,575,672 times
I've stated my position on this here before: I think it's probable that there are intelligent civilizations in the Universe besides us but we are all too far apart to interact. I don't think our planet has been visited by others, but the common points in the story of the death, disappearance, resurrection/ascent into the heavens of Christ and his claims to be sent by God (we all know the story) and the story of the death/disappearance of Romulus as he was engulfed by clouds & loud noise, then later, temporary reappearance and explanation that he was sent by the gods is worthy of consideration. https://romaoptima.com/blogs/history...ath-of-romulus

Old 06-27-2020, 11:22 PM

17,114 posts, read 4,664,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
So is the fact that there's typically a strong air of absurdity surrounding contact with the 'aliens'. Sometimes they do tell us where they're from, but the answers tend to be crazy. The things they do often make little sense. And the 'airships' they use tend to reflect the expectations of the observer - read the accounts of the 'airships' in the 1890s in particular. You also see a lot of accounts of encounters with the inhabitants of faerie in past centuries that reflect details in modern accounts of close encounters: missing time, the offering of bread or pancakes, zapping with a weapon or 'gas' causing paralysis, etc. Ditto with the accounts of religious visitations like Fatima. Jacques Vallee thinks these accounts represent some sort of psychological control mechanism (control by whom and for what purposes isn't clear). The late Fr. Seraphim Rose believed the control mechanism was demonic in nature. Both Vallee and Fr. Rose point out that new pseudo-religions have arisen as a result of the manipulation. Whatever the reality of the phenomenon, I tend to side with Vallee and Rose - its not all hallucinations and fakery, but it's likely to be a lot weirder than 'space aliens' flying 'spaceships' around.
Yes, back in the 40s and 50s, people that had encounters, always said the 'aliens' told them, they were from the moon, or Venus, Mars, some other planet in our system, (interestingly, this was before mankind could disprove any of those planets held life)...of course, contactees today, report the aliens are now telling them they are from 'some other dimension, another star system...essentially, just more new places that mankind is currently not capable of disproving has life...I wonder what the aliens will say in 200 yrs? Will their origins of their home world change again?!

As much as I hate to say it...I fear they may be demonic.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM

5,256 posts, read 4,191,171 times
Quote:
Yes, back in the 40s and 50s, people that had encounters, always said the 'aliens' told them, they were from the moon, or Venus, Mars, some other planet in our system,
I seem to recall the pilot of one of the 'airships' back in the 1890s said they were from some place in Europe, maybe France.

Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM

3,733 posts, read 3,628,121 times
To say we do not have anti-gravity is a really silly statement since none of us are working in that kind of environment where we would know the truth of the statement, and even if we did, it would be a security leak if it was revealed. So please no more assertions we dont have anti-gravity - it just is not true. People should not believe you (Mark S) or me, they should make up their own minds based on the evidence they see with their own eyes in the space around them.

One of the things we never take into account is that if these aliens come from another dimension, they could be living on the Sun or Venus and it would be a totally different environment than the one we experience or know. In another dimension, the Sun could be a place like earth or any other environment so what they say may actually be the truth, just not in our 3D reality.

I know this sounds weird, but it true, another dimension would be in the same space (as the Sun for example) but would have a totally different character and environment. Many of the effects of UFOs could be as a result of inter-dimensional travel. The changing colours, the morphing into different shapes, the sudden appearance, etc all suggest something which comes in and leaves rather like the experience of a 2D being experiencing a finger tracing a 2D line.

At this stage of our evolution, we really have no idea what these things are and might as well be Gods for all we know about their world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal