U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 06:59 AM

502 posts, read 145,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even though I do believe they exist, I do not believe they have killed many people...I just dont see that, so many details from encounters, the Dogman likes to scare and frighten, and may even bluff charge, but it always veers off at the last moment.

I listened to Josh Turners podcast yesterday, great example, this young guy was sleeping in an old abandoned car out in a junkyard like field (dad mistreated him and he tried to stay away from home as often as possible), he woke up one night to a Dogman trying to get into the car, he watched it for 30 minutes, it tried to OPEN the locked doors, it then tried to bust the glass, it jumped on the roof and began pummeling the back window, after failing to break the glass, it went near the tree line and just crouched down watching the guy in the car. Foolishly the guy thought he could make a dash to another nearby house, so he waited for a little while and then opened the door and ran....as he was almost there, he looked back, (expecting the DM to be right on his heels), it was still sitting by the tree line watching him, and when he got to the house, he looked again and it dashed off into the woods.

**The interesting part about this story is the guy relaying how intelligent the thing was, it knew how car doors worked, it knew glass breaks if you hit it hard enough, strangely though, this is how many DM encounters go, the DM goes to great length to make you think you are going to be ripped apart...but then runs off.
To me this is just another BS made up story like all the others. I have personally punched and kicked out many windows in vehicles. So how by any stretch of the imagination couldn't something several times my size. These type of details that just don't make sense are in every dogman story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 08:33 AM

18,125 posts, read 22,056,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
No one cares.
All evidence to the contrary.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:44 AM

19,762 posts, read 7,756,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I don’t understand how an animal can be considered evil.
Golden and Labrador Retrievers certainly are.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:24 AM

16,969 posts, read 4,611,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
To me this is just another BS made up story like all the others. I have personally punched and kicked out many windows in vehicles. So how by any stretch of the imagination couldn't something several times my size. These type of details that just don't make sense are in every dogman story.
I cannot say I have ever tried to smash out a car window, so Im not sure how easily they break, although I have seen people hitting windshields with a hammer and it takes a while for it to break, to put a hole in it, takes longer.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If they are large and don't eat people, what do they eat?

As far as stories from young men sleeping in old cars; how much can we believe? Many are out there doing drugs and don't want their parents to find out. One story could easily lead to another. If an unknown creature tries to break into a car for half an hour there would be evidence left behind. It is also hard to believe that a human or large animal did not break the glass - while you're telling us how smart it was. But this is just one more story with no evidence.
Well, there have been plenty of reports of people seeing them eating roadkill, and of them stalking deer, depending on the region they are in, its possible there would be enough meat to sustain them.

I dont think drug use is of any significance either, relating to this story, he could not have been sleeping if he was taking any kind of hallucinogen, (anyone who has used these drugs know what im talking about), they tend to keep you awake for the duration, and if it was heroin, he probably wouldnt notice a big DM trying to break in, (or he wouldnt care) LOL

They guy just said his home life wasnt great, his dad didnt treat him good and he tried to avoid being at the house when his dad was there, he would regularly sleep in this car and then go home in the morning, once his dad left for work.

I dont know if its true or not, its just a guy telling about an experience he had when he was younger, (nothing more, nothing less), its up to the individual whether they believe him or not, personally, Im not sure why he would lie about such a thing, he reiterated numerous times how frightened he was, (that is generally not something people like to come out and admit to strangers...that they were extremely scared of something), but it is possible he is making the whole thing up...

Although since this story was on 'Dogman Encounters' show, there would be no monetary gain for anyone to create such a story, all these shows are 100% free to watch online, there is no advertising of any kind, no books for sale, etc.

Old 06-09-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I cannot say I have ever tried to smash out a car window, so Im not sure how easily they break, although I have seen people hitting windshields with a hammer and it takes a while for it to break, to put a hole in it, takes longer.
Windshields are made differently than the other windows. Windshields are made to resist impacts. They have a layer of strong sheeting between 2 layers of glass. The other windows break very easily.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:28 PM

16,365 posts, read 13,131,087 times
Quote:
Well, there have been plenty of reports of people seeing them eating roadkill, and of them stalking deer, depending on the region they are in, its possible there would be enough meat to sustain them.

I dont think drug use is of any significance either, relating to this story, he could not have been sleeping if he was taking any kind of hallucinogen, (anyone who has used these drugs know what im talking about), they tend to keep you awake for the duration, and if it was heroin, he probably wouldnt notice a big DM trying to break in, (or he wouldnt care) LOL

They guy just said his home life wasnt great, his dad didnt treat him good and he tried to avoid being at the house when his dad was there, he would regularly sleep in this car and then go home in the morning, once his dad left for work.

I dont know if its true or not, its just a guy telling about an experience he had when he was younger, (nothing more, nothing less), its up to the individual whether they believe him or not, personally, Im not sure why he would lie about such a thing, he reiterated numerous times how frightened he was, (that is generally not something people like to come out and admit to strangers...that they were extremely scared of something), but it is possible he is making the whole thing up...

Although since this story was on 'Dogman Encounters' show, there would be no monetary gain for anyone to create such a story, all these shows are 100% free to watch online, there is no advertising of any kind, no books for sale, etc.
"Visit the Dogman Encounters Store today! There, you’ll find t-shirts, sweatshirts, and other merchandise." From: https://dogmanencounters.com/. There is always one way or another for most of these claims to make money.

These stories on Dogman Encounters or any other website are simply stories. We have no idea if the story is made up or not. We have no evidence to prove it is real. All we really know for sure is that you have a website that wants to sell us "t-shirts, sweatshirts, and other merchandise". That is real and I am sure they will be pleased with your support!

Old 06-09-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
"Visit the Dogman Encounters Store today! There, you’ll find t-shirts, sweatshirts, and other merchandise." From: https://dogmanencounters.com/. There is always one way or another for most of these claims to make money.

These stories on Dogman Encounters or any other website are simply stories. We have no idea if the story is made up or not. We have no evidence to prove it is real. All we really know for sure is that you have a website that wants to sell us "t-shirts, sweatshirts, and other merchandise". That is real and I am sure they will be pleased with your support!
Don't forget for only $2.99 a month you can be a premium member. He also has a link so you can just straight up give him money.

You can randomly pick any one of his "encounters" and pick out many easy to prove BS statements. This guy is the PT Barnum of mythical creatures.

Old 06-09-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:

Yes, you got me there, I forgot about the Dogman clothing he sells, but I doubt he is making big money from it though, Ive never seen someone in public wearing them.

**And btw, we know for a fact that at least 1 episode was not faked, (south eastern OH resident)...

How many people would go onto a national internet show, and give out their real personal contact information, and go even further, to invite a total stranger over to their house? They would have to be REALLY dedicated to that hoax!!! LOL

Old 06-10-2020, 05:30 AM

16,365 posts, read 13,131,087 times
Quote:
Yes, you got me there, I forgot about the Dogman clothing he sells, but I doubt he is making big money from it though, Ive never seen someone in public wearing them.

**And btw, we know for a fact that at least 1 episode was not faked, (south eastern OH resident)...

How many people would go onto a national internet show, and give out their real personal contact information, and go even further, to invite a total stranger over to their house? They would have to be REALLY dedicated to that hoax!!! LOL
Don't forget that 25% or our people have mental health issues in any given year. Did he/she submit to a psychological examination? Without testing and questioning the reliability of the witness we have nothing. These are stories and our libraries are filled with stories!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or