Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 05:22 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That looks too small and looks like a normal dog to me.
Dogs kill about 39 to 50 people a year in the US. Dogmen kill zero that we know about. Maybe they are either vegetarians or only mythical?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 05:42 PM

249 posts, read 195,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I have no problem believing that all cats are evil.

True fact: If you treat your dog well, your dog LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES you. Your dog would kill and die for you. But no matter how well you treat your cat, if it were five times larger, it would eat you, just for fun.
True fact: currently with their evolution, domesticated dogs kill far more people every year than domesticated cats; check out dogbites.org

BTW: if you treat cats well, they also treat you well. Dogs, not so much according to the statistics.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:32 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
I have no problem believing that all cats are evil.

True fact: If you treat your dog well, your dog LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES you. Your dog would kill and die for you. But no matter how well you treat your cat, if it were five times larger, it would eat you, just for fun.
There are several instances of a family cat coming to the rescue of their owners being attacked. It's a proven fact that some cats would kill and die for their owners and loved ones.
Here is one example of a cat attacking and chasing off a neighbors dog attacking a little boy. The boy had to have stitches and the cat became the family hero.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DVDVVXX

Old 06-08-2020, 07:28 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This might be pictures of the animal: https://oldstersview.wordpress.com/2...-heck-is-this/.
That's it. If you go into Bing and search for "mystery maine beast 2006" you'll find lots of links and images for it. Doesn't look evil, but it's not a doggo I'd care to have in my house.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:31 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNChicago View Post
True fact: currently with their evolution, domesticated dogs kill far more people every year than domesticated cats; check out dogbites.org

BTW: if you treat cats well, they also treat you well. Dogs, not so much according to the statistics.
I totally agree with this! All of our pets have always been part of the family, we had no kids so our cats and dogs got all the attention.

People do like to joke about cats being PURE EVIL, and even though my cat was treated great, if I tried to disturb it when she had made a nest from my comforter and was napping...I would pay for it later! LOL

Old 06-08-2020, 10:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Dogs kill about 39 to 50 people a year in the US. Dogmen kill zero that we know about. Maybe they are either vegetarians or only mythical?

Even though I do believe they exist, I do not believe they have killed many people...I just dont see that, so many details from encounters, the Dogman likes to scare and frighten, and may even bluff charge, but it always veers off at the last moment.

I listened to Josh Turners podcast yesterday, great example, this young guy was sleeping in an old abandoned car out in a junkyard like field (dad mistreated him and he tried to stay away from home as often as possible), he woke up one night to a Dogman trying to get into the car, he watched it for 30 minutes, it tried to OPEN the locked doors, it then tried to bust the glass, it jumped on the roof and began pummeling the back window, after failing to break the glass, it went near the tree line and just crouched down watching the guy in the car. Foolishly the guy thought he could make a dash to another nearby house, so he waited for a little while and then opened the door and ran....as he was almost there, he looked back, (expecting the DM to be right on his heels), it was still sitting by the tree line watching him, and when he got to the house, he looked again and it dashed off into the woods.

**The interesting part about this story is the guy relaying how intelligent the thing was, it knew how car doors worked, it knew glass breaks if you hit it hard enough, strangely though, this is how many DM encounters go, the DM goes to great length to make you think you are going to be ripped apart...but then runs off.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
That's it. If you go into Bing and search for "mystery maine beast 2006" you'll find lots of links and images for it. Doesn't look evil, but it's not a doggo I'd care to have in my house.
Some dog breeds are more bizarre looking than this by far including the English bulldog. The only difference is you're used to seeing an English bulldog so it's no big deal.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:12 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even though I do believe they exist, I do not believe they have killed many people...I just dont see that, so many details from encounters, the Dogman likes to scare and frighten, and may even bluff charge, but it always veers off at the last moment.

I listened to Josh Turners podcast yesterday, great example, this young guy was sleeping in an old abandoned car out in a junkyard like field (dad mistreated him and he tried to stay away from home as often as possible), he woke up one night to a Dogman trying to get into the car, he watched it for 30 minutes, it tried to OPEN the locked doors, it then tried to bust the glass, it jumped on the roof and began pummeling the back window, after failing to break the glass, it went near the tree line and just crouched down watching the guy in the car. Foolishly the guy thought he could make a dash to another nearby house, so he waited for a little while and then opened the door and ran....as he was almost there, he looked back, (expecting the DM to be right on his heels), it was still sitting by the tree line watching him, and when he got to the house, he looked again and it dashed off into the woods.

**The interesting part about this story is the guy relaying how intelligent the thing was, it knew how car doors worked, it knew glass breaks if you hit it hard enough, strangely though, this is how many DM encounters go, the DM goes to great length to make you think you are going to be ripped apart...but then runs off.
If they are large and don't eat people, what do they eat?

As far as stories from young men sleeping in old cars; how much can we believe? Many are out there doing drugs and don't want their parents to find out. One story could easily lead to another. If an unknown creature tries to break into a car for half an hour there would be evidence left behind. It is also hard to believe that a human or large animal did not break the glass - while you're telling us how smart it was. But this is just one more story with no evidence.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:06 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Hey, thanks everyone. I made a bet that if I made a snarky tongue-in-cheek crack about cats, within 24 hours I would have people rushing to defend their precious kitties. I win!

And by the way ...

Pope Francis Confirms Cats Still Going To Hell | EOTT LLC

Quote:
Pope Francis Confirms Cats Still Going To Hell
DECEMBER 12, 2014

Pope Francis continues to show he’s not your average pope. During a public appearance this afternoon, Francis attempted to comfort a girl whose cat had died, saying, “One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures. All of them except for cats. In that case, little girl, the only way you will see your cat again is if you reject God’s grace and end up in hell.”

The Pope’s comment has reignited a debate on the subject, with the Humane Society saying that if Pope Francis believes animals have souls, then “we ought to seriously consider how we treat them,” a representative said. “We have to admit that all animals, save for cats, panda bears, and sloths are sentient beings, and they mean something to God.”

Old 06-09-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Hey, thanks everyone. I made a bet that if I made a snarky tongue-in-cheek crack about cats, within 24 hours I would have people rushing to defend their precious kitties. I win!

And by the way ...

Pope Francis Confirms Cats Still Going To Hell | EOTT LLC
No one cares. This thread wasn't about cats going to hell or heaven. Try to pay attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal