U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2020, 10:42 PM
 
16,984 posts, read 4,611,645 times
Reputation: 10677

Advertisements

I cannot remember the last time I talked to her, its been a fairly long time, so I was surprised to see her on my caller ID, Turns out, the only reason she called me was because she thought I may be interested to hear about an incident that happened to her nephews wife recently.


His wife and his brothers family went to New Orleans for a long weekend, Her nephew is a pilot in the Air Force and was not with them, they were at a restaurant and nephews wife (Angie), ran out during the meal to get something out of the car, she was going to come right back in, the others waited for a little while and then got worried so his brothers wife, went out to see if she was OK, ( I cannot remember his brothers wifes name)...this is where it gets weird...


she went out and walked toward their car, she saw that some guy was talking to Angie as they stood beside the car, apparently she called her name a couple times, to see whats going on, and Angie didnt answer, as she got closer, she said this guy was leaning in towards Angie, (sort of like he was going to hug her)...as she got to the car, she saw the guys face and mouth open...she says he had a row of 'jagged sharp teeth, that were conical in shape, and as soon as saw this, and was right next to them, the guy shoots up straight into the air and disappears.


Angie does not remember any of this though, the last thing she remembered was walking out to the car, and then seeing 'brothers wife' standing next to her.


After seeing Angie in such a confused state, the other wife decides to call police, just to be safe, ( ex wife assumed she thought Angie may been slipped a drug or something), the police get there and they are explaining what happened, the cops ask if this guy was tall, and if he had amber colored eyes....other wife says YES, that is the guy...supposedly the 2 cops told them this guy was a real vampire! Ex wife says they didnt really believe the cops, but they did start talking to more people in the area and they claim this is a known thing within New Orleans, (not talking about the 'psychic vampires' or kids who file their teeth down and dress in goth... real, as in having fang like teeth, and supernatural abilities).



I do know both of these ladies, Angie is a elementary school teacher, their marriage is a good one, they are very happy together, the other brothers wife still works in IT I assume.



Surprisingly, when I was married to my ex wife and we visited her family, they all thought I was crazy (for some of my beliefs, (UFOs, Bigfoot...didnt know about Dogman then!), NONE of them believed in any of this stuff, its very odd to hear such a story involving those two


I didnt know what to think of this, Im not surprised my ex wife contacted me to tell me the story though, she is well aware that I like things like this, I did tell her, that I didnt think I had ever heard a 'real vampire' encounter before.



Im probably not going to contact the two ladies to inquire further about this, its been years since Ive talked to them, if they told my ex wife that is what happened, I will take her word for it...it doesnt mean I believe it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2020, 12:44 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
16,370 posts, read 13,131,087 times
Reputation: 12317
Unfortunately you have just another story with the key witness that will not verify what your ex-wife told you. You could call the other two women to verify the story of your ex-wife. Is there any chance your ex-wife holds a grudge or would evolve you in a hoax? You say it has been a really long time since you last talked; was or were there any hostilities when you broke up?

I presume from your story that the third woman did not witness any of this other than the police response? I would be careful not to be dragged into a story that might not be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2020, 04:29 AM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
3,739 posts, read 2,795,896 times
Reputation: 4084
So, youre saying, it was......Dogman?

Sounds like Angie was stepping out on her old man to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2020, 08:36 PM
 
16,984 posts, read 4,611,645 times
Reputation: 10677
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Unfortunately you have just another story with the key witness that will not verify what your ex-wife told you. You could call the other two women to verify the story of your ex-wife. Is there any chance your ex-wife holds a grudge or would evolve you in a hoax? You say it has been a really long time since you last talked; was or were there any hostilities when you broke up?

I presume from your story that the third woman did not witness any of this other than the police response? I would be careful not to be dragged into a story that might not be true.
My ex wife doesnt HATE me, but she doesnt care for me that much either, not really any hostilities between us, She is in a really good relationship with this guy, they have been together for around 7 yrs, Ive met him once, they truly do love each other and are best friends....when I was married to her...we were not best friends, In a way I think my ex wife wishes we would have divorced sooner, so she could have gotten on with her life sooner...I agree here, neither of us was happy those last few months.


I have apologized to her for the things I did though, I was in a different mind set in those days, Ive matured a lot since then and I do regret doing things behind her back. She suspected I was seeing another female (and I was), and she had a pretty good idea who it was, (she was right), it was this girl who worked at one of the stores, I was 34 or 35 yrs old when I met her and she was 22, we hit it off right away, and I liked the idea of being with someone younger, it felt like the times when my wife and I just started dating, everything was fresh and new, it was exciting!


I dont think this is a scheme of hers though, so Im not sure how she could attempt to get me involved in it, I havent talked to any of them in many years, I think my ex wife just heard the word 'vampire' and automatically thought I would be interested, (she is WELL aware of my interest in cryptids LOL)


Im not going to call either of these women, but I do know some people that go to New Orleans here and there, Id rather talk to them and see what they have to say, I know there a lot of pop culture interest in vampires in New Orleans, (associated with the Anne Rice characters), I dont know if people there believe in REAL 'supernatural type' vampires though...I kind of doubt it...


One reason being, Ive never come across a 'vampire sighting/encounter' that sounded legitimate, basically, if people were going to fake vampire encounters, Im POSITIVE, New Orleans would be the location where they come from!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2020, 08:47 PM
 
16,984 posts, read 4,611,645 times
Reputation: 10677
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
So, youre saying, it was......Dogman?

Sounds like Angie was stepping out on her old man to me.
Thats also what I suspected...I think they came up with the vampire story just to muddy the details up a little bit, how convenient, Angie was a 'trance like state'!


It is strange coming from these women though, this doesnt sound like something either would ever try to fake, (they are not interested in it and dont really give it much thought)...IDK?


It would take a WHOLE LOT more to convince me that real vampires exist!!! Honestly I did have a tough time believing the Dogman thing when I first heard about it...but as I read more and more and more reports, and encounters, from places other than MI, WI, IL...I began to wonder if something that looks like a stereotypical werewolf, is out there today.


So basically, when lots of people, (from different areas) all tell of similar experiences, and the details match so well, and they are credible respectable people...it makes you re think it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2020, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
16,370 posts, read 13,131,087 times
Reputation: 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
My ex wife doesnt HATE me, but she doesnt care for me that much either, not really any hostilities between us, She is in a really good relationship with this guy, they have been together for around 7 yrs, Ive met him once, they truly do love each other and are best friends....when I was married to her...we were not best friends, In a way I think my ex wife wishes we would have divorced sooner, so she could have gotten on with her life sooner...I agree here, neither of us was happy those last few months.


I have apologized to her for the things I did though, I was in a different mind set in those days, Ive matured a lot since then and I do regret doing things behind her back. She suspected I was seeing another female (and I was), and she had a pretty good idea who it was, (she was right), it was this girl who worked at one of the stores, I was 34 or 35 yrs old when I met her and she was 22, we hit it off right away, and I liked the idea of being with someone younger, it felt like the times when my wife and I just started dating, everything was fresh and new, it was exciting!


I dont think this is a scheme of hers though, so Im not sure how she could attempt to get me involved in it, I havent talked to any of them in many years, I think my ex wife just heard the word 'vampire' and automatically thought I would be interested, (she is WELL aware of my interest in cryptids LOL)


Im not going to call either of these women, but I do know some people that go to New Orleans here and there, Id rather talk to them and see what they have to say, I know there a lot of pop culture interest in vampires in New Orleans, (associated with the Anne Rice characters), I dont know if people there believe in REAL 'supernatural type' vampires though...I kind of doubt it...


One reason being, Ive never come across a 'vampire sighting/encounter' that sounded legitimate, basically, if people were going to fake vampire encounters, Im POSITIVE, New Orleans would be the location where they come from!
Maybe your ex was just using something she thought you might be interested in to see how you were doing? It is hard to know what is up with that story without more information. But that is the problem with all stories; they remain stories without evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2020, 08:45 AM
 
16,984 posts, read 4,611,645 times
Reputation: 10677
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Maybe your ex was just using something she thought you might be interested in to see how you were doing? It is hard to know what is up with that story without more information. But that is the problem with all stories; they remain stories without evidence.
Yes, that is possible, after she told me about that, she did ask how I was and what I was up to these days, we talked for a little while.


I am friends with the 2 wives on FB, Ive thought about messaging them, (just to hear it from them), but Im not sure I even want to do that... I dont believe there are REAL supernatural type vampires anyway, (if I did, I might be more inclined to dig deeper).


*However, it would get me talking to them again, and I have been wanting to ask Angies husband about UFOs, since he is an active duty AF pilot, ( I just want to ask him if they are trained in anyway relating to UFOs/UAPs), I think he would be honest with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2020, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Loudon, TN
7,070 posts, read 5,695,624 times
Reputation: 24335
It doesn't make much sense for a woman who might be "stepping out" to do it in a place she is visiting with a pack of relatives. If she happened to run into an ex, or a guy she was seeing, out in the street outside a restaurant filled with family, I would think she would tell him to get out of there before anyone sees him, and hopefully not by levitating into the sky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2020, 09:41 PM
 
16,984 posts, read 4,611,645 times
Reputation: 10677
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
It doesn't make much sense for a woman who might be "stepping out" to do it in a place she is visiting with a pack of relatives. If she happened to run into an ex, or a guy she was seeing, out in the street outside a restaurant filled with family, I would think she would tell him to get out of there before anyone sees him, and hopefully not by levitating into the sky!
The more I think about it, the less I think she was 'stepping out' on her husband, that just isnt how they are, they are fairly religious, do not drink or drug, VERY conservative people, plus she is married to a fighter pilot! Not exactly the boring executive type, that pushes the wife into the arms of another. lol


I guarantee, if my ex mother in law has heard about this, she has labelled it a 'demon', this lady would not even have a regular desktop computer in her house, because she believed 'demons' used the internet to move around and enter into peoples homes! She refused to get a cell phone because of that too. I havent seen or talked to her in many years, she has to be in her mid 90s now, Im sure she is still the same way too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2020, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
16,370 posts, read 13,131,087 times
Reputation: 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The more I think about it, the less I think she was 'stepping out' on her husband, that just isnt how they are, they are fairly religious, do not drink or drug, VERY conservative people, plus she is married to a fighter pilot! Not exactly the boring executive type, that pushes the wife into the arms of another. lol


I guarantee, if my ex mother in law has heard about this, she has labelled it a 'demon', this lady would not even have a regular desktop computer in her house, because she believed 'demons' used the internet to move around and enter into peoples homes! She refused to get a cell phone because of that too. I havent seen or talked to her in many years, she has to be in her mid 90s now, Im sure she is still the same way too.
You are keeping this story going by telling more stories. They are all assumptions without any evidence. You assumed that, when you originally married your ex, that you would be together forever - you were wrong. You know what they say when we assume!

Even assuming about the one married to a fighter pilot; that is not always the case: https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/726...-up-rocks.html. Even being a pastor does not mean you're immune from divorce: https://brewright.blogspot.com/2008/...s-pastors.html. Of course they are only statistics about divorce and not on how many cheat on each other.

What I am saying is, without verifying anything or looking for evidence; is that you turn a story into your reality. What do you do when you go to a library?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top