U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:45 AM

16,405 posts, read 13,175,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
OK...great. I found Brave to be superb! I hope it works for you.
They recommend the DuckDuckGo search engine (https://duckduckgo.com/?va=z&t=hr). I don't have any problems with that. I have used it when Google conveniently 'forgets' the answers we want to see. So far it looks like Brave and DuckDuckGo are a good team! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 06:29 AM

205 posts, read 91,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
They recommend the DuckDuckGo search engine (https://duckduckgo.com/?va=z&t=hr). I don't have any problems with that. I have used it when Google conveniently 'forgets' the answers we want to see. So far it looks like Brave and DuckDuckGo are a good team! Thank you!
You're welcome...!!!!

Old 06-26-2020, 08:04 AM

13,044 posts, read 14,483,060 times
Great thread here and lots of good suggestions!

I thought it was just me having this adblocker problem! I usually end up posting a youtube video because it's a total P.I.T.A. to find a credible website that allows you to proceed and actually read the content without disabling or subscribing.

That happens alot on here with many of the links I see people sharing in threads. I mean, I wanted to read it, but oh well...lol

Old Today, 05:33 PM

4,469 posts, read 2,520,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We have allowed advertisers like Taboola to destroy what used to be the news. Plus many websites will not permit you to visit if you keep your AdBlock on. It gets harder everyday to avoid this mess that we allowed these companies to create. I do not understand why a company thinks that it can sell when all they create are ill feelings for their advertisements. If I see the word "Next" I immediately leave the site. No information is worth me waiting my time. Plus we can usually work around those websites by simply using Google.

What we do need is legislation to limit this activity. Which links on City Data is the OP complaining about? Is this a new trend?
When I encounter one that blocks me because I'm using an ad blocker, I close it out immediately unless I really, really want to see what they wrote. And such a situation is very rare. If the ads weren't so intrusive, I wouldn't mind so much, but once you whitelist a site sometimes it's hard to find the story because there are so many ads, and ads with popups, on the page. I can do without the site.

Old Today, 07:50 PM

3,736 posts, read 3,628,972 times
Be thankful you have the choice to see or visit these websites or not.

Some folk have to accept the decision made for them. I cannot fathom some of these decisions and why the sites are blocked. (I know, I know, it was my choice to live in that kind of environment)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal