U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 03:45 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,236,685 times

Advertisements

There were tons of flying saucer sightings during the 1950's era. I don't know what they were, and I doubt anyone else does.
It's odd how sightings of the classic saucer shape all but faded away .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 06:43 PM

16,471 posts, read 10,621,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
There were tons of flying saucer sightings during the 1950's era. I don't know what they were, and I doubt anyone else does.
There are more sightings right after nukes were used that's why. We haven't used nukes above ground for a long time.

Whenever there's some kind of nuclear catastrophe like Chernobyl or Fukushima there has been reported UFO sightings.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:57 PM

1,996 posts, read 375,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Not sure what people expect to find there.
The beginnings of the end of "humankind".

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
It may better to be alone. An alien civilization that has the technology to travel millions of light years to our world may view humankind as so primitive and unworthy that they might exterminate us in the same way we rid ourselves of insects and pests.
They have been testing us all along. The aliens have probably been walking among us all the time. Most likely using "our technology" against us, and observing our reactions. They've done a good job at mind control around the work. Look at all those people hooked on cellphones & social media. With those mindless souls an alien invasion would be a no win situation for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have a feeling, they originate right here on this planet.
They are either in the depths of the ocean, deep underground, or some other 'location' that is inaccessible to humans.
Who do you think controls the storms and other "natural disasters". They use those as tests to see our responses to danger. Sure we learn how to better respond, but so do they.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:33 AM

17,089 posts, read 4,643,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
If you go to NUFORC or MUFON, you will see the classic saucer shape is still one of the most reported shapes of UFOs today!

Behavior, and aircraft capabilities are identical to reports decades ago as well.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
The beginnings of the end of "humankind".

They have been testing us all along. The aliens have probably been walking among us all the time. Most likely using "our technology" against us, and observing our reactions. They've done a good job at mind control around the work. Look at all those people hooked on cellphones & social media. With those mindless souls an alien invasion would be a no win situation for us.

Who do you think controls the storms and other "natural disasters". They use those as tests to see our responses to danger. Sure we learn how to better respond, but so do they.
Im not sure I agree with you on these points, what could they possibly want here, bad enough to 'invade'?

They have been here for 100s if not 1000s of years already...if there was something they wanted, why have they not just taken it? There would be no need for them to stage an invasion anyway, (we are not a threat to them in anyway shape or form), in fact, I presume we are nothing more than an annoyance, kind of like flies and mosquitoes are annoyances to us...we just deal with them, we do not mount invasions against them though, or even seek to eradicate them from the planet.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:02 AM

2,764 posts, read 4,898,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
President Trump's administration has been the most transparent in our lifetimes. I believe that he'll provide complete information before he leaves office.
hahaha, yeah for sure- I will wait on the edge of my seat for him to release this just as he was so transparent about everything else he has been up to.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:05 AM

I went back and re read the article again and this statement caught my attention...

"DOD is releasing the videos in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos."

This is a strange thing for the DOD spokesperson to say, they were concerned that the public didnt believe the videos were real? What!?

Old 06-22-2020, 11:15 AM

7,113 posts, read 5,713,987 times
Too much sci-fi stuff here. I personally would love it if SOMEONE, anyone, whom we can TRUST would tour Roswell completely and relay to us that there is nothing there that is extraterrestrial in nature, just so people could quit obsessing over Roswell.

Why would a civilization advanced enough to travel through space (and possibly time) need anything we have on this planet? Is there something here that they couldn't get at any of the trillions of other planets in the universe?

There are 100-400 BILLION stars in just our galaxy, and there are over 100 BILLION galaxies in the universe that we can see via the Hubble telescope, and that view is limited by our present technology, so how many planets do you think there are? The likelihood of any other form of intelligent life reaching out to our measly little planet in our tiny corner of one out of those over 10-40 billion trillion solar systems is infinitesimal. The fact that they would have to somehow find us in space and time, and have the technology to co-exist with us in this space/time is a bridge too far for me. If they have those advanced capabilities they don't need slaves, or the resources we have here that are the same as the resources on trillions of other worlds.

Whatever they are seeing is either of this earth (our government, or some other one, or some mysterious scientific cabal ), or is possibly some sort of anomaly in the electro-magnetic spectrum causing visual and/or radar "bogies".

Last edited by TheShadow; 06-22-2020 at 11:38 AM..

Old 06-22-2020, 12:07 PM

4,620 posts, read 3,492,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
It may better to be alone. An alien civilization that has the technology to travel millions of light years to our world may view humankind as so primitive and unworthy that they might exterminate us in the same way we rid ourselves of insects and pests.

I would like to believe that an alien species so advanced would have the knowledge and skills to be able to discern differences within a comparative primitive species and perhaps carry out a selective extermination rather than a full extermination. It would be nice if such an alien species was driven by logic and rationality and choose to preserve some of us that mirrored such standards.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:09 PM

14,667 posts, read 3,959,763 times
I bet Trump will reveal the existence of aliens and our contact with them at the end of his second term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or