U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 01:31 AM

3,727 posts, read 3,624,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62
Im not sure I agree with you on these points, what could they possibly want here, bad enough to 'invade'?
I used to belong to a "group" that claimed that Earth was in a special place and was like a central position. In the centre of many highways and was an important place to control. Hence the fighting over Earth by different alien groups.

It does not have to be as mundane as needing our piece of dirt for resources - water, gold, humans, whatever, it could be due to its unique position or due to some other property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow
Whatever they are seeing is either of this earth (our government, or some other one, or some mysterious scientific cabal ), or is possibly some sort of anomaly in the electro-magnetic spectrum causing visual and/or radar "bogies".
Clearly some of it is physical in nature as it leaves behind physical proof such as holes in the ground, holes in the clouds, etc and people claim physical abductions and resultant marks on their body.

I dont think anyone is independent enough and credentialled enough to be believable - even the President. Most of what we hear nowadays is given to us by authority figures (chief medical officers, chief scientists, etc) and some of it is plainly propaganda and lies. Trump has done his fair share of that too. Basically, it is getting difficult to believe anyone which is why so many people do not believe the governments of the world are telling us the truth.

Yes, some of it could be partly in some other dimension if the technology is that far advanced over our own. However, there have been very physical things which need to be physical in our universe for us to touch and feel them. Anything else could be like a ghost to us. Ghosts can manifest into our reality so why not super advanced aliens too.

The crash at Roswell found bits and pieces which were picked up. That means it was physical. I believe the first news report of it being a saucer NOT a weather balloon. I think there are enough people on that base who know what a weather balloon looked like in those days. A weather balloon does not spread itself over a large area when it comes down either. We also have the reports of military interference (heavy handedness, etc) in the area after the event which suggests something which needs to be covered up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan
I would like to believe that an alien species so advanced would have the knowledge and skills to be able to discern differences within a comparative primitive species and perhaps carry out a selective extermination rather than a full extermination. It would be nice if such an alien species was driven by logic and rationality and choose to preserve some of us that mirrored such standards.
If you ask me, we all need to be cleared out and the whole thing started again. A reboot. Like the 3 times previously when only a few have been left alive to repopulate. Yes, there are some good people out there, but it really depends on the scientific criteria under which this experiment is being run. Have we gone too far? Are we out of control? Is the experiment a failure? If so the reboot and re-run.

Anyway, something needs to be redone as we are totally out of control and messing up the planet. Maybe this virus will provoke a revolutional change across the world, or maybe it does need some external threat to make us see the beauty we are losing by our uncaring actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 08:50 AM

13,017 posts, read 14,471,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Actually, when he made the comment, that the information has has about Roswell is 'interesting'...that in itself may be enough to land him in hot water.

He is implying (subtly of course), that there is something to the Roswell conspiracy theory after all.
I don't know, I stopped listening to Donald Trump a long time ago....lol

I think he's just trying to sound self-important by being vague, and appeal to a certain audience, as if he actually knows something simply by calling it "interesting".

Talk is cheap.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:10 AM

18,143 posts, read 22,075,938 times
Quote:
I do believe presidents are made aware of this (among other secrets) when they win the election, I doubt they tell them every detail about it, probably just the bullet point basics, and how it could be relevant to world politics today.
I don't know. I'm more skeptical. Presidents are temps. I doubt that upper management trusts the temps with the long-term secrets. And I think it's been this way since at least the end of WWII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-jvHynP9Y

That said, I'm equally skeptical that anyone in the government is keeping the Real Knowledge of UFOs secret. I think they're just as baffled as the rest of us.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:42 AM

7,119 posts, read 5,713,987 times
There's no reason to believe that the junk found spread in the desert near Roswell was anything other than a failed flight of a surveillance device, or other US military asset, that crashed. Of course the gov't/military would want to hide that, especially in that Cold War era. Perhaps it might have contained technologies that they didn't want exposed to the public or foreign (enemy) governments. So they cleaned up their mess and hauled it off to the base. And decades later people are still puzzled by it all. Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is usually correct.

It's similar to the networks of surveillance (spy) satellites that various governments have placed in orbit to observe other countries' nuclear tests and movement of military assets. They often claim that they are for communications or GPS, but they're a spy network, and all the big military powers have them. In 1947 though, they didn't have that sort of launch capability, so high altitude "weather balloons" carried the surveillance equipment.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
There's no reason to believe that the junk found spread in the desert near Roswell was anything other than a failed flight of a surveillance device, or other US military asset, that crashed. Of course the gov't/military would want to hide that, especially in that Cold War era. Perhaps it might have contained technologies that they didn't want exposed to the public or foreign (enemy) governments. So they cleaned up their mess and hauled it off to the base. And decades later people are still puzzled by it all. Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is usually correct.
I'm skeptical that aliens crashed at Roswell simply because I've never seen any compelling evidence that gets deeper than your usual urban legend.

That being said ... Occam's Razor is all-too-often invoked and over-simplified when science has shown it to be a rather dull razor time and again. Simplicity isn't always right.

https://nesslabs.com/occams-razor#:~...eory.%E2%80%9D

Old 06-24-2020, 09:55 AM

17,104 posts, read 4,647,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't know. I'm more skeptical. Presidents are temps. I doubt that upper management trusts the temps with the long-term secrets. And I think it's been this way since at least the end of WWII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-jvHynP9Y

That said, I'm equally skeptical that anyone in the government is keeping the Real Knowledge of UFOs secret. I think they're just as baffled as the rest of us.
Can you list some 'secrets' that other presidents have let slip to the public? Doesnt have to be related to UFOs or aliens either.

Look at the remaining JFK classified docs...how LONG were these secrets kept totally secure and safe within the Govt? God knows how many people have come and gone in those depts since that time!

I believe our govt knows much more about these UFOs than they let on, its common for Govts to keep secrets related to national security, Ive posted declassified docs on here that have Govt agencies investigating them at the poles, they claim to have taken video and pictures of them entering our atmosphere over the poles.

However, if you are right and the govt knows NOTHING about them...this is MUCH MUCH more frightening!!

Old 06-24-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Can you list some 'secrets' that other presidents have let slip to the public? Doesnt have to be related to UFOs or aliens either.
Watergate, Iran/Contra, Monica Lewinsky, the Whiskey Ring ... U.S. Presidents are notoriously unreliable in keeping secrets, even their own. Which is one reason why I find it hard to believe they are "in the know" about everything. Again, the President is just a temp.

Quote:
However, if you are right and the govt knows NOTHING about them...this is MUCH MUCH more frightening!!
I don't think they know nothing. I think they know what we know: UFOs exist. What they might be ... ? Who knows?

I think the overwhelming majority of sightings can be explained by military or civilian aircraft, weather phenomenon, overactive imaginations, hoaxes, etc. But I do know there are some that just can't be explained, because I myself have seen one. What it might have been ... ? Who knows. I'm reasonably confident it wasn't the Russians, the Chinese, or the Reptiloids from the Hollow Earth. It was an unidentified flying object.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:15 PM

7,119 posts, read 5,713,987 times
Quote:
I'm skeptical that aliens crashed at Roswell simply because I've never seen any compelling evidence that gets deeper than your usual urban legend.

That being said ... Occam's Razor is all-too-often invoked and over-simplified when science has shown it to be a rather dull razor time and again. Simplicity isn't always right.

https://nesslabs.com/occams-razor#:~...eory.%E2%80%9D
That's why I said the simplest answer is USUALLY correct. I didn't say always. But if the simplest answer makes the most sense, and there is no real evidence to point to which actually refutes it, than until such evidence, or at least an equally rational alternative is proposed, I revert to the simplest explanation. One can certainly posit an alternative theory, but then you need to back that theory up with something.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:39 PM

3,727 posts, read 3,624,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow
That's why I said the simplest answer is USUALLY correct. I didn't say always. But if the simplest answer makes the most sense, and there is no real evidence to point to which actually refutes it, than until such evidence, or at least an equally rational alternative is proposed, I revert to the simplest explanation. One can certainly posit an alternative theory, but then you need to back that theory up with something.
It really depends on what you are trying to 'prove' with 'evidence'.

"Something" is easy to prove by circumstancial evidence and sightings from reliable witnesses. So if you are a science-type, define your terms more accurately.

The simplest explanation is often the one with the most eye witnesses to the event. Not all will get it correct of course, but it is a better starting place than nothing at all. It is likely that one of your 'something's happened for them to report it. Whatever it turns out to be.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:13 PM

17,104 posts, read 4,647,974 times
Quote:
Watergate, Iran/Contra, Monica Lewinsky, the Whiskey Ring ... U.S. Presidents are notoriously unreliable in keeping secrets, even their own. Which is one reason why I find it hard to believe they are "in the know" about everything. Again, the President is just a temp.

I don't think they know nothing. I think they know what we know: UFOs exist. What they might be ... ? Who knows?

I think the overwhelming majority of sightings can be explained by military or civilian aircraft, weather phenomenon, overactive imaginations, hoaxes, etc. But I do know there are some that just can't be explained, because I myself have seen one. What it might have been ... ? Who knows. I'm reasonably confident it wasn't the Russians, the Chinese, or the Reptiloids from the Hollow Earth. It was an unidentified flying object.
The thing with experimental military aircraft...its not going to be THAT beyond current aviation technology.( You can look at the history of experimental military aircraft to confirm this)..however, these 'UFOs' people are reporting, are 100s of years beyond anything in our stable!

This is in regards to the tic tac incident only, with this one, we have the Pentagon itself, releasing video of the aircraft (without a theory on what it is), which is strange for the Pentagon to do, usually they will try to claim its flares or military lights, etc... according to what the Pentagons spokesperson said, they wanted to ensure everyone knew the videos were real. (that is HIGHLY strange in my book, especially for the Pentagon!)

**This has me wondering if the DOD may have some secret holographic UFO invasion scenario, ready to be shown to the public, Its sounds CRAZY, I know, but when they release videos to ensure everyone knows UFO videos are real...something strange is going on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or