Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 06:59 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,443,737 times

Advertisements

On June 15th I was sitting on my porch and noticed something unusual - at least unusual for my yard.

A small grey rabbit hopped up to my lawn and stood very still. For at least 4-5 minutes. THEN, a second identical rabbit hopped up beside him or her. They just sat there. I watched, transfixed with their cuteness. They usually run away so quickly.

Later on, I realized it was my father's birthday. He bought me a grey and white Dutch rabbit for Easter and he always found them sweet and peaceful. Still, later, I realized that it was my parent's anniversary. Both have passed.

Today a bright red cardinal appeared on the roof of my porch. It was the first thing I saw when I awakened.
Like the rabbits, it stood still. I watched until the beautiful creature flies away in a flurry of crimson.

We have a bird feeder, but we only use it in the winter months. Our usual customers are sparrows.

Sure, I can Google it. Pretty much 3/4 of CD questions can be Googled. However, we are here to get individual opinions.

As usual, if you just think I saw two rodents and a bird, YES - I did, and I know that. I am seeking answers from spiritually-minded people, only.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 09:47 AM

17,339 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
On June 15th I was sitting on my porch and noticed something unusual - at least unusual for my yard.

A small grey rabbit hopped up to my lawn and stood very still. For at least 4-5 minutes. THEN, a second identical rabbit hopped up beside him or her. They just sat there. I watched, transfixed with their cuteness. They usually run away so quickly.

Later on, I realized it was my father's birthday. He bought me a grey and white Dutch rabbit for Easter and he always found them sweet and peaceful. Still, later, I realized that it was my parent's anniversary. Both have passed.

Today a bright red cardinal appeared on the roof of my porch. It was the first thing I saw when I awakened.
Like the rabbits, it stood still. I watched until the beautiful creature flies away in a flurry of crimson.

We have a bird feeder, but we only use it in the winter months. Our usual customers are sparrows.

Sure, I can Google it. Pretty much 3/4 of CD questions can be Googled. However, we are here to get individual opinions.

As usual, if you just think I saw two rodents and a bird, YES - I did, and I know that. I am seeking answers from spiritually-minded people, only.

Thank you.
Don't have answers for you but thought you'd like to know that rabbits are not rodents.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:51 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Probably not what you are looking for, but there really are 'random events' in the world. Nothing spiritual, except from the 'spirit' witnessing the event.

Animals have lives too. They do things without simply being used as 'familiars' by witches, or spirits sending messages.

For rabbits to remain still is a common occurrence. Defensive even. If they remain still and blend with their surroundings, a predator might not see them, or get distracted away from them. Whether you would eat them or not, when they look at you, they see a predator. Rabbits sacrifice. They are the common sustenance of so many creatures.

Among several tribes in North America, rabbits are tricksters. They teach us a lesson. Did the experience leave you feeling like you learned something? Probably not, although they obviously triggered a past memory that involved someone you probably loved.

Birds fly high. Some see them as messengers that can deliver our prayers closer to god/gods. There is a bird that can actually enter the great void, where our creator dwells. It's not a cardinal, however. Crimson - male of the species. The brilliant red is to distract predators away from the females and chicks. It also helps them attract mates. Red is a power color. It represents blood, our body's life fluid.

If you weren't praying then chances are the bird was simply living its life and you happened to notice. Maybe it noticed you noticing and sat still for a short bit to see what the creature noticing it was going to do, if anything.

Maybe you are at a point in your life when you are getting closer to the Earth again. We all seem naturally close to the Earth as babies and children, but then we are distracted away from it. You are witnessing its beauty, some of which triggers memories, and you are at a time and place where you can appreciate it all. To notice and wonder is a sign of not being all wrapped up in yourself. Perhaps, the spirituality you sense is awakening - or reawakening - in you.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 06-20-2020 at 10:03 AM..

Old 06-21-2020, 12:51 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Probably not what you are looking for, but there really are 'random events' in the world. Nothing spiritual, except from the 'spirit' witnessing the event.

Animals have lives too. They do things without simply being used as 'familiars' by witches, or spirits sending messages.

For rabbits to remain still is a common occurrence. Defensive even. If they remain still and blend with their surroundings, a predator might not see them, or get distracted away from them. Whether you would eat them or not, when they look at you, they see a predator. Rabbits sacrifice. They are the common sustenance of so many creatures.

Among several tribes in North America, rabbits are tricksters. They teach us a lesson. Did the experience leave you feeling like you learned something? Probably not, although they obviously triggered a past memory that involved someone you probably loved.

Birds fly high. Some see them as messengers that can deliver our prayers closer to god/gods. There is a bird that can actually enter the great void, where our creator dwells. It's not a cardinal, however. Crimson - male of the species. The brilliant red is to distract predators away from the females and chicks. It also helps them attract mates. Red is a power color. It represents blood, our body's life fluid.

If you weren't praying then chances are the bird was simply living its life and you happened to notice. Maybe it noticed you noticing and sat still for a short bit to see what the creature noticing it was going to do, if anything.

Maybe you are at a point in your life when you are getting closer to the Earth again. We all seem naturally close to the Earth as babies and children, but then we are distracted away from it. You are witnessing its beauty, some of which triggers memories, and you are at a time and place where you can appreciate it all. To notice and wonder is a sign of not being all wrapped up in yourself. Perhaps, the spirituality you sense is awakening - or reawakening - in you.
Actually, I have been praying. A lot.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:21 AM

1,744 posts, read 877,932 times
Quote:

Thank you.

It could quite possibly be a spiritual message you were receiving but then again, maybe it wasn't.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you lived in my neighborhood since both of these events are daily occurances here. When the rabbits sit still like that, they have heard something that is making them more alert than normal (they are very high-strung animals). Maybe you shifted in your seat or moved your foot - it wouldn't take much for them to hear it. I've got two around here and a new baby as well. The baby is still very skittish even when I'm inside if he senses my movements he bolts. The parents, on the other hand, will come right up to me if I sit very still.

I keep a water dish out front and one out back for them and they know I'm the one that fills it and I guess they know by now that I'm not a threat to them.

As for the cardinal, they are very territorial birds - they never travel more than a half mile from where they were born unless forced out by a natural or man-made disaster. Good chance he's out there every day and you just haven't seen him. Mine is one my across the street neighbors house all the time. In the spring, the babies like to chase each other around on that roof too.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:34 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
I was staring at an unusual looking deer amongst a herd of deer some 300 yards away. It was staring back at me. I thought "which dumb animal is going to look away first?", so I did. The unusual deer left the herd and came right up to my yard to stare me down and pace the grass line. It had a black face and was one of the most thought provoking animal interactions ive experienced.
Another time, after a friend had died, I had a vulture fly over and I'd swear it moved along with my thoughts as if it were spiritual in nature. Some aspects are personable and your own unique experience that can only resonate with you.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:17 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Quote:
Actually, I have been praying. A lot.
That's nice.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:44 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,474,548 times
Owls are considered a portent of death in some cultures. I sometimes hear owls hoot from the trees in my backyard, and sure enough, someone I know will usually die in the next few days.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:10 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
sheena12, my dear friend--

You should perhaps be posting this in the Pagan forum where you will find some of us for whom this is a regular part of our lives. I know you know where it is.

You need this book.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GAYNLY...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

Old 06-26-2020, 01:44 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Just specific to what you have posted.....

I've noticed whenever people have long past memories that suddenly surface (like how the rabbits caused this in your life).....It's often part of a bigger pattern going on right in the present in your life.

Definitely dwell on it.

A perfect example of how this works- many years ago my boyfriend mentioned he changed the way he shaved in the morning and talked about how it reminded him of how his Grandfather would shave (same method, same brand of shaving cream, brush, etc.) I now realize this long-buried memory was my boyfriend starting to mature as a person (trust me, he had problems.) At the time I said nothing about what he shared with me as I was planning on leaving him and wanted to discourage him from feeling close to me for his own good. I do realize his self-awakening from a small somewhat random connection was GOOD, for him and the rest of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal