Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 09:36 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

Ever since hearing Josh Turner on Dogman Encounters, I have been listening to his new podcast, 'Paranormal Round Table', its basically him and a friend who have guests and they talk about topics ranging from Dogman, Bigfoot, UFOs, to reptilians, ghosts, Illuminati, and anything else that can be called 'mysterious/strange/paranormal'...

I listened to an episode tonight, a lady was talking about her childhood experiences with what she referred to as a little elf, but he was not so cute and friendly, (strangely though, he did wear a little hat and elf type clothing), she said he came and went thru a little door that linked the back of 2 adjoining bedroom closets together (for whatever reason that would be built? Go figure!), she claimed she saw it frequently for about 6 years, sometimes it was nice and other times, not so nice.

Josh also mentioned he had seen a similar little 'imp' in a friends house, that had alot of paranormal activity, he said he usually saw it out of the corner of his eye, but a couple times, he saw it directly, and after being spotted,it would race down the hall way and jump into/thru a mirror, and was gone. He couldnt give a good description of the face, because it was so small, but said it was in the shape of a little man, about 5-6" tall, and it appeared to have clothing on, (it didnt appear to be demonic or anything like that).

I dont know if we have ever discussed this on here, Ive read reports here and there of people that have claimed to see little things like this, there are not many reports, but there are some out there, Curious if anyone wants to discuss this or if they have ever heard of any of these sightings?

**and just to set things straight...I DO NOT believe in the existence of little elves! LOL..If these things are being seen, its just something else manifesting in that form, for some reason I presume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 11:20 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
I know of one lady in Pennsylvania who had the video of the juvenile Saquatch climbing down from a tree right next to the expressway. Funny thing is, I saw that juvenile and couldn't dispute it at all. After that she's constantly showing videos with "little people" - once I saw one that appeared to have scads of people about 6" tall with little hats on. Trippy - really weird stuff. She's always talking about portals that the BigFeet climb in and out of.

And UFO's galore. Anyone wants her name so they can subscribe let me know - I'm subscribed to her channel. Like I say, I did see the juvenile swinging from branches down a tree - he sorta missed a branch and had ta jump about 15 feet on his own. Mom and Dad were supposedly at the bottom - figures were there but I needed a zoom lens applied to see Mom and Dad better. There's really some weird things this lady shows. Let me know if you wanna know her name so you can check it out.

I can re-post that one with the juvie swinging down branches, too. It's legit.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I know of one lady in Pennsylvania who had the video of the juvenile Saquatch climbing down from a tree right next to the expressway. Funny thing is, I saw that juvenile and couldn't dispute it at all. After that she's constantly showing videos with "little people" - once I saw one that appeared to have scads of people about 6" tall with little hats on. Trippy - really weird stuff. She's always talking about portals that the BigFeet climb in and out of.

And UFO's galore. Anyone wants her name so they can subscribe let me know - I'm subscribed to her channel. Like I say, I did see the juvenile swinging from branches down a tree - he sorta missed a branch and had ta jump about 15 feet on his own. Mom and Dad were supposedly at the bottom - figures were there but I needed a zoom lens applied to see Mom and Dad better. There's really some weird things this lady shows. Let me know if you wanna know her name so you can check it out.

I can re-post that one with the juvie swinging down branches, too. It's legit.
Yes, Id like to see both!

Years ago, I remember reading about a lady in who said she had problems with some kind of little person, in her backyard shed, it was always making noise and causing problems for her, it wasnt so much evil, as it was mischievous.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:24 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Imps and fairies have fascinated me since I was young. As I grew older, I thought of them more as like Sea Monkeys, nothing like the little drawings on the box. I still think they exist, just not what I use to think they were. I mean, who wouldnt want to, uh, yea, you know, Tinkerbell.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:40 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,632,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I mean, who wouldnt want to, uh, yea, you know, Tinkerbell.
Tinkerbell isn't all that special. Just ask Peter Griffin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-jUsobASu8

Old 07-02-2020, 12:43 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
I suspect that if anyone IS seeing them, then they tend to keep it to themselves. They are not talked about much except perhaps in Ireland where they (the little people) are meant to be common. We have the books The Carpetbaggers which are all about small people who steal things and live under the floorboards and dont forget some people swear they see evidence for very small beings and structures in the MER photos (Opportunity & Spirit) from Mars.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:53 AM

Something really strange that I was thinking about, no matter whether its little imps/elves, or 9ft Dogmen, and apparently eveything in between...they ALL seem to go out of their way, to avoid being seen, (and if they are spotted), they make a mad dash to get away!!

I just read a new Dogman report from Daniel Boone National forest in KY, kid said he and a friend were fishing in this spot (illegally at night), and they saw a big jet black bipedal wolf...he went into detail about how scared they were and how fast they tried to make it to their car...but in the description, the Dogman sounds like its more scared of them and wanting to get away from them as fast as possible!!

Maybe all these 'cryptids' are more frightened of us?

Old 07-02-2020, 06:51 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
**and just to set things straight...I DO NOT believe in the existence of little elves! LOL..If these things are being seen, its just something else manifesting in that form, for some reason I presume.
Nitpick:

The elves of northern folklore were NOT tiny with pointy ears and curly-toed shoes. That didn't really come into play until the Renaissance, thanks to Spenser and Shakespeare. The elves of northern myth dined with the gods and battled giants.

My point: Please don't equate elves with imps or goblins or fairies. Any elves reading this thread might be offended.

https://www.treehugger.com/facts-abo...-elves-4858049

Quote:
1. While belief in the reality of these creatures may be a bit on the wane over the years, the last study to measure such things found that 54 percent of Iceland’s 300,000+ residents would not deny that elves exist.

2. References to the word alfar (elf) first appeared in Iceland in Viking-era poems that date back to around 1000 AD.

3. Depending on who you ask, elves and huldufólk are either one in the same, or two distinct types of beings. The word huldufólk means “hidden people.”

4. According to the headmaster of the Icelandic Elf School, Magnús Skarphéðinsson, there is one kind of huldufólk and 13 kinds of elves on the island. He says that the hidden people "are just the same size and look exactly like human beings, the only difference is that they are invisible to most of us. Elves, on the other hand, aren’t entirely human, they’re humanoid, starting at around eight centimetres."

5. By other accounts, the difference between huldufólk and elves is that huldufólk like to drink coffee, whereas the elves, not so much.

6. Elves, they’re just like us! Valdimar Hafstein, folklorist and professor writes that their “economy is of the same sort: like humans, the hidden people have livestock, cut hay, row boats, flense whales and pick berries.”

7. Elves generally live in the rocks, but may be found in houses as well. But wherever they are, it is believed best not to bother them. Professor Jacqueline Simpson says, “treat them with respect, do not upset their dwelling places, or try to steal their cattle, and they’ll be perfectly ... quite neutral, quite harmless.”

8. Locals believe that they are very territorial, and that disturbing their homes and special places can lead to mayhem for those creating the disturbance. Ryan Jacobs, quoting experts in field, writes in The Atlantic that disturbing their homes and churches can agitate their "fiercely" territorial side:

Machines break or stop operating without explanation ... Then, perhaps, a worker sprains an ankle or breaks a leg. In older stories, sheep, cows, and people can fall ill, and even drop dead. As Jacqueline Simpson says, “If you damage their stones, you will pay for it.”

9. The elves have inspired an environmental movement, of sorts, made of protestors and activists who fight against development of areas in which they believe elves live. It’s a very beautiful idea; one that speaks to the value of nature, but also makes sense given the intensity of the landscape. Elves are kind of "a ritualistic attempt to protect something meaningful, respect something of importance, and acknowledge something of worth,” says writer and professor, Haukur Ingi Jónasson.

10. There is so much hoopla over construction projects potentially harming elf environs that the Icelandic Road and Coastal Administration created a five-page standard reply for inquiries. Viktor Arnar Ingolfsson, a chief spokesperson, wrote in an email to The Atlantic. “It will not answer the question of whether the [Icelandic Road and Coastal Administration] employees do or do not believe in elves and ‘hidden people’ because opinion differs greatly on this and it tends to be a rather personal matter.”

11. During the holidays in Iceland, there is a custom to make sure the house is clean and to leave food for the elves on Christmas Eve so that they can feast and dance while the humans are at church. On New Year's Eve, some believe that elves relocate to new homes ... for which people light candles to help them find their way.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:59 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,632,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I just read a new Dogman report from Daniel Boone National forest in KY, kid said he and a friend were fishing in this spot (illegally at night), and they saw a big jet black bipedal wolf...he went into detail about how scared they were and how fast they tried to make it to their car...but in the description, the Dogman sounds like its more scared of them and wanting to get away from them as fast as possible!!
This sounds pretty fishy. A couple of kids go fishing illegally at night in a National Forest and saw a "big jet black bipedal wolf". So the place they were fishing at, in a National Forest, was all lit up with lights so they could clearly see what it was? Even if they had flashlights, it'd be difficult to make out such details. Maybe it was just a bear. Or maybe it was just a couple of kids spinning a tall tale.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:31 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=430ytKTsPpk&t=68s

Here's one from Debbie in Pennsylvania, rstevens62. I would subscribe to her YouTube channel if I were you, rstevens62. And thanks for having an open mind about these weird things going on. I appreciate it.

There's a lot going on out there, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal