U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 10:58 AM

17,138 posts, read 4,672,839 times

Advertisements

I have now experienced this Phenomena twice (yesterday and the time I attempted suicide coming off Heroin, many years ago), and both times it was the same, just wondering if anyone else has ever heard or felt this?

Basically what happened is, I was having severe breathing problems, so I decided I needed to go to the ER, I started getting ready, and came downstairs, this is when I had a breathing attack, I could not catch my breath, felt like my airways were closing up and the 'capacity' just wasnt there...

After a couple minutes of this, I started hearing this same sound I heard when I attempted suicide many years ago, the best I can describe it is the way a push lawnmower sounds, (specifically the sound of the blade turning), or like the blades of a helicopter turning, but to be honest they didnt sound as powerful as a helicopter...lawnmower sound is closer. Starting out its faint, but gets louder, as it gets closer, ( I guess?)

I truly did not think I was going to recover, Im not sure what brought it on, simply coming down the steps is not all that physical, so Im not sure what got my breathing rate pumped up, I had intended on driving to the hospital, but now I felt I needed to call the ambulance, It was tough just getting the phone and telling them what was going on and where I was, (I was on a cell phone, not a land line).

Ambulance got there within 2-3 minutes, I dont know how they made it so fast, but once they saw my condition, they rushed up and put a bag of oxygen on me, it didnt feel like it was helping at first, but very quickly, my breathing was coming back to me,

The whoosing blade sound was intensifying during and after the 911 call, I still wasnt sure I was going to make it, part of me was ready to pass out and fall to the ground, it wasnt until the EMTs got there and I got on Oxygen that the sound started to decrease, it went away pretty quickly after that.

I think this is maybe the sound of death, Im guessing the closer I get...the louder and more intense the sound would have grown, until it just overtook me and thats the end. One other thing I forgot to mention..the sweating! I remember this from my suicide attempt too, and yesterday was no different, I had sweat pouring off me, even though I was in an a/c 'd house.

Not something I want to experience again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 11:10 AM

505 posts, read 149,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have now experienced this Phenomena twice (yesterday and the time I attempted suicide coming off Heroin, many years ago), and both times it was the same, just wondering if anyone else has ever heard or felt this?

Basically what happened is, I was having severe breathing problems, so I decided I needed to go to the ER, I started getting ready, and came downstairs, this is when I had a breathing attack, I could not catch my breath, felt like my airways were closing up and the 'capacity' just wasnt there...

After a couple minutes of this, I started hearing this same sound I heard when I attempted suicide many years ago, the best I can describe it is the way a push lawnmower sounds, (specifically the sound of the blade turning), or like the blades of a helicopter turning, but to be honest they didnt sound as powerful as a helicopter...lawnmower sound is closer. Starting out its faint, but gets louder, as it gets closer, ( I guess?)

I truly did not think I was going to recover, Im not sure what brought it on, simply coming down the steps is not all that physical, so Im not sure what got my breathing rate pumped up, I had intended on driving to the hospital, but now I felt I needed to call the ambulance, It was tough just getting the phone and telling them what was going on and where I was, (I was on a cell phone, not a land line).

Ambulance got there within 2-3 minutes, I dont know how they made it so fast, but once they saw my condition, they rushed up and put a bag of oxygen on me, it didnt feel like it was helping at first, but very quickly, my breathing was coming back to me,

The whoosing blade sound was intensifying during and after the 911 call, I still wasnt sure I was going to make it, part of me was ready to pass out and fall to the ground, it wasnt until the EMTs got there and I got on Oxygen that the sound started to decrease, it went away pretty quickly after that.

I think this is maybe the sound of death, Im guessing the closer I get...the louder and more intense the sound would have grown, until it just overtook me and thats the end. One other thing I forgot to mention..the sweating! I remember this from my suicide attempt too, and yesterday was no different, I had sweat pouring off me, even though I was in an a/c 'd house.

Not something I want to experience again!
Sounds like a typical panic attack to me. I had them for a while after ODing on meth many many years ago.

If you have any questions or want to discuss what happened PM me.

Last edited by sam812; 06-29-2020 at 11:28 AM..

Old 06-29-2020, 12:45 PM

3,757 posts, read 2,820,655 times
While I think this belongs in the Heath forums, it sounds like you may have a heart issue. This sounds exactly like what happeneded to me and was diagnosed with AVNRT. Google it.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:15 PM

505 posts, read 149,590 times
To make it more for this section. Maybe it was a dogman telepathically warning him to stay away from his planned trip to find one this coming weekend.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:43 PM

5,260 posts, read 4,194,423 times
Dissociation and hallucinations can occasionally accompany panic attacks - the other symptoms sure sound panic related. I'd definitely want to get a thorough physical exam - including the cardiovascular system. I started having panic attacks starting around 1978 with my last attack in 1988. Mine were alcohol related.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:51 PM

358 posts, read 458,002 times
I Never read about panic attacks like the Op describes. He does not mention if paramedics gave him oxygen the first time also, or follow up care. He also did not mention if they found a heart abnormality at the hospital ER yesterday, or follow up care. I agree with the posters who wrote about getting a more thorough physical examination.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-29-2020 at 02:08 PM..

Old 06-29-2020, 03:39 PM

5,260 posts, read 4,194,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
I Never read about panic attacks like the Op describes. He does not mention if paramedics gave him oxygen the first time also, or follow up care. He also did not mention if they found a heart abnormality at the hospital ER yesterday, or follow up care. I agree with the posters who wrote about getting a more thorough physical examination.
The symptoms do indeed all fit high anxiety/panic; see this article:

https://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiet...our-head.shtml

The danger is -- the symptoms also resemble a cardiovascular problem, so that's why the ER and the oxygen. I paid five visits to the ER in the middle of the night back in the 1980s. Not fun. Hope everything went well for you, rstevens62.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:37 PM

2,542 posts, read 789,962 times
I would think it could also be associated with low oxygen levels. The brain can do some weird things when experiencing hypoxia.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:40 PM

6,863 posts, read 7,072,123 times
What was the diagnosis at the hospital? That may help narrow things down.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:43 PM

24 posts, read 7,758 times
Congestive heart failure? The sound you describe made me think of this article I read:

Left-sided heart failure is related to pulmonary congestion. The left side of the heart receives oxygen-rich blood from the lungs. When the left side is not pumping correctly, blood backs up in the blood vessels of the lungs — pulmonary edema. As blood backs up in the lungs, pressure in the veins of the lungs increases. Fluids within the lungs are pushed into breathing spaces, interrupting the normal flow of oxygen.

Related symptoms include:

Shortness of breath: Shortness of breath often becomes a problem during physical activity, but also can happen during rest. Difficulty breathing may occur suddenly at night, but may subside by moving around. Extra pillows to prop up your upper body can help you breathe more easily in bed.
Persistent cough: A seemingly unexplained cough produces pink phlegm containing blood.
Pulmonary crackles: Popping sounds occur when air is forced through lung passages narrowed by fluid build-up.
Third heart sound: The normal heartbeat has two sounds made as the heart contracts (pumps blood) and expands (fills with blood). With heart failure, a third sound becomes apparent: The walls of the heart's ventricles vibrate when blood fills the heart.
Reduced urine output: With heart failure, the kidneys cannot function properly. Sodium remains in the body, causing water retention.
Low oxygen saturation levels: This results from the heart's inability to receive oxygen-rich blood from the lungs.
Altered digestion.
Dizziness, lightheadedness and confusion.
Restlessness and anxiety.
Fatigue and weakness.

https://www.honorhealth.com/medical-...ilure/symptoms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or