Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 05:40 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Where is it suppose to be? Ive seen it before, and watched this one several times now, and I have yet to see anything swinging from the trees.

It's right at the start of the video and you'll probably have to do the MK Davis scrub back and forth a bit before you see it. It looks like a monkee swinging down branches of a tree. Look ABOVE THE FREEWAY and keep looking for it and you'll see it. Here's where it would be nice to be at a seminar and be in control of the laser pointer. I would show you exactly where the baby monkey squatch is that way.
OK, after all this time Ive finally saw something. My opinion, if it were something such as a baby squatch, why did the camera operator stay focused on whats under the bridge, and why di no cars bother to stop, that we can see? Something like a baby squatch would sure make me want to focus on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 06:00 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
OK, after all this time Ive finally saw something. My opinion, if it were something such as a baby squatch, why did the camera operator stay focused on whats under the bridge, and why di no cars bother to stop, that we can see? Something like a baby squatch would sure make me want to focus on that.
Why did the editor of that video put the writing right over what they want us to look at?

You can edit any one of these videos to make your point. But the question will always be there about why did you edit it if the facts can speak for themselves? If they start off with scary music they are already attempting to focus our attention in one direction and they want us to make only one conclusion. If our government tries to do that it is called fake news!

Old 07-07-2020, 06:24 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Why did the editor of that video put the writing right over what they want us to look at?

You can edit any one of these videos to make your point. But the question will always be there about why did you edit it if the facts can speak for themselves? If they start off with scary music they are already attempting to focus our attention in one direction and they want us to make only one conclusion. If our government tries to do that it is called fake news!
Just move your cursor off of the video, and the title will go away

Old 07-07-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Just move your cursor off of the video, and the title will go away
Thanks! But why show us so much for only a few short seconds of the film? Almost all of these videos are a big waste of time. Somebody has to tell us what we are supposed to be seeing. With good evidence they do not have to explain anything; we can make up our own minds.

I still just see a blowing plastic bag. It even looks windy outside at the time the video was taken. Even without the wind; interstate highways create their own wind from the speed of the vehicles.

If this is the best evidence they have nothing to show us.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:27 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:

Exactly. I think at least 80% of all these videos that keep getting posted are just that, edited. Ive only seen a few videos that make me take notice of things, and even those leave me with questions sometimes.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:01 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
I rarely even bother looking at video footage or still pictures, at the best, its going to be inconclusive, so whats the point?

Personally, Id rather read sighting reports from credible people, like game wardens, staff of the DNR, biologists, people in careers associated with animals, nature, wildlife.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I rarely even bother looking at video footage or still pictures, at the best, its going to be inconclusive, so whats the point?

Personally, Id rather read sighting reports from credible people, like game wardens, staff of the DNR, biologists, people in careers associated with animals, nature, wildlife.
You still have to be able to confirm that information. You don't take anybody's word for anything without a lot of followups. Then you are still left with just second or third-hand information and nothing that can prove squatch!

Old 07-07-2020, 05:39 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Where is it suppose to be? Ive seen it before, and watched this one several times now, and I have yet to see anything swinging from the trees.

It's right at the start of the video and you'll probably have to do the MK Davis scrub back and forth a bit before you see it. It looks like a monkee swinging down branches of a tree. Look ABOVE THE FREEWAY and keep looking for it and you'll see it. Here's where it would be nice to be at a seminar and be in control of the laser pointer. I would show you exactly where the baby monkey squatch is that way.
Doesn't look like anything to me. This one featured on Finding Bigfoot looks convincing at first, but it could be something on a car antenna that's nudged by one of the party goers. The way it moves doesn't feel right. Plus, Matt $$$maker's involved.

https://youtu.be/pv_5tXVHZpI

Old 07-07-2020, 10:27 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
You still have to be able to confirm that information. You don't take anybody's word for anything without a lot of followups. Then you are still left with just second or third-hand information and nothing that can prove squatch!
We have discussed this before...that is not really possible when it comes to this kind of stuff.

If I sit there and listen to or read a report a witness has made, its largely up to the reader as to whether they believe it or not, As Ive also said before, there are many reports Ive read, that I DO NOT believe what the witness claims...but there are plenty that I DO believe, so its a mixed bag.

There are a few little things I look out for, a big red flag for me is if the person was into cryptids/paranormal stuff BEFORE their incident, or if they were specifically going out to find one of these things...'If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is' is a good line to remember!

I also look for excessive embellishment, details that sound too fantastical, actions or details that do not seem normal too, (example...if a person does not believe in a Dogman when they have their incident, they are not going to automatically call it a 'Dogman'. LOL Ive heard quite a few reports like this, its easy to tell they were faking it).

Everybody is different though, I know it takes more to make you believe, you want to be able to confirm and verify every detail.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We have discussed this before...that is not really possible when it comes to this kind of stuff.

If I sit there and listen to or read a report a witness has made, its largely up to the reader as to whether they believe it or not, As Ive also said before, there are many reports Ive read, that I DO NOT believe what the witness claims...but there are plenty that I DO believe, so its a mixed bag.

There are a few little things I look out for, a big red flag for me is if the person was into cryptids/paranormal stuff BEFORE their incident, or if they were specifically going out to find one of these things...'If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is' is a good line to remember!

I also look for excessive embellishment, details that sound too fantastical, actions or details that do not seem normal too, (example...if a person does not believe in a Dogman when they have their incident, they are not going to automatically call it a 'Dogman'. LOL Ive heard quite a few reports like this, its easy to tell they were faking it).

Everybody is different though, I know it takes more to make you believe, you want to be able to confirm and verify every detail.
And why wouldn't I? These sites are selling and I am not buying. Have you ever seen a scientific paper that starts off with eerie music and dark lights? If we listened to you we would all own a deed to the Brooklyn Bridge! You have hundreds or maybe thousands of replies on here without one little tiny scrap of evidence. With you, it is all about talking us into believing.

You said that you will be going into the field shortly. I just hope you can bring back something worth looking at. Right now your team is really striking out with nothing but a lot of garbage videos. It is amazing that about 350,000,000 of us live here and nobody can produce anything to start off a good investigation. The last fifty years have not been good for Big Foot. It is slowly making the transition to a myth instead of reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal