U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2020, 09:25 AM
 
17,409 posts, read 4,762,134 times
Reputation: 10884

Advertisements

I read about this on Facebook last night, pretty surprising!


He was communicating with the girl online and when he went to the location to meet her, police were there instead, this is all too common today.


Needless to say, he will be going away for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2020, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Maine
18,236 posts, read 22,146,899 times
Reputation: 21918
Ick. Innocent until proven guilty. But if he is guilty, I hope he shares a cell with some Hell's Angels.

I remember several years ago there was an article in the LA Times about law enforcement's arrests of pedophile rings and such. They said that of 100 or so arrests they made, "all but one" were "die-hard Trekkies." Spock would be so ashamed.

I can't find a link to the original article, but it is referenced here: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pedop...9S2b43HqZ_HJ0c

And it isn't just the USA. Same trend in Canada: Trekkies and Kiddie Porn - Lee Goldberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2020, 10:52 AM
 
17,409 posts, read 4,762,134 times
Reputation: 10884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Ick. Innocent until proven guilty. But if he is guilty, I hope he shares a cell with some Hell's Angels.

I remember several years ago there was an article in the LA Times about law enforcement's arrests of pedophile rings and such. They said that of 100 or so arrests they made, "all but one" were "die-hard Trekkies." Spock would be so ashamed.

I can't find a link to the original article, but it is referenced here: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pedop...9S2b43HqZ_HJ0c

And it isn't just the USA. Same trend in Canada: Trekkies and Kiddie Porn - Lee Goldberg
Im always amazed at how stupid these guys are...how can they NOT know or even suspect its more than likely a cop they are chatting with online?!! incidents happen like this all the time, its ALWAYS a cop acting like a child. I guess their desires overwhelm them and they just take the risk?


A lady I used to work with, her 23 yr old was arrested doing this, we all assumed he was going away for a long time, but he only got 3 years, and he was not in a regular jail, by the way his mom described it, it was more like a home for men, he was allowed to have video games and DVD players, he was allowed to wear his own clothing, so Im not sure where he was sent. This was back in the mid 2000s, he has been out for years now, surprisingly he now works for Coca Cola and has a pretty good job, he probably makes more than I do now.



His mom said when he was released,they gave him a list of companies that will hire ex sex offenders and it was all GREAT companies to work for, large, well known companies! this is strange imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2020, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
16,526 posts, read 13,246,856 times
Reputation: 12490
I guess he was more interested in underage girls than finding Big Foot. He probably gave up on BF when nobody could produce the evidence! If guilty; I wish him a long time behind bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2020, 05:36 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,807 posts, read 3,652,872 times
Reputation: 3518
I think this is more of a problem in our society than we suspect. Priests, politicians, and the rich all appear to be partaking as per Epstein and Maxwell show us. It also affects the normal guy too as can be seen by the story above.

However, there are societies, religions, and cultures which do not see anything wrong with marrying off 13 year-olds and even in the USA in the time of Jerry Lee Lewis (1960's?) was not against it (that much). So, it seems this is largely a cultural issue.

Of course there are far more issues involved when we start talking about pre-menstrual women and children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2020, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
4,500 posts, read 2,553,472 times
Reputation: 3430
Looks like he's been fired by MUFON. Name is Jan Harzan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM
 
17,409 posts, read 4,762,134 times
Reputation: 10884
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think this is more of a problem in our society than we suspect. Priests, politicians, and the rich all appear to be partaking as per Epstein and Maxwell show us. It also affects the normal guy too as can be seen by the story above.

However, there are societies, religions, and cultures which do not see anything wrong with marrying off 13 year-olds and even in the USA in the time of Jerry Lee Lewis (1960's?) was not against it (that much). So, it seems this is largely a cultural issue.

Of course there are far more issues involved when we start talking about pre-menstrual women and children.
Oh yes, I agree!


I think there is more to this than just perverted old guys desiring the underage, I think there is a darker side to it, the destruction of purity and innocence, Id even go as far to say this may be more 'gratifying' than sexual pleasure for these people...think about it, most of these guys, (who are extremely wealthy and powerful), they could be banging 20 yr olds daily if they wanted, But instead they prefer a 10-12 yr old kid? LOL where is the sense in that?! It has to be about something MORE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:29 AM
 
17,409 posts, read 4,762,134 times
Reputation: 10884
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I guess he was more interested in underage girls than finding Big Foot. He probably gave up on BF when nobody could produce the evidence! If guilty; I wish him a long time behind bars.
I read today that he had his own UFO encounter when he was a kid, it was him and his brother, they claimed the craft was less than 30ft away from them.


Overall I think this seems strange considering other current events recently, Ghisilane Maxwell is in the news right now (supposedly in custody) and said to be ready to hand over her little black book to police...but when her first court hearing is scheduled, the prosecutor states that they will not be providing video of the hearing, (very odd), add to that, there is no booking photo and no female with the last name of Maxwell was listed as an inmate on Jail tracker web sites for the entire eastern US, (again, very odd).


UFOs have also been a hot topic recently, Im not sure whats going on, but some of the other current events right now, are pretty strange coincidences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:25 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,807 posts, read 3,652,872 times
Reputation: 3518
What happens is that we are distracted by other news item which draws attention away from the one which 'they' dont want us to focus on. So, we need to keep an eye on the Maxwell story perhaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:27 AM
 
Location: Cody, WY
10,001 posts, read 11,929,919 times
Reputation: 20477
This thread does nothing but disrupt. I plan to ignore both the thread as well as its participants. I hope that others will do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top