Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 08:13 PM

987 posts, read 778,376 times

Advertisements

Do you believe in Guardian Angels or Spirit Guides?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2020, 08:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Well, I'm a weirdo - I don't believe in them, as I don't believe in the sun...I have a close relationship with them.
Some might counter that and say it's the Higher Self or Super Consciousness bleeding through
to the conscious mind, sure, and I have experienced that, too, of course....and wow.
But, there are Guides, too.
And, while on the topic of spirits, there is a huge difference from a Guide and the Holy Spirit, oh my.
Will this sound nutty to someone that has never exp'd their spirit guide - of course.
Ya get used to it....until I pick a card out of their deck and tell them what it is, how? I listen to my spirit guides.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:28 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Yes, I think there is someone who is a friend who will keep an eye on you while you are here on Earth. Mainly, I think it is to help and advise, not to control what we do. So if our guide starts to 'suggest' things, maybe we need to question who we are talking to. Think of them as a good counsellor so they should listen and reflect and help us learn our lessons not to interfere in our life.
Thats just my take on it all.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:28 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,675,553 times
No, I do not because so much bad stuff happens to innocent people, especially children. The people I have met pick and choose the situations they use to make their case that they are real. Kinda like psychics ignore the 1000 times they are wrong and focus on the one time they got it correct.

What is your opinion OP?

Old 03-27-2020, 11:34 PM

11,443 posts, read 624,970 times
Well I do believe we all have a spirit guide......

Every living thing on earth has a guide assigned..........

Old 03-27-2020, 11:59 PM

532 posts, read 445,441 times
I believe that others believe and find comfort and reassurance and purpose in their belief or faith.

but my spirit guide is probably unhappy, I'm an atheist.

wouldn't life be boring if we all thought and believed the same.

Old 03-28-2020, 02:52 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,440,622 times
Royal bran wrote:
"wouldn't life be boring if we all thought and believed the same."

My response:
Depends: I'd think this world could do peacefully if folks had the same values and morals. Nothing boring whatsoever in my group of friends. We each tend to be of good nature , respect, and are mild mannered.

Maybe our spirit guide plays apart in that. So yes I would be welcoming of guidance in a time where war, and animosity needs removed.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:32 AM

7,234 posts, read 5,110,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalabran View Post

but my spirit guide is probably unhappy, I'm an atheist.

Along those same lines: When I pray, I pray to the lesser known Saints. I figure they're not so busy and appreciate the business. Guys like St. Joseph or St Anthony are probably over worked and can't give full attention to any single request.

The Pope praying in St.Peter's Square for relief from CoViD.

He's taking a chance ...What did the towns-people do to The Rainmaker when he didn't come thru with rain?

Old 03-28-2020, 07:59 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
No, I do not because so much bad stuff happens to innocent people, especially children. The people I have met pick and choose the situations they use to make their case that they are real. Kinda like psychics ignore the 1000 times they are wrong and focus on the one time they got it correct.

What is your opinion OP?
Isn't this the same thing with God? We can all argue that there cannot be anyone who 'helps' us due to the cruelty which goes on in the world. People say "If there was a God/angel/guide then these bad things would not happen. But...look at anything people pray to God about, death, wars, illnesses, etc. God cannot be on both sides and help them win - at least not the God that we think we know.

It comes down to the fact that either there is no God or else it is impartial and does not interfere with our lives. Maybe because, we as a spirit, need to learn lessons while going through an existence on Earth?

Old 03-28-2020, 08:31 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,675,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Isn't this the same thing with God? We can all argue that there cannot be anyone who 'helps' us due to the cruelty which goes on in the world. People say "If there was a God/angel/guide then these bad things would not happen. But...look at anything people pray to God about, death, wars, illnesses, etc. God cannot be on both sides and help them win - at least not the God that we think we know.

It comes down to the fact that either there is no God or else it is impartial and does not interfere with our lives. Maybe because, we as a spirit, need to learn lessons while going through an existence on Earth?
That argument kinda works with "god" if you don't think about it. It does not have anything to do with spirit guides/guardian angels. Aren't they supposed to interfere and help.

I also notice you completely left out the part about how "belivies" are wrong 99.9999% of the time yet completely ignore that fact. THe doom and gloomers that are posting constantly now are proof of this. Those same type come out with every down turn and then disappear when everything returns to normal. Great selective memory.

To another post, I also am very glad we all do not think alike. It would stifle learning, make life boring, and there is way to much going on in life for everyone to care about.

I don't believe in much posted in this section but thoroughly enjoy reading it and learning from those posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal