Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 12:44 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,194,894 times

Advertisements

Great video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuEyMNOGd8w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 12:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,495,490 times
What do think the pyramids were (are) used for?

I cannot really say as I dont know enough, but what I do know...implies there is something MUCH greater to them than we think, how they are geographically located on the planet, in relation to other pyramids, cannot be discounted, it appears to be significant in their purpose.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:29 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,032,648 times
It is an interesting video. I see that our scientific community still does not agree that they are pyramids. But many are looking at the site and maybe we will have a better understanding after more excavation?

One does not have to travel to Bosnia to see a great pyramid, Mexico has one of the largest. The Temple of the Sun in Mexico has a base about the size of the Great Pyramid in Egypt. It is not quite as tall as you can see in this comparison of modern and ancient pyramids: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...amids_SMIL.svg. However, the Mexican Temple of the Sun was built at 7,500 feet above sea level and the Great Pyramid was built at only 200 feet above sea level.

In the 1970s I and my late wife climbed the Temple of the Sun in Mexico. It was breathtaking; especially for those not accustomed to the higher elevations. When you are on top of the pyramid and look at the magnitude of the whole city that they were then just starting to excavate, all it leaves you with is awe. Here is another link to a Wikipedia article on the Mexican pyramid: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_the_Sun.

As far as the Bosnian claims here is what Wikipedia says about them (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramid_claims):

"Many scholars have noted that the claims have been used for serious ideological, political and economic gains by various factions in Bosnia. Although Osmanagić's claims have been completely disproved by the scientific community, the Visoko area in recent years has attracted pseudoscience enthusiasts; the so-called Bosnian pyramids and the Ravne tunnels have been morphed into "New Age pilgrimage sites"."

Maybe time will prove the 'experts' wrong?

Old 07-16-2020, 08:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,495,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It is an interesting video. I see that our scientific community still does not agree that they are pyramids. But many are looking at the site and maybe we will have a better understanding after more excavation?

One does not have to travel to Bosnia to see a great pyramid, Mexico has one of the largest. The Temple of the Sun in Mexico has a base about the size of the Great Pyramid in Egypt. It is not quite as tall as you can see in this comparison of modern and ancient pyramids: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...amids_SMIL.svg. However, the Mexican Temple of the Sun was built at 7,500 feet above sea level and the Great Pyramid was built at only 200 feet above sea level.

In the 1970s I and my late wife climbed the Temple of the Sun in Mexico. It was breathtaking; especially for those not accustomed to the higher elevations. When you are on top of the pyramid and look at the magnitude of the whole city that they were then just starting to excavate, all it leaves you with is awe. Here is another link to a Wikipedia article on the Mexican pyramid: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_the_Sun.

As far as the Bosnian claims here is what Wikipedia says about them (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramid_claims):

"Many scholars have noted that the claims have been used for serious ideological, political and economic gains by various factions in Bosnia. Although Osmanagić's claims have been completely disproved by the scientific community, the Visoko area in recent years has attracted pseudoscience enthusiasts; the so-called Bosnian pyramids and the Ravne tunnels have been morphed into "New Age pilgrimage sites"."

Maybe time will prove the 'experts' wrong?
Do you know if the Temple of the Sun lines up (geographically), with all the other pyramids? I would bet that it does, they all seem to be connected in some way, that we do not yet understand.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do you know if the Temple of the Sun lines up (geographically), with all the other pyramids? I would bet that it does, they all seem to be connected in some way, that we do not yet understand.
This is what Wikipedia says about its orientation:

"The pyramid was built on a carefully selected spot, from where it was possible to align it both to the prominent Cerro Gordo to the north and, in perpendicular directions, to sunrises and sunsets on specific dates, recorded by a number of architectural orientations in Mesoamerica. The whole central part of the urban grid of Teotihuacan, including the Avenue of the Dead, reproduces the orientation of the Sun Pyramid, while the southern part exhibits a slightly different orientation, dictated by the Ciudadela."

It has been many years since we saw that pyramid. I forgot what they told us at that time. But our ideas on how and why they were built have changed. They are always learning and finding out more pieces of the puzzle.

Although travel is not advised because of the pandemic. If we get a vaccine and beat it and if it is safe to travel to Mexico, it would be a great place to put on your wish list of must-see. Just make sure, if you ever go, to go in a group; it's safer that way (not counting the virus).

Old 07-16-2020, 09:12 AM

In regards to the Bosnian pyramids. Towards the end of the video, they show massive stone works outside and up high..
Comments on the huge stones found in the tunnels?

Old 07-16-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
In regards to the Bosnian pyramids. Towards the end of the video, they show massive stone works outside and up high..
Read the comments on Wikipedia. They really do not have a lot of good to say about that man. It is supposedly coming from many sources.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Read the comments on Wikipedia. They really do not have a lot of good to say about that man. It is supposedly coming from many sources.

Do you accept their video proof? Anyone can change Wikipedia. Not to be trusted over controversial subjects

Old 07-16-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Do you accept their video proof? Anyone can change Wikipedia. Not to be trusted over controversial subjects
Anybody can correct incorrect information on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramid_claims. In their article, they quote or refer to the information provided by named archaeologists, geologists, and sociologists. If the universities and individuals did not make those claims I am confident that somebody would correct the information.

Here is an example if you did not read the article:

"After visiting Visočica hill, British professor Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists, wrote a letter to The Times (published 25 April 2006), referring to Osmanagić's theories as "wacky" and "absurd". He expressed concerns that the government of Bosnia had insufficient safeguards in place to protect the country's "rich heritage" from "looting and unmonitored or unauthorized development"."

Information like that can be verified. It can be corrected if it is wrong. That was only a sample, take the time to read the whole Wikipedia article. I took the time to watch the video.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:33 AM

4,654 posts, read 4,098,633 times
Don't believe this garbage. They are natural hills call flatirons.

Quote:
The "stonework" can come from several sources.

1. There is genuine archaeology on the hill WHICH IS BEING DESTROYED by this idiot.

2. Stone often fragments naturally in such a way that it looks man made.

3. They could be cutting it there as an intentional hoax.

It has been said that the symbols keep turning up when were not there before- an effort to claim some form of writing.

The "underground tunnels" are mines,which are often sealed for safety reasons.

The "egg-shaped monolith" is a concretion.

Last edited by cachibatches; 07-19-2020 at 11:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal