U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 03:26 AM

4,517 posts, read 4,009,494 times

Advertisements

In all the alternative/woo literature, it says that everyone leaves their body every night and goes slightly out of 'sync' with their physical body. This supposedly allows the spirit to recharge with the astral energies ready for the next day walking about in the physical. Slightly out of sync as far as I understand it, means floating a few inches above your physical body. This causes an occasional sinking/falling feeling when the astral body comes back into the body and is why sometimes when you wake up too quickly, you have a headache (or as I call it a 'thick head') because the two bodies have not got completely in line with each other. It seems to get better after a while as the two eventually become aligned with each other which is their normal position.

There are other phenomena which are said to be caused by the physical and astral separating, and that is being unable to move the body yet being conscious within it (sleep paralysis, catatonia), being able to see 360 degrees without moving your head, and then of course, actual getting up and moving around separately to the physical in a conscious aware way.

I was thinking that the literature tells us that the state of being catatonic comes before the lift-out of the physical, but I have only once had the feeling of not being able to move. I have always been able to wake up and move immediately - however quickly I need to wake. So, if we dont need this change-over period when we are effectively changing from being out-of-body to being in-body, then why do we need to be catatonic at all? It is this effect which is one of the feared stages in doing the separation and long with the fear of death is what stops people trying to do this.

I realise we will have some who just do not believe this is possible and point to the medical diagnosis for catatonia which is major depression among other things. However, there are enough books and people saying they can do it, to believe that this leaving the body thing is possible. Many of the sages of various religions have reported being able to separate from their body and native shamans also are supposed to be able to do it.

Does anyone else believe what they have read about this? Or, can anyone separate from their body either by will or just occasionally? I wondered who can do this apart from just a few 'lucky' ones. I think I read estimates are it is supposed to be about 5% of people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 04:58 PM

3,157 posts, read 1,803,411 times
See The Astral Pulse - Index lots of threads there about this.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:14 AM

20,911 posts, read 5,993,748 times
I have attempted it before, but nothing ever happened, it really just made me sleepy. I have been under hypnosis before, but I guess that is something different from astral traveling.

Seems like Ive read where the person has to be fairly pure and 'clean' to be able to do this, if you take any kind of medicine that crosses the blood/brain barrier, you wont be able to do it, alcohol is said to have to same effect.

I do believe its possible though, I think we all could do this, as long as our minds and bodies are in the right condition.

Ive been meaning to watch that movie, 'The men that stare at goats', even though its a comedy, Ive read the movie is pretty good and gives out some facts about the project and what they were able to achieve.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:35 AM

12,201 posts, read 11,506,057 times
How about that Dr. in Houston? Have you ever been raped Astralogicly?

Last edited by Versatile; 07-30-2020 at 09:46 AM..

Old 07-30-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Howabout that Dr. in Houston? Have you ever been raped Astralogicly?
Never heard of that one! Seems like it would be a tough thing to prove in court.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:51 AM

12,201 posts, read 11,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Never heard of that one! Seems like it would be a tough thing to prove in court.

Tump dug her up. She also says we don't need a mask. I will not promote her with a link.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:52 AM

14,757 posts, read 15,180,816 times
Been there, done that....all of it.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Tump dug her up. She also says we don't need a mask. I will not promote her with a link.
Oh OK, you are talking about Dr Immanuel from Houston, I read some interesting things about her yesterday!

One thing she said was that alien DNA is being used in medical treatments, but I was unable to find anything more about this claim specifically, I wanted to know why she thought this and what led her to believe this.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:10 AM

794 posts, read 270,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Oh OK, you are talking about Dr Immanuel from Houston, I read some interesting things about her yesterday!

One thing she said was that alien DNA is being used in medical treatments, but I was unable to find anything more about this claim specifically, I wanted to know why she thought this and what led her to believe this.
She probably learned it from the intellectual genius and teller of the truth Alex Jones.

Old 07-30-2020, 11:05 AM

794 posts, read 270,696 times
I have no idea what it is called. I used to be able to completely control everything in my dreams. I could think and react just like when awake but was able to do anything I wanted to. I could travel anywhere, be with whoever I wanted, jump from one scenario to another at will and anything else you could imagine. One of the things I remember the most and enjoyed the most was being able to fly. Not like Superman fly but more like raising a few inches off the ground and moving Kinda like being on a hoverboard now. The big difference is I didn't have to lean and no matter the speed there was no resistance in any way.

I don't relate it to anything paranormal. Just trained myself to do it over a coupe years. I had to stop doing it because after i got really good at controlling my dreams I started to have a hard time telling dreaming from reality.

EDIT: Now when I dream it is more like watching a movie/tv with no control over anythng. From my research back in the day this is how most people describe their dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal