Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 10:47 AM

22,910 posts, read 28,237,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
How do you explain the boobs on the "suit", then?
That's actually one of the big clues that it's a fake. The breasts are way too hairy. No other primate on Earth is built that way. It's not only a fake, it's not even a very good fake.

"It's a guy in a bad hair suit, sorry! If one of my colleagues created this for a movie, he would be out of business." (Stan Winston, Hollywood creature maker)

We even know who the guy in the suit was: Bob Heironimus. https://archive.vn/20150428101008/ht...lm-what-do-you

So have anthropologists, wildlife biologists, and special effects experts all screaming, "Fake!"

We have the guy in the suit admitting, "It was me!"

But the True Believers still scream, "It's real!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 11:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,569,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That's actually one of the big clues that it's a fake. The breasts are way too hairy. No other primate on Earth is built that way. It's not only a fake, it's not even a very good fake.

"It's a guy in a bad hair suit, sorry! If one of my colleagues created this for a movie, he would be out of business." (Stan Winston, Hollywood creature maker)

We even know who the guy in the suit was: Bob Heironimus. https://archive.vn/20150428101008/ht...lm-what-do-you

So have anthropologists, wildlife biologists, and special effects experts all screaming, "Fake!"

How do you explain the other experts that claim it cannot possibly be a man in a suit...or those involved in making movies, who say the suit is 'too real'?

Old 07-27-2020, 11:25 AM

18,779 posts, read 18,112,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How do you explain the other experts that claim it cannot possibly be a man in a suit...or those involved in making movies, who say the suit is 'too real'?
I explain it by others that want their ten minutes of fame. I admit that there is about one in five Americans that believe. When you get one of these believers they try to do everything possible to support their beliefs, like you do on a daily biases!

The believers produce no proof, many long boring stories, and no clear pictures. They tell us that clear pictures are impossible because BF is a paranormal thing and cannot be photographed. Then you get a few blurry pictures and you say to us: There, that proves it! You can't have it both ways. If they are real there should be many good pictures and videos, not just ones that are cut so we cannot see the whole animal. If they are paranormal they could come and go and nobody would be the wiser. There is no proof they harm people.

The fact that you cannot even think that your Holly Grail was a hoax is disturbing. You have a lie detector test on National TV, you have pictures of the man and the suit, you have statements that support the fact it was a hoax, and you still refuse to even look at the evidence.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:40 AM

22,910 posts, read 28,237,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Fisheye said it better than I could.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:05 PM

11,093 posts, read 9,735,285 times
In some cases memories of what we have seen are shaped by our emotions at the time the memories are laid down, and our emotions, or audience, when we are recalling memories. Each time a memory is recalled, or related to another, the actual memory in our mind can be changed and laid down as a replacement of the old memory. It's not like a write-protected computer file that you just call up and it's always the same. Each time you call up the memory, it can be subconsciously altered and then it's automatically "saved", overwriting the old memory.

I think this is what may happen in some BF sightings. People who are frightened, or who have a belief in a creature, will have their perceptions, and memories of what they've seen, colored by their emotions or beliefs at that time, or even in the recounting of it to others. This is not to say they are lying or embellishing, but that their memory actually changed, so of course they truly believe what their memory is telling them. I mean, why wouldn't you believe your own memory? But we've found over and over again, in the false identifications of criminals, that what we remember is colored by our beliefs, or things we might have seen before, or after, the event.

Here's a link to an article by a memory expert on this topic https://theconversation.com/are-memo...realise-106461

Seeing a bear walking upright, or some other mysterious "eyes in the woods", or other frightening sight, especially at night, or when you're feeling spooked by noises, etc, can color what you perceive, and how you remember it later. And each time the story is told it is reinforced, and even slightly altered depending on the audience, or the purpose of the retelling. So things such as gait, or movements, or even relative height can be mis-remembered. That's why hard evidence is necessary and not just witness sightings. Eye witnesses are frequently mistaken, and their memories altered over time.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:59 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,483,137 times
Doubters gonna doubt.

BigFoot is real.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:04 PM

11,093 posts, read 9,735,285 times
To me the gait in the Patterson Gimlin video IS the dead giveaway that it IS a fake. Now I know they've had experts of all kinds who come down on both sides of this topic, and I'm not an expert. BUT... There is an odd way that the "creature" picks up its feet, swings them forward, and then sort of lifts its knees in an exaggerated way that is reminiscent of walking in swim fins. Also when the foot lifts and swings from back to front, the knee is bent at an almost 90 degree angle to the back, as one would do to ensure that you don't drag the end of the toes across the ground, tripping yourself up. I have short swim fins that I use when I swim laps and that is the exact way I have to walk in them on land to avoid falling over my fins. That suggests to me that it's a human wearing bigfoot costume feet that are several inches longer than his own shoes.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:09 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,673,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

It also would have to be a young female bigfoot. Those are some big really perky breasts that stick straight out that never seem to even wiggle while it moves.

These are the type of things that fascinate me. The same film and some see it as a real bigfoot and some see it as the guy who passed a lie detector in a suit. Both sides believe they are 100% correct.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:35 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,859,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
To me the gait in the Patterson Gimlin video IS the dead giveaway that it IS a fake. Now I know they've had experts of all kinds who come down on both sides of this topic, and I'm not an expert. BUT... There is an odd way that the "creature" picks up its feet, swings them forward, and then sort of lifts its knees in an exaggerated way that is reminiscent of walking in swim fins. Also when the foot lifts and swings from back to front, the knee is bent at an almost 90 degree angle to the back, as one would do to ensure that you don't drag the end of the toes across the ground, tripping yourself up. I have short swim fins that I use when I swim laps and that is the exact way I have to walk in them on land to avoid falling over my fins. That suggests to me that it's a human wearing bigfoot costume feet that are several inches longer than his own shoes.
Not wanting to get into the true/untrue argument, I will just point out that any creature which hunts in the woods is going to have developed a silent (or nearly silent) method of moving around in leaves and dry crackly sticks - otherwise it will spook the deer it is hunting. This suggests to me that they are NOT going to be dragging their feet through the dead leaves and scuffing along because it makes more noise. People often say they do not hear Bigfoot moving up on them, so I guess they use the same kind of movements that special forces may use to move silently in the woods.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,569,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I explain it by others that want their ten minutes of fame. I admit that there is about one in five Americans that believe. When you get one of these believers they try to do everything possible to support their beliefs, like you do on a daily biases!

The believers produce no proof, many long boring stories, and no clear pictures. They tell us that clear pictures are impossible because BF is a paranormal thing and cannot be photographed. Then you get a few blurry pictures and you say to us: There, that proves it! You can't have it both ways. If they are real there should be many good pictures and videos, not just ones that are cut so we cannot see the whole animal. If they are paranormal they could come and go and nobody would be the wiser. There is no proof they harm people.

The fact that you cannot even think that your Holly Grail was a hoax is disturbing. You have a lie detector test on National TV, you have pictures of the man and the suit, you have statements that support the fact it was a hoax, and you still refuse to even look at the evidence.
I didnt see anyone going after their '15 minutes of fame', its been so long ago, I cannot recall the doctor or the university that did that walking gait study, (that concluded it could not possibly be a man)...

I do remember them testing MANY different size and shapes of people though, ages, from young to old, tall to short, fat, skinny, NONE could reproduce that same gait, they said it was physically impossible, due to how human hips are made and the way we walk normally, the method they used to test walking gaits was also state of the art, I believe its the same technology they use to digitally recreate pro sports players movements, for video game use and training purposes, they place little sensors on all the moving parts of the body and have them walk, they then compare it to 'Patties walking gait'.

When they showed Bob H. re creating the same walk as the video, if you notice, they shot the video from the side angle, (not the rear), big difference there!

I will dig up some of the evidence and post tomorrow that points to the video being real, and we can see if any of these people have had their 15 minutes in the spotlight yet as a result, Im referring to special effects people from Hollywood, doctors, scientists, and others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal