Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2020, 06:22 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I went searching for evidence of this film being real and came across this website, it covers just about every aspect, and imo, proves without a doubt it could NOT have been a man in a suit.

https://pattersongimlinbigfoot.yolasite.com/
How can you tell? The camera is so shaky I wanted to puke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 06:56 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,636 times
Quote:
I went searching for evidence of this film being real and came across this website, it covers just about every aspect, and imo, proves without a doubt it could NOT have been a man in a suit.
Even if it were legitimate, the larger question would be "And what is a 'real' Bigfoot?"

Just as the most plausible hypothesis for UFOs isn't "nuts-and-bolts extraterrestrial craft," the most plausible explanation for Bigfoot isn't "big ape-like creatures living in the mountains and forests." You really cannot make a plausible case that big ape-like creatures living in the mountains and forests have escaped detection and left no incontrovertible traces to the extent Bigfoot has.

The "trans-dimensional creatures" explanation is intriguing - but trans-dimensional creatures who look like big lumbering apes? I am open-minded and indeed convinced regarding many, many claims of the anomalous and paranormal, but cryptozoology has always seemed to me the weakest puppy in the litter.

Old 07-31-2020, 11:07 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It isn't just the ones that make a living off the proceeds, it is also the ones that want to make a living off the proceeds.

I do not know if the figures are still the same, I did not look up this one. But, traditionally, eight out of ten small businesses would fail in the first five years (if I recall correctly). Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. That never stopped the 80% that would fail from trying!
Cmon, is it remotely logical that a judge would want to risk his good name and credibility...over talking about a Dogman he saw in his 20s?

That would be a really dumb thing to do to your career, and plus, this guy only had the one sighting, he never saw one again since...dont you think if he was secretly trying to get his foot in the door in the big money cryptid investigations...he would at least fake a couple more sightings over the years?

Old 08-01-2020, 01:30 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Cmon, is it remotely logical that a judge would want to risk his good name and credibility...over talking about a Dogman he saw in his 20s?

That would be a really dumb thing to do to your career, and plus, this guy only had the one sighting, he never saw one again since...dont you think if he was secretly trying to get his foot in the door in the big money cryptid investigations...he would at least fake a couple more sightings over the years?
Think about it this way, maybe this judge truly believes he saw a Dogman or whatever you want to call it, it doesn't necessarily mean he's right or correct, if you know what I mean.

Plenty of people, reputable or otherwise swear to the heavens that they saw x, y and z and no matter what other people say or do, they will not change their view and they will go to their grave believing what they do, but it doesn't mean they were right in their observation.

I don't know this judge's story, but maybe he believes 100% he saw what he saw, so the guy isn't lying or making it up, but you also have to look at it from an outsider standpoint and wonder, well maybe what he thought he saw wasn't necessarily what was really there, and we might never know the answer or the truth.

The mind is such an amazing and complex thing and one who deals with neuroscience research on a daily basis, there is still so much we don't understand about it!

Old 08-01-2020, 05:11 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:

These are all stories without evidence. Like cjseliga just pointed out; the judge could be 100% positive of what he saw and he could be wrong.

I have problems with most of these stories because I have no way to confirm them or do I really want to. I do work 40+ hours a week and I have a large property to maintain. While elkotronics and Versatile think it is up to the skeptics to prove them wrong, I don't have anything to prove - I never saw one. I would perfer if somebody captured one alive or one was found dead on the side of the road, but some clear pictures would be a good start.

I don't know any judge claiming to have seen a BF or Dogman. I knew a District Magistrate that was born and raised here and all of a sudden developed a British accent! From the statistics we have learned that one out of five Americans have mental health issues every year; I have to presume some of those are judges. Of course that is speculation and I really do not like to speculate.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Think about it this way, maybe this judge truly believes he saw a Dogman or whatever you want to call it, it doesn't necessarily mean he's right or correct, if you know what I mean.

Plenty of people, reputable or otherwise swear to the heavens that they saw x, y and z and no matter what other people say or do, they will not change their view and they will go to their grave believing what they do, but it doesn't mean they were right in their observation.

I don't know this judge's story, but maybe he believes 100% he saw what he saw, so the guy isn't lying or making it up, but you also have to look at it from an outsider standpoint and wonder, well maybe what he thought he saw wasn't necessarily what was really there, and we might never know the answer or the truth.

The mind is such an amazing and complex thing and one who deals with neuroscience research on a daily basis, there is still so much we don't understand about it!
I could probably search and find his report and link it here, but the basics were, he lived on a farm at the time and he was walking home at night and he saw this thing in a field at a distance, once it saw him, it ran towards him, (bluff charged him) and stopped about 20ft away, he got a VERY good and close look at it, he referred to it as a 'werewolf' (the name Dogman wasnt in use then),it differs slightly from other DM reports, in that, its body proportions were that of a man, but it was close to 8ft tall and had hock legs of a canine and it was bipedal during the entire encounter. another big difference from Dogman reports, the one he saw had sparse covering of hair on the body but the head and shoulder area were very hairy ( like a lions mane)

He gave a very detailed description, as he lived and worked on his families farm, he was familiar with animals, he described its chest and rib cage moving in and out as it breathed, he was able to see its breath in the air, he saw saliva dripping and drooling around the mouth area as well, he also said when they were staring each other down, he saw a fly, gnat or some other insect, flying around its head, just like they do with people, and its large canine ears on top of its head were twitching as a result.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
These are all stories without evidence. Like cjseliga just pointed out; the judge could be 100% positive of what he saw and he could be wrong.

I have problems with most of these stories because I have no way to confirm them or do I really want to. I do work 40+ hours a week and I have a large property to maintain. While elkotronics and Versatile think it is up to the skeptics to prove them wrong, I don't have anything to prove - I never saw one. I would perfer if somebody captured one alive or one was found dead on the side of the road, but some clear pictures would be a good start.

I don't know any judge claiming to have seen a BF or Dogman. I knew a District Magistrate that was born and raised here and all of a sudden developed a British accent! From the statistics we have learned that one out of five Americans have mental health issues every year; I have to presume some of those are judges. Of course that is speculation and I really do not like to speculate.
Exactly right!! Its up to the individual as to whether they believe the claim or not! This report is IMPOSSIBLE to verify or confirm, we cannot even verify if he was walking that night, we couldnt verify if he claimed to see a deer in the field.

Although a persons credibility is significant, if they are 'credible' and trusted, respected, usually what they say is believed by most people.

And when it comes to claims like this, (where the claim is extraordinary), a persons credibility is VERY significant.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Exactly right!! Its up to the individual as to whether they believe the claim or not! This report is IMPOSSIBLE to verify or confirm, we cannot even verify if he was walking that night, we couldnt verify if he claimed to see a deer in the field.

Although a persons credibility is significant, if they are 'credible' and trusted, respected, usually what they say is believed by most people.

And when it comes to claims like this, (where the claim is extraordinary), a persons credibility is VERY significant.
There is no reason to repeat the time my wife and I saw the mountain lion in PA. Officially they still not exist in our State because we had no evidence and the authorities were not interested in coming out to check our observation.

So there it is in a nutshell. You need evidence otherwise you are simply spouting hot air, like we were when we made the report. In our case there is evidence that mountain lions do exist someplace in the US and other places in North America. But, in your case you have nothing to back up that your BF lives anyplace on this planet except in the imagination of the believers.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
There is no reason to repeat the time my wife and I saw the mountain lion in PA. Officially they still not exist in our State because we had no evidence and the authorities were not interested in coming out to check our observation.

So there it is in a nutshell. You need evidence otherwise you are simply spouting hot air, like we were when we made the report. In our case there is evidence that mountain lions do exist someplace in the US and other places in North America. But, in your case you have nothing to back up that your BF lives anyplace on this planet except in the imagination of the believers.
Do you believe ghosts exist?

*Im not changing the subject

Old 08-01-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
do you believe ghosts exist?

*im not changing the subject
no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal