Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2020, 05:05 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The video linked to by The Crypto Crew compares a guy walking in the grass with swim flippers to Patty's walk. They're really close - as is the shin angle of the still of the guy walking in a bigfoot suit on the same page. Assuming Patty's a guy in a suit, it appears the soles of the feet are attached to the suit (like a kid's footie pajamas). A stride similar to flipper guy may have been necessary to keep the "Patty's" feet from slipping around in the footies and tripping up the guy inside. Frankly, the biggest problems I've always had with P-G are the rear end (which looks totally fake to me), what appears to be a seam or zipper in the back, and the resemblance of the foot soles to a kid's footie pajamas.
Many of the believers talk about how they can see a hernia. I always thought it looked like somebody that had bunched clothing on under the costume. I also did not like the white foot soles. While the bottom of the feet of some primates are light colored; supposedly this creature lives in a harsher climate and I would think they would be darker in color. Some gorillas do have light colored soles; but many of their feet can also be much darker in color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 07:17 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Somesay that is not a hernia; but a gunshot striking.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:16 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
It can't be a gun shot striking. A gunshot shoots scattered, not in one small spot especially at a distance.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Many of the believers talk about how they can see a hernia. I always thought it looked like somebody that had bunched clothing on under the costume. I also did not like the white foot soles. While the bottom of the feet of some primates are light colored; supposedly this creature lives in a harsher climate and I would think they would be darker in color. Some gorillas do have light colored soles; but many of their feet can also be much darker in color.
It's quite normal for primates to have light colored palms and soles, people included. If this creature (if it is one) is closely related to humans, it's more likely to have light colored soles.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It can't be a gun shot striking. A gunshot shoots scattered, not in one small spot especially at a distance.
There are different kinds of guns. Shotguns shoot scattershot (lose pellets that can vary in size depending on what the hunter is hunting). Rifles shoot single bullets and some can break up when they hit their target and some will not and can pass straight through. It all depends on the speed of the bullet plus its design and materials used. Generally shotguns are used for close range and are not effective over about 100 yards. However, some rifles can hit targets as far away as over a mile and their projectiles do not scatter.

Your statement sounds like somebody that is not familiar with guns.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
IDK about that theory of them killing the Patty Bigfoot...if they had, dont you think they would have taken much closer and more clear video footage of the dead body (before they skinned it)?

Old 08-11-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
It's quite normal for primates to have light colored palms and soles, people included. If this creature (if it is one) is closely related to humans, it's more likely to have light colored soles.
If you do an image search for gorilla feet some are lighter colored and some are not. That Patterson film shows almost a white foot on the BF. I just don't feel that is likely. Of course there could be other considerations like if the sun was striking its foot when raised.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you look closely at the foot, you can see a dermal ridge, that is interesting because it was only recently that someone had discovered all Bigfoot print casts showed they all have this dermal ridge on their feet. Patterson and Gimlin would not have known this back in their day, (they couldnt have actually).

Old 08-11-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I am confusing gunshot with shotgun. I must be losing it.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:58 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If you look closely at the foot, you can see a dermal ridge, that is interesting because it was only recently that someone had discovered all Bigfoot print casts showed they all have this dermal ridge on their feet. Patterson and Gimlin would not have known this back in their day, (they couldnt have actually).
Or you see a flat leather or latex sole on a suit flexing as the person inside walks. The problem I have with claims like this is, there's only so much data in the pixels of a film taken at that distance and it seems to me believers in the film are straining to mine a few seconds of blurry film for information that may or may not be there in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal