Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2020, 11:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Or you see a flat leather or latex sole on a suit flexing as the person inside walks. The problem I have with claims like this is, there's only so much data in the pixels of a film taken at that distance and it seems to me believers in the film are straining to mine a few seconds of blurry film for information that may or may not be there in fact.
Dont you find it incredibly strange though, that considering this footage is decades old, it is STILL hotly debated, and scrutinized so closely...and yet its still about 50/50 whether people believe its real or not?!!!!

Ive brought this up before...if P&G were able to create such an incredible hoax then...why has no one done a better hoax since? One that can stand up to such scrutiny over the years? Compared to those days when the footage was taken, there are 10s of 1000s of 'Bigfoot enthusiasts' and investigators out there today...they are all trying to get that one good picture or video that will make them famous....and Patterson Gimlin is the most recent 'hoax film'? LOL Cmon, what are the chances of that, especially when you consider how great digital and CGI technology is today?! Are we really suggesting that such a good hoax cannot be done today, and Patterson Gimilin was the most recent video of this 'caliber'? Really? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 12:57 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
Here ya go. In this video, Thinker Thunker is merely asking 'Where is the Patterson-Gimlin gorilla suit? Take a look at his logic here, it's really interesting. He won't find it because what you all see in the Patterson-Gimlin video is a real BigFoot. And, there's many people that believe that Patti and her family were shot and skinned that afternoon and early evening of October 20, 1967.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCb05DB3VA&t=327s

Old 08-11-2020, 04:41 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Dont you find it incredibly strange though, that considering this footage is decades old, it is STILL hotly debated, and scrutinized so closely...and yet its still about 50/50 whether people believe its real or not?!!!!
So is the 1947 Roswell incident - that doesn't make the claims that it was an alien craft crash true.

Quote:
Ive brought this up before...if P&G were able to create such an incredible hoax then...why has no one done a better hoax since? One that can stand up to such scrutiny over the years?
I have to admit - the enhanced image of Patty's face still looks pretty damned convincing.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:43 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
And, there's many people that believe that Patti and her family were shot and skinned that afternoon and early evening of October 20, 1967.
Presumably they skinned them for fame/money/whatever ... so what happened to the skins?

Old 08-11-2020, 05:48 PM

Good question. I don't know where the skins went. Or if the Sasquatches were even shot and skinned at all.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:09 PM

Unfortunately, there's a lot of hoaxers and greedy, dishonest people in the BigFoot field. So, that means every video we watch we have to have our BigFoot BS shield running and working fully and completely. Once you get used to it you'll be just fine.

Believe you me, BigFoot are real. BigFoot are out there.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, there's a lot of hoaxers and greedy, dishonest people in the BigFoot field. So, that means every video we watch we have to have our BigFoot BS shield running and working fully and completely. Once you get used to it you'll be just fine.

Believe you me, BigFoot are real. BigFoot are out there.
Oh yes, you are exactly right, there are so many 'enthusiasts/investigators' out there, doing anything they can to make a name for themselves!

Just like there are a ba jillion paranormal investigators today, everyone and their brother seems to be in the ghost hunting biz today!

Ive had to stop listening to a few shows due to this, its just getting so crazy now, even with 'Dogman Encounters' with Vic Cundiff, one of the last shows, they were seriously theorizing that dogmen are out there to protect us against other more dangerous monsters! (the Rake is one, shadow people are popular now, the hat man, etc).

Another podcast, had this supposed govt agent, that deals with cryptids, that fraud went on for months, 1000s of people were following his every word, and believed it all! Some of the details he spoke of were just off the wall kooky, I was glad to see once this 'agent' went MIA, the guy doing the podcast lost a good deal of credibility over it.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:29 AM

That guy is downright annoying and dumb. Yes, I agree, when Patti turns and looks back at the camera it's all over...that is a real, female Sasquatch there.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:49 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
That guy is downright annoying and dumb. Yes, I agree, when Patti turns and looks back at the camera it's all over...that is a real, female Sasquatch there.
Has it ever told you its name was "Patti"? Have you ever met her in the wild? You have two BF researchers that claim they recorded the sounds of BF; did you hear Patti in those sounds? The day you saw the tree branch shaking did you hear "I'm Patti"?

Patti is the name believers have given to their favorite creature to make it sound as if it has human qualities. If it had human qualities it would leave behind scat and other signs that humans leave behind. But after all this time you have nothing and you cling to any last hope like the P&G film.

You also talk about all the hoaxes but you will embrace the next one that is shown. You cannot differentiate one from another; that is like breaking ranks with your fellow members and you don't want to do that.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Has it ever told you its name was "Patti"? Have you ever met her in the wild? You have two BF researchers that claim they recorded the sounds of BF; did you hear Patti in those sounds? The day you saw the tree branch shaking did you hear "I'm Patti"?

Patti is the name believers have given to their favorite creature to make it sound as if it has human qualities. If it had human qualities it would leave behind scat and other signs that humans leave behind. But after all this time you have nothing and you cling to any last hope like the P&G film.

You also talk about all the hoaxes but you will embrace the next one that is shown. You cannot differentiate one from another; that is like breaking ranks with your fellow members and you don't want to do that.
I hope you are joking and know why its called 'Patti'? (Patti...Patterson).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal