Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2020, 08:32 PM

493 posts, read 192,323 times

Advertisements

This happened when i was about 25. I was in a bar with my brother one night around 11:30. There was a girl there whom i had gone out with a few times. It was pretty crowded there. I didn’t know she was going to be there. I was sitting at a table and looked in her direction, she was maybe twenty feet away. She looked at me, our eyes met, and i felt something like an electric jolt in my eyes.

She came over and asked me if i had felt that. For some reason, because i was freaking out, i said “Felt what?” She just said”Nothing,” and moved away.

I’ll never forget it or stop wondering what that was about. I wish I hadn’t been such a puss and had told her that I felt it. Don’t think we ever met again; there was a lot going on in those days.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 10:04 PM

1,042 posts, read 873,399 times
I am Autistic and that happens to me and most of my Autistic friends sometimes with direct eye contact. It is both physically painful and emotionally feels as if I have invaded someones inner privacy. I do not think you are Autistic because if you were it would not be a big deal. I assume it's a "sensory" thing since most [all?] Autistics have sensory issues. Maybe both of your sensory abilities were both more sensitive than ussual at the same time?

Old 08-06-2020, 08:29 AM

I’m not autistic, and it wasn’t painful. It was like a vibration in or behind my eyes.

The really weird thing is that she felt it too. It was definitely extra-sensory. This one of the experiences I’ve had that has made me believe there is more to this life than just the physical.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:57 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times
Interesting. I've never heard of this before. Plus, it seems kind of hard to do research on something like this without knowing the term for it, etc.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:41 AM

Yes it definitely was bizarre. Just thought I’d throw it out here and see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:18 AM

102,189 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
I am Autistic and that happens to me and most of my Autistic friends sometimes with direct eye contact. It is both physically painful and emotionally feels as if I have invaded someones inner privacy. I do not think you are Autistic because if you were it would not be a big deal. I assume it's a "sensory" thing since most [all?] Autistics have sensory issues. Maybe both of your sensory abilities were both more sensitive than ussual at the same time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7;
I’m not autistic, and it wasn’t painful. It was like a vibration in or behind my eyes.

The really weird thing is that she felt it too. It was definitely extra-sensory. This one of the experiences I’ve had that has made me believe there is more to this life than just the physical.
I actually think these are related. There is a subtle energy exchange. when eye contact is made. It's so subtle, most of us don't notice it. It's possible, that due to the anomalies of the autistic brain, that energy is experienced as painful. IOW, the autistic brain is much more sensitive to it. This is fascinating. (Thank you for posting, Vicky!)

OP, you don't know if "she felt it too", or if she intentionally sent it. She may know a technique for intensifying that energy. She may have been sending you a signal. You never got a chance to discuss it with her, so you have no idea what her experience of it was.

Just throwing that out there. I really wish Western science would do more research relating to the the human energy field and its capabilities. "Science" knows there's an energy field; the electrical basis for the body's functioning is taught in Anatomy and Physiology courses, and the polarity of positive and negative charges in the human energy field (and the planet's energy field) is a principle taught in physics. So why is everyone going around pretending it's not "real", and cannot be manipulated? In Eastern Europe, aspects of it have been studied and quantified. Western "science" is doing like the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages: burying its head in the sand, and refusing to consider it. That's not how "science" is done, lol. That's how orthodoxies are built and maintained, and how Inquisitions are organized.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I actually think these are related. There is a subtle energy exchange. when eye contact is made. It's so subtle, most of us don't notice it. It's possible, that due to the anomalies of the autistic brain, that energy is experienced as painful. IOW, the autistic brain is much more sensitive to it. This is fascinating. (Thank you for posting, Vicky!)

OP, you don't know if "she felt it too", or if she intentionally sent it. She may know a technique for intensifying that energy. She may have been sending you a signal. You never got a chance to discuss it with her, so you have no idea what her experience of it was.

Just throwing that out there. I really wish Western science would do more research relating to the the human energy field and its capabilities. "Science" knows there's an energy field; the electrical basis for the body's functioning is taught in Anatomy and Physiology courses, and the polarity of positive and negative charges in the human energy field (and the planet's energy field) is a principle taught in physics. So why is everyone going around pretending it's not "real", and cannot be manipulated? In Eastern Europe, aspects of it have been studied and quantified. Western "science" is doing like the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages: burying its head in the sand, and refusing to consider it. That's not how "science" is done, lol. That's how orthodoxies are built and maintained, and how Inquisitions are organized.
What makes you think western science has not studied this?!

I doubt this would be an 'ability' they want majority of the population having or being aware of! I can imagine all kinds of problems it would create with their control of the public.

Old 08-12-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Well, she did ask me if I felt it too.

I should have talked to her about it. My loss.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:43 PM

102,189 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
Well, she did ask me if I felt it too.

I should have talked to her about it. My loss.
That's not what you said the first time. You said, she asked you if you felt it. Not "did you feel it too". That makes a big difference. Which was it?

Old 08-13-2020, 07:10 PM

She didn’t use the word too, now that I think of it. She said “did you feel that.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal