Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 12:00 AM

1,743 posts, read 991,798 times

Advertisements

If your mouse and pc work like mine: Right click on the picture.
In the drop down menu click on open/view photo.

Hold the shift button down and turn the middle wheel forward to enlarge the picture.

If you have a magnifier, use it to look closer at the picture.

The bay window to the left .. middle window, enlarge it if you can.

It's fuzzy but what do you see other than the lamp shade?

Just to the right of the shade and a little lower.

I'll tell you why I am asking after I get some answers and "If" this storm/hurricane passing through doesn't kill our electric!

(You really don't need to enlarge the picture if you have a magnifier to look closer at the picture)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 12:53 AM

1,743 posts, read 991,798 times
Here is some feedback that I have received ..

Quote:
I see a face. Its blurrt so its hard to get details. Looks possibly bald or thin white hair and glasses..round ones.
Quote:
play of light- it ‘looks like’ but isn’t- just like folks see madona in toast crumbs or something because the light hits it just right and it slightly resembles her face-
And ...

Quote:
Pareidolia (/ pærɪˈdoʊliə / parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is the tendency for incorrect perception of a stimulus as an object, pattern or meaning known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music. Pareidolia can be considered a subcategory of apophenia.
There is a problem ...

That image is me!
(I Do Know what I look like) lol

I am the one who took the picture!

As you can see from the picture, I was standing at least a hundred feet from the house when the photo was taken so .. it couldn't BE me!?

The picture is at least ten years old and tonight is the first time that I noticed the 'image'!

I have the same photo in a frame on my dresser and the image isn't there!!

Old 08-04-2020, 07:39 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
You got a big head. Lol. Is it a reprint? Pic of pic? Or just file pic? Nice looking place

Old 08-04-2020, 08:17 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
To me everything about the part you are talking about looks off. It is more blurry than any other part of the picture, color looks off, size is off unless you are Andre the Giants way bigger brother, and the image looks to be on top of the picture like it was added later.

EDIT: With a little imagination there also looks to be a womans face/head in the bottom half of the front door.

Last edited by sam812; 08-04-2020 at 08:54 AM..

Old 08-04-2020, 08:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post

And ...

There is a problem ...

That image is me!

As you can see from the picture, I was standing at least a hundred feet from the house when the photo was taken so .. it couldn't BE me!?

The picture is at least ten years old and tonight is the first time that I noticed the 'image'!

Wait a minute...are you saying you have this picture in a frame, displayed in your home, but the image of you in the window, is NOT in that picture?

Old 08-04-2020, 01:32 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
To me everything about the part you are talking about looks off. It is more blurry than any other part of the picture, color looks off, size is off unless you are Andre the Giants way bigger brother, and the image looks to be on top of the picture like it was added later.

EDIT: With a little imagination there also looks to be a womans face/head in the bottom half of the front door.
And she looks like its from an old black and white pic to me.

And now, Im hooked! Top right window, looks like someone leaning over and smiling.

OP, what kind of camera was this taken with?

Old 08-04-2020, 01:51 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
And she looks like its from an old black and white pic to me.

And now, Im hooked! Top right window, looks like someone leaning over and smiling.

OP, what kind of camera was this taken with?
Also on the right side of the window above the door looks like a woman standing there.

I guess this just proves with a blurry enough picture you can see anything.

To me the original part the OP was talking about looks like one of the old cartoon monsters.

Now I need to look in the trees for bigfoot.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:42 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post

And ...

There is a problem ...

That image is me!

OP, I can see a figure in the Bay window without enlarging anything, or using a magnifying glass. It may be your reflection, from when you took the photo. However, it's odd that you have a copy of the same photo (are you sure it's the same?), in which the figure doesn't appear.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:34 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,818,180 times
Notice that the tree in front of the window is backlit. What you're seeing is the reflection of the tree trunk in the window.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:08 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
A thumbnail photo 180x135 is just ridiculous. If you want something explained in the image, then why are we not getting a proper picture? Or.. is this a Monday afternoon activity to keep us from getting bored?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal