Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 10:37 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Trust me, I thought this sounded strange upon first reading that title too!!

Long story short...I was reading about this lady who finds underground water using 'dowsing rods', she says these can also be used to find cryptids in the forests (like Bigfoot and Dogman). She says a metal dowsing rod must be used though.

She didnt really explain how she knew this, or why it works, and to be honest, Im not that well versed in 'dowsing', I know some farmers and others have used it to locate underground springs, but Im not sure how it works, I did think it was more of a 'new age' kind of thing, but Im not sure if thats accurate or not anymore.

Anyone want to comment or explain how dowsing works?, or why she thinks it works for finding cryptids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 02:34 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Yes. It is perfectly possible to find anything as the rods/pendulum/dowsing tool is only an amplifier of your body's muscle reaction. Time (which is not linear) is not an obstacle either. It is the human who is doing the detecting. Apparently they use dowsers in the oil industry.

Old 08-06-2020, 12:20 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Igrew up with a guy that started dowsing with acommercially made one. He hasdoused quitefewfew oil wellsfor himself andwater wellsfor many people. He won't do it anymore because he says they can bring evil to you.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Igrew up with a guy that started dowsing with acommercially made one. He hasdoused quitefewfew oil wellsfor himself andwater wellsfor many people. He won't do it anymore because he says they can bring evil to you.
If you look at this differently, anything which involves a shift in consciousness "can bring evil to you" because there are more beings out there than we can acknowledge with our science.

My guess is that he was 'got at' by some religious organisation and was told that is their belief and so it becomes his belief also.

As many of us know, fear is what attracts tormenting thought forms which we ourselves create from our fears. There are many dowsers who have not experienced any evil, so all I can assume is that it is not EVERY person who 'indulges' in dowsing who will attract evil but only those who have fears of such.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
If you look at this differently, anything which involves a shift in consciousness "can bring evil to you" because there are more beings out there than we can acknowledge with our science.

My guess is that he was 'got at' by some religious organisation and was told that is their belief and so it becomes his belief also.

As many of us know, fear is what attracts tormenting thought forms which we ourselves create from our fears. There are many dowsers who have not experienced any evil, so all I can assume is that it is not EVERY person who 'indulges' in dowsing who will attract evil but only those who have fears of such.
Thanks.
He did have a religious conversion awhile back.

Old 08-07-2020, 03:56 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,473,619 times
Apparently a few people can dowse water wells, while most can't. The question is what gives the select few this ability?

Old 08-07-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Apparently a few people can dowse water wells, while most can't. The question is what gives the select few this ability?
My first guess is, they have some minor psychic ability...basically enough to find things they concentrate on.

Ive even read a handful of Encounters from people who are psychics, but usually these reports involve the Bigfoot supposedly communicating with them telepathically, and it gets pretty crazy, some of the details.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:45 AM

Try a forked limb from a Peach tree. We followed water lines with one.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Try a forked limb from a Peach tree. We followed water lines with one.
Will Do. Thanks

Old 08-08-2020, 07:42 PM

Using the forked stick puts your muscles into a tension position so it is more tiring than a couple of wire coathangers bent in L-rods but it certainly tells you when you have a reaction in your body. Do not watch it too closely otherwise you will get smacked in the face with the pointy end !

I believe most people can learn to listen to their body reactions to what they are looking for. I think it is something akin to what elephants can do with their trunk which is to find water miles away. So, I dont think you have to be classed as psychic to do these things, it is just that most people dont get into a situation where they can try to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal